Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mclumpy

nodules from silicone injection

well, this is my first post here and it comes because i had silicone injection done about a month and change ago and woke up last week to find a cyst in one of the spots injected. none of the other spots so far have erupted and i pray to anyone out there listening they dont. i havent had a cyst in the 10 or years since taking accutane, just in case some of you might be thinking its not necessarily a result of the silicone. it is. i had the silskin 1000 and had a experienced doctor perform the procedure. for some reason, this spot rejected it. i had my derm hit the spot with a cortisone shot and if all goes well it will go away and that will be that. i dont think my sensative system tolerates this sort of thing, and thats why i write. i was puting alot of hope on these shots to erase some damage that has bothered me for a long time. with this scare, i know there are bigger scares out there. one being not knowing if your face will be a land mine field at some point. no thanks. also, if anyone has been through this and has some adcise ast to what to do if the cortisone doesnt work, ide appreciate it. the other spots are fine and might always be and maybe if i continued getting more silicone, it wouldnt be a problem, but i dont know if i can take that chance now.

i thought cortisone not do anything for silicone? i read this on a site by dr julio garcia. sorry i have no answers for you :( i wish you luck though

well, this is my first post here and it comes because i had silicone injection done about a month and change ago and woke up last week to find a cyst in one of the spots injected. none of the other spots so far have erupted and i pray to anyone out there listening they dont. i havent had a cyst in the 10 or years since taking accutane, just in case some of you might be thinking its not necessarily a result of the silicone. it is. i had the silskin 1000 and had a experienced doctor perform the procedure. for some reason, this spot rejected it. i had my derm hit the spot with a cortisone shot and if all goes well it will go away and that will be that. i dont think my sensative system tolerates this sort of thing, and thats why i write. i was puting alot of hope on these shots to erase some damage that has bothered me for a long time. with this scare, i know there are bigger scares out there. one being not knowing if your face will be a land mine field at some point. no thanks. also, if anyone has been through this and has some adcise ast to what to do if the cortisone doesnt work, ide appreciate it. the other spots are fine and might always be and maybe if i continued getting more silicone, it wouldnt be a problem, but i dont know if i can take that chance now.

what do you mean cortisone works for nodules that are inflamation? is there a difference between nodules and inflamation from nodules? are they different and how, and whats the treatment for both?

thanks.

I've had two silicone injections with very minimal results, not planning on getting any more at this time. I do remember getting a underground lump, never really came to a head but scared me thinking it was some horrible reaction. It went away. I also got some clogged pores and little zits around the areas injected over time but they went away too. Unless the cyst turns into something humongous with a lot of swelling I wouldn't worry too much, it should go away. Of course it is up to you if you continue but it may just be a zit caused by the injection irritation and not necessarily the silicone. Good luck.

Cortisone does help with some silicone nodules that are inflamation. Also, there is another injection called FL-5. Do a search on it, it's not suppose to cause indentions. good luck.

since you have had silicone, i guess you are good to ask questions. forgive all the questions. you say you have a nodule from silicone? did they occur in all the spots you had injected or just the one? how soon after your injection did you notice it? you say you tried cortizone and the other stuff and they didnt help? being that mine did almost fully recede and is much smaller after the cortizone, does that imply to you that perhaps mine in not a nodule?

and tricia, you said you had a lump? can you describe it? mine was hard, and it too never came to a head, and the skin surface was and still is red on the spot.

Also, would a nodule, if what i have is a nodule, come back after receding like this? i know a cyst or pimple can actthis way...go away and come back but i dont know if a nodule behaves the same way or is more just a hard mass that either goes away or has to be cut out? thanks.

sorry, one more thing. like i said, my skins surface is red at the spot. would a nodule have an effect on the skins surface like this or is a nodule something that is just below the surface?

I'm not sure if mine was a nodule but it did eventually go away, I only had problem with one spot. I think there is a risk of this happening when you have any filler done, not just silicone. It may be best to be on antibiotics if you are going to get it done again so that it can prevent any breakouts. Mine was a hard lump and it was slightly red.

sorry, tricia, one more question. how soon after the injection did you notice it and how long before it went away? and how long how is been since it went away? thanks again.

sorry, tricia, one more question. how soon after the injection did you notice it and how long before it went away? and how long how is been since it went away? thanks again.

since you have had silicone, i guess you are good to ask questions. forgive all the questions. you say you have a nodule from silicone? did they occur in all the spots you had injected or just the one? how soon after your injection did you notice it? you say you tried cortizone and the other stuff and they didnt help? being that mine did almost fully recede and is much smaller after the cortizone, does that imply to you that perhaps mine in not a nodule?

and tricia, you said you had a lump? can you describe it? mine was hard, and it too never came to a head, and the skin surface was and still is red on the spot.

