Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Use BHA's or (Beta Hydroxy Acids) . BHA's are excellent for white heads, and blackheads because BHA's absorb the oil in the pore itself and they exfoliate lightly inside the pore to get rid of the clogged bacteria.it Keep using a BHA everyday as it will prevent your skin from breaking out and it lightly exfoliates inside the pore to get rid of the clogged bacteria little by little.

Names of BHA's:

- Salicylic acid

- Willow Bark *The freshest kind*

Types of BHA's:

- Gel

- Lotion

- Liquid (The harshest form; use only if you have very oily skin)

Good BHA products:

1.) Neutrogena® Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent - 2% BHA

2.) Neutrogena® Clear Pore Treatment 2% BHA

3.) Paulas Choice BHA lotion - 1% BHA or 2%

There are some good salicylic acid containing scrubbing cleansers. I use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Gentle Scrub Cleanser (it has 0.5% salicylic acid). It keeps my skin smooth, and gets rid of some of the blackheads (though not all of them). For the stubborn ones you could try steaming your face and using a blackhead extractor.

neutrogena blackhead eliminating astringent worked for me. i saw results in 3 days. about 98% of my blackheads are gone and my pores look smaller. it also helps good with those tiny bumps.

actually...it works better than good for those tiny bumps. it got rid of the ones i had on my forehead.