Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
splodge

Washing Question

A friend of mine told me to remove the oil off my face, lightly dab a flannel on my face in the morning, before a shower. He said that by removing the grease off the face first, you are removing the barrier of oil and allows the water to penetrate the skin and cleanse. By this the water does not just "slide" over the layer of grease on your face.

It is true that oil and water don't mix, and it seems to make sense to me, but my question is, will this actually work? or will it only irritate my skin as flannels tend to be rough and people say that you should only wash gently with your hands.

A friend of mine told me to remove the oil off my face, lightly dab a flannel on my face in the morning, before a shower. He said that by removing the grease off the face first, you are removing the barrier of oil and allows the water to penetrate the skin and cleanse. By this the water does not just "slide" over the layer of grease on your face.

It is true that oil and water don't mix, and it seems to make sense to me, but my question is, will this actually work? or will it only irritate my skin as flannels tend to be rough and people say that you should only wash gently with your hands.

You are right, flannels can be rough, I use Skinvac Daily Cleansing towel, its soft and makes my face feel clean. Water alone doesn't leave a clean feel. When I started water only cleansing, I tried a regular towel a few times, it did not remove all the grease and personally, it was a little rough too. ;)

well thats true oil is used to lock in moisture i guess your trying not to use soap, but even if you wipe with a cloth your skin is still soaked with oil. The whole water only regimen is meant to keep that layer there and not irritate the skin with soap