Also, would a nodule, if what i have is a nodule, come back after receding like this? i know a cyst or pimple can actthis way...go away and come back but i dont know if a nodule behaves the same way or is more just a hard mass that either goes away or has to be cut out? thanks.

sorry, one more thing. like i said, my skins surface is red at the spot. would a nodule have an effect on the skins surface like this or is a nodule something that is just below the surface?

sheryllynn, thanks for all the info.. one last question, you said it wasnt done in small ammounts, like today, so maybe that contributed to your nodules, but do you know what grade of silicone was used...was it medical grade like the stuff today is supposed to be? and how soon after your injections did you notice the granulomas? and, other than the nodules, you havent noticed any other problems that you suspect are caused by the silicone...anything imunological...headaches, rashes, mental problems, fatigue, etc.? sorry for prying and i understand if you dont want to discuss anything. thanks.

sheryllynn, thanks for all the info.. one last question, you said it wasnt done in small ammounts, like today, so maybe that contributed to your nodules, but do you know what grade of silicone was used...was it medical grade like the stuff today is supposed to be? and how soon after your injections did you notice the granulomas? and, other than the nodules, you havent noticed any other problems that you suspect are caused by the silicone...anything imunological...headaches, rashes, mental problems, fatigue, etc.? sorry for prying and i understand if you dont want to discuss anything. thanks.

ylem, you said it went away? how long did it take to go away and did it go away without the use of cortizone or any other treatment?

ylem, you said it went away? how long did it take to go away and did it go away without the use of cortizone or any other treatment?

It took about 6 weeks. But after about a month, it had dramatically reduced in size. It went away naturally! Thank GOD!!!

can anyone here describe the difference between a granuloma and a cyst? is a granuloma more of a hard mass and a cyst being a sac? whatever i have flattened out when my derm shot it with cortizone and then popped back up when i played with it. my derm said a granuloma wouldnt go up and down like that, which indicates to him that its a cyst that developed from the injection.

can anyone here describe the difference between a granuloma and a cyst? is a granuloma more of a hard mass and a cyst being a sac? whatever i have flattened out when my derm shot it with cortizone and then popped back up when i played with it. my derm said a granuloma wouldnt go up and down like that, which indicates to him that its a cyst that developed from the injection.

Hi Sheryllynn,

I have one more follow up question for you. i have ended up having to have the bump i have injected with cortizone a couple of times now and it has gone down and unfortunaetly has created an indent, which i am told can flatten out in time. its been about 3 1/2 weeks since the cortizone injection and i was wondering for you, you said you had your bump or bumps injected with cortizone aswell, how much time would pass before it came back? i ask because i am hopefull that this time it will stay gone and i wanna get an idea of when i can feel confident that it will stay away this time. i fear if it return again, i will have to have it surgically removed. also, did you or anyone else who has had silicone injections or cortizone to treat them have any weird creepy sensations in the area. its like a creepy crawly sensation that i only get on the spot that was injection with cortizone...could be some sort of healing effect, but was curious if anyone else even noticed this? thanks.

Hi Sheryllynn,

I have one more follow up question for you. i have ended up having to have the bump i have injected with cortizone a couple of times now and it has gone down and unfortunaetly has created an indent, which i am told can flatten out in time. its been about 3 1/2 weeks since the cortizone injection and i was wondering for you, you said you had your bump or bumps injected with cortizone aswell, how much time would pass before it came back? i ask because i am hopefull that this time it will stay gone and i wanna get an idea of when i can feel confident that it will stay away this time. i fear if it return again, i will have to have it surgically removed. also, did you or anyone else who has had silicone injections or cortizone to treat them have any weird creepy sensations in the area. its like a creepy crawly sensation that i only get on the spot that was injection with cortizone...could be some sort of healing effect, but was curious if anyone else even noticed this? thanks.