Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have some facial warts that are not going away. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I can't burn them off (scarring, etc) and I don't know of anything out there that is proven to work. The web searches all say they will go away on their own. I have had them for over 2 years and they are just spreading.

Any help would be apprecated

-Cram

if you want resutls immediately go to a dermatologist and theyll do cryosurgery or something, something thats gonna take a while is higher concentrations of salicylic acid i dunno if theyre okay for the face but they sell them at any store, its just like the salicylic acid used for exfoliating but much faster.

Go to a dermatologist for definitive diagnosis and treatment. Absolutely do not try anything at home on your face, particularly not a salicylic acid wart remover! Those are 17% salicylic acid and will burn you a nice scar into your skin.

What you MIGHT have instead of warts are skin tags. keloidal scars or even skin colored moles, NOT warts. You may even have simple sun damage. So go to a derm and find your solution there. :)

Thanks everyone. I hate going to the derm, but sounds like I should. I will if I get concerned enough I guess. When the pain of going is less than the pain of not going, then I'll go!

Thanks,

-Cram

You might be able to go to your GP. It tends to be cheaper, depending on who your insurance is.

Good luck!