Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscoBloodbath

people who straighten their hair.

how long does it take you in total? including the blowdrying/roller time as well.

i've blowdryed in the past, but have been using rollers of late to dry my hair. that alone takes me 40-60 minutes, and then the straightening takes me about 40 minutes, so in total it takes oh around 1 1/2 to 2 hours to do my hair. :mad: such a damn hassle.

It takes me about 45 minutes to blow dry & straighten. It depends on how I blow dry it & how long I let it dry up in a towel first, but if I want it nice then it's 30 minutes just to blow dry. Same with straightening....I can do it in under 15 minutes, but not if I want it to look right.

I usually wash my hair & blow dry at night, & then straighten in the morning or I'd never be on time to work....

No way....that would kill my hair....sometimes I let it dry naturally (often twisting it into two sections & pinning it in place while I sleep so it dries more wavy), and then I use a curling iron in the morning to go over certain chunks that aren't wavy enough. If I want to make my hair really nice when wavy, then that's 20 min or so with the curling iron...

I only wash my hair every other day too, and in between I'll just wash my bangs if they're oily & I pull the rest of my hair back (depending on how well it has held up).

So maybe twice a week do I blow dry & straighten.

What a pain hair is!

I wash my hair at night so I let it air dry. Straightening already fries my hair enough so I figured i'd give my hair a little slack and not blowdry. It takes me a 15 minutes to straighten my hair if I am in a rush.. but if I want it to look REALLY nice, it will take me a half hour =]

It takes me about 45 minutes. I usually let my hair air dry, so I use the blow dryer for a couple of minutes. I have a lot of hair so it always takes a while, but my flat iron works really well so that helps. But I don't really mind anymore...it's become another part of the routine.

Mine only takes me about 20+ minutes total, blow drying and straigtening. But I also chopped most of my hair recently. I have an angled bob, kinda sorta. When my hair is long, it can easily take me 45+ minutes to do my hair.

to really get my hair straight, it takes a total of 2 hours, including blow drying and flat ironing. Which is why I leave my hair curly all the time.

I dont usually blow dry my hair but when i do it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get it completely dry.Since my hair is naturally straight i can usually skip the straightening but if i happen to need to it takes only like 5 minutes.

But i only do that a few times a week.I usually keep my hair up in a towel for a while then let it down to air dry straight.

Not to be an unsympathetic arse, but I would kill to have thick, wavy hair. It's just this ugly, baby-fine, flat mess that hangs limply from my head.

I understand you guys deem your hair as a hassle, but I wish I had hair with more body. x)

Not to be an unsympathetic arse, but I would kill to have thick, wavy hair. It's just this ugly, baby-fine, flat mess that hangs limply from my head.

I understand you guys deem your hair as a hassle, but I wish I had hair with more body. x)

god i'm thinking of just cutting my hair way shorter so that it wont take so long to dry and straighten. or just not straightening at all and finding ways to make my curls looks great. but i doubt that'll happen. :(

Wow, your hair keeps you busy.

So, just to toss this out there: would any of you trade your thick, curly hair for mousy, baby-fine, limp hair?

i wouldn't. i hate the hassle my hair gives me, but i'll take it over really thin, limp hair any day. what i wish i could have is hair like jennifer aniston or something. which is both thick and straight. or hair with a nice wave and reasonable thickness.

My friend has this super-thick, straight, obedient, beautiful hair. I hate her for it. x)

I found this great tip in a recent magazine article. Instead of drying your hair with a towel, wrapping it with an old tshirt will keep your hair smooth and frizz free. It works! Now I understand why my aunt sleeps with a silk scarf wrapped around her hair. Smooth fabric definitely helps keep your cuticles down and lock in the moisture.

I got sick of dealing with my hair and bought a wig...lol Takes me all of 30 - 45 seconds to do my hair now...lol

My hair is naturally a little wavy and it's really thick so sometimes it's puffy and just makes my head look huge! When I straighten it, I can just do it with straighteners and it will take 20-30 mins to do.

My hair is naturally a little wavy and it's really thick so sometimes it's puffy and just makes my head look huge! When I straighten it, I can just do it with straighteners and it will take 20-30 mins to do.