Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeD

I finally found a estitition that helped me.

The reason I went in was specifically to improve the blackheads on my nose and bags under my eyes. Those are only two things I REALLY want to improve on my face. The only other things that I notice are a few sun spots, acne spots, large pores on cheeks and a few scars by my eyes caused 10 yr old girl beating me up when I was two. . I don't really feel like these test addressed my promary concerns, but it's nice that I'm getting something done.... I have spent years trying to find a derm/estitition that would help me.

Here's what pic tests results were:

Spots: 53

Pores: 147

Porphyrins: 73 (All covering my nose)

Wrinkles: 5 (The test didn't account for the hard bags under my eyes)

Texture: 194

UV spots: 31

She recommended Vibraderm Microdermabrasion. I am not familiar with that that does or how much it costs. I asked about price and how the results last and she wouldn't really answer. One person I know said it costs around $200 and lasts about 3 months. Not bad...

I've been using my in-home microdermabrasion kit and I've seen wonderful results after just a few weeks. If I extract the clogs and use that kit every 2-3 days along with my regular regimen, my blackheads ACTUALLY STAY GONE! I can't believe the only thing I was missing all these years was consistent day-to-day exfoliation. The estitition said that in-home kits are good for maintanence and will improve the skin somewhat, but real microdermabrasion would help me achieve MUCH better skin..

I just wanted all of your thoughts. Do you guys think this is right for me?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, she said the only thing that would improve the valley under my eyes would be a collagen injection. She said those are around $900 and last about 9 months. That's the same price the other estitition I spoke to last week quoted me.

So, $100/month to get rid of the valley under my eyes? WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?!

i have bad bags under my eyes no matter what maybe ill look into this too ^^ haha

what is your in-home microdermabrasion JakeD?

Yeah. The estitition had it done and she looked 100% times better. I saw her before and after photos. I'll do it eventually for sure.

I'm using the Neutrogena in-home microdermabrasion.

I concur with JakeD. I used to just use chemical exfoliants on a daily basis. When I recently added manual exfoliation, I noted much less breakouts and a minimal improvement in blackheads.

Congratulations JakeD!!!!! :) I'm so glad to hear of your success with improving your skin. Isn't exfoliation incredibly wonderful? :) Yay!