Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this possibly a side effect of accutane? I feel like its hot alot, I mean I know the weather is getting warmer but sometime I sweat walking around the house with the air on. Or even watching T.v.. Other day I was at the store with my family and I was sweating my ass off and my sister was like wtf

Im on 20 mg of accutane and xanax as needed

Well, only sweating problem I have is now after Tane I sweat A LOT above my upper lip. Never did before like I do now.

Is this possibly a side effect of accutane? I feel like its hot alot, I mean I know the weather is getting warmer but sometime I sweat walking around the house with the air on. Or even watching T.v.. Other day I was at the store with my family and I was sweating my ass off and my sister was like wtf

I looked up Accutane to see if it causes diaphoresis (excessive sweating) on the International Hyperhydrosis Society's website. It says it can.

I don't know if I can put links but this is a list of all the medications that cause diaphoresis:

http://www.sweathelp.org/pdf/Diaphoretic_Drugs.pdf

Obviously, http://www.sweathelp.org/ is the International Hyperhydrosis Society's main site, if you want some more info and ideas about treatment.

I'm very interested in this subject, because of other drugs, not Accutane, and from the research I've done (read: amateur), there's not a lot you can do, besides discontinue the offending drug. And get some kick-ass deoderant.

There are a few methods to help if you have primary hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating not caused other diseases or medications). If you were really desperate, you might try those. I'm not sure if they'd be covered by insurance, though.

What I do:

I take 3 showers per day.

I use Secret Clinical Strength, which I apply at night, and I know this is bad, but besides using it liberally under my arms, I put it in a couple other places where I have to biggest problems with sweating. Yes, I'm that desperate. I'm a well-endowed girl, so this is most notably my breasts, and also, my back. I would so put it on my face, if I didn't have the feeling that's a very, very bad idea. (I don't think you're a girl, but I wanted to use an example, since you can't exactly cover your entire body with it.) Um, there's probably a manly equivalent out there. Its active ingredient is Aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex GLY 20%. It's the only antiperspirant that has lived up to the name "antiperspirant" for me.

I also use Crystal Stick Body Deoderant after any shower that I don't use Secret Clinical Strength after. It's a salt deoderant (weird, I know), but it kills germs just using natural minerals, no "chemicals", and it's not an antiperspirant, so it doesn't block sweat glands. Because of this awesomeness, you can safely use it anywhere on your body. It doesn't stop the sweat, but at least prevents any smelliness. It's not scented, either, which I like. I don't want to smell like I've put as much effort into not sweating and stinking as I do. I use it over a decent portion of my body, including the areas that have Secret on them from the night before. (Seriously, my doctor recommended this stuff when I was complaining about sweating. I definitely have assumed he was full of crap about this, if he hadn't had all those certificates on his walls about being an M.D. and everything.)

I hope that helps a little. I really, really know how embarrassing and uncomfortable excessive sweating can be.

I sweat a lot, A LOT. It's incredible how much I sweat now everywhere but more in my face ( front and upper lips) It's sure that is an effect of accutane.

I looked up Accutane to see if it causes diaphoresis (excessive sweating) on the International Hyperhydrosis Society's website. It says it can.

I don't know if I can put links but this is a list of all the medications that cause diaphoresis:

http://www.sweathelp.org/pdf/Diaphoretic_Drugs.pdf

Obviously, http://www.sweathelp.org/ is the International Hyperhydrosis Society's main site, if you want some more info and ideas about treatment.

I'm very interested in this subject, because of other drugs, not Accutane, and from the research I've done (read: amateur), there's not a lot you can do, besides discontinue the offending drug. And get some kick-ass deoderant.

There are a few methods to help if you have primary hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating not caused other diseases or medications). If you were really desperate, you might try those. I'm not sure if they'd be covered by insurance, though.

What I do:

I take 3 showers per day.

I use Secret Clinical Strength, which I apply at night, and I know this is bad, but besides using it liberally under my arms, I put it in a couple other places where I have to biggest problems with sweating. Yes, I'm that desperate. I'm a well-endowed girl, so this is most notably my breasts, and also, my back. I would so put it on my face, if I didn't have the feeling that's a very, very bad idea. (I don't think you're a girl, but I wanted to use an example, since you can't exactly cover your entire body with it.) Um, there's probably a manly equivalent out there. Its active ingredient is Aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex GLY 20%. It's the only antiperspirant that has lived up to the name "antiperspirant" for me.

I also use Crystal Stick Body Deoderant after any shower that I don't use Secret Clinical Strength after. It's a salt deoderant (weird, I know), but it kills germs just using natural minerals, no "chemicals", and it's not an antiperspirant, so it doesn't block sweat glands. Because of this awesomeness, you can safely use it anywhere on your body. It doesn't stop the sweat, but at least prevents any smelliness. It's not scented, either, which I like. I don't want to smell like I've put as much effort into not sweating and stinking as I do. I use it over a decent portion of my body, including the areas that have Secret on them from the night before. (Seriously, my doctor recommended this stuff when I was complaining about sweating. I definitely have assumed he was full of crap about this, if he hadn't had all those certificates on his walls about being an M.D. and everything.)

I hope that helps a little. I really, really know how embarrassing and uncomfortable excessive sweating can be.

Well, pretty much everytime I go to sleep I wake up sweating!! Not normal for me. And I'm on day 21 of accutane. The other day, I was sleeping over at my BF's house and the next morning he told me I was sweating while I was sleeping and it smelled like strong vitamins. I didn't believe him, (he doesn't know I'm on accutane!) and I smelled the pillow, and sure enough, vitamins!! It's so weird, because I have never been a 'sweater!'

yes! It's strange. I used to be cold all the time and now I'm hot. I hardly sweat though, but I just feel really hot and wanna take showers constantly!

i too sweat on a lot on my face, especially above my lip, and have been off accutane for a while now (a year and a half maybe?). it annoys the heck out of me :angry:

i don't sweat any more than normal but i do get hot flashes.

i start heating up really quickly and find it difficult to cool down.

I finished accutane about 2 months ago and I still have that problem. I am constantly overheating and sweating.

I tend to flush and sweat on my face and neck quite a bit in awkard and hot situations

hmm interesting... the link that turbosquad mentioned has zinc supplements listed and marked as being known to commonly cause diaphoresis, with the frequency of sweating as a side effect being as high as 50%.

so, how many of the people who are experiencing this problem take zinc and in what dosage? personally, i'm taking around 45mg of it a day (15 from multi and 30 separately).

[i'm on 45 mg and I find that my eyebrows are sweating lol and it's cold here

quote name=w8549' date='Jun 29 2007, 02:41 PM' post='1930428]

hmm interesting... the link that turbosquad mentioned has zinc supplements listed and marked as being known to commonly cause diaphoresis, with the frequency of sweating as a side effect being as high as 50%.

so, how many of the people who are experiencing this problem take zinc and in what dosage? personally, i'm taking around 45mg of it a day (15 from multi and 30 separately).