Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goddamnspots

Waiting for NHS Derm Appointments pisses me off

im currently waiting for a derm appointment at my hospital, got referred by my GP... got the choose and book option, they didnt have anything available (?!) so they said choose a hospital and we'll pass on your info and they will contact you in 9 days... its been 7/8 days so im waiting 2 more days and if they don't contact me i'll have to ring back AGAIN... and possibly have missed out on appointments because of this faffing about... bloody NHS. yes i love it but hate it too.

il probably have to wait 6 months to get an actual appointment then another month till i get to start tane.

jeez, im getting married next year. I NEED TO HAVE CLEAR SKIN DAMN IT!

i refuse to be a spotty bride :(

i wish i had the money to go private!

i will do in august... (get paid huge sums of money, yay!!) but i have no idea how to find a private derm?! i have tried looking but no success.

i got roaccutane on the nhs and the appointment didnt take too long, maybe 4 weeks after i got the letter and a few weeks to get the letter. i walked in and out of my first dermatologist appointment with my accutane prescription in my hand so i wouldnt worry it will be quicker then you think. all in all the process took approx 2 months

good luck

hey. i think it depends alot on where u r. im in london & had 2 wait a couple of months 2 c a derm on the NHS then he wouldnt give me tane unless i tried another antibiotic for 2 months even though id been on them 3 years, great. so after about 4 months of messin around when my appt was due they cancelled it anyway, wasnt happy! so i went private had an appt within 3 days and strated tane the same day. u gp should be able 2 advise u how 2 go private or give u some info on dermatology clinics etc. where abouts r u?

It felt like forever but it was only a few weeks wait (after they had to resend the letter after it got lost first grrr)

Yeah - I think its really important to push your GP to get a derm appointment asap because of the potentially long waiting times.

hey. i think it depends alot on where u r. im in london & had 2 wait a couple of months 2 c a derm on the NHS then he wouldnt give me tane unless i tried another antibiotic for 2 months even though id been on them 3 years, great. so after about 4 months of messin around when my appt was due they cancelled it anyway, wasnt happy! so i went private had an appt within 3 days and strated tane the same day. u gp should be able 2 advise u how 2 go private or give u some info on dermatology clinics etc. where abouts r u?

im in the north west.... cheshire to be precise.

i think i'll wait till i get an appointment n depending on how far away it is will go private (if its more than 4months+)

how much did you pay for the cost of tane including appointments with derm etc?

thanks