Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Defect

Extremely itchy neck

I don't know wth is wrong with my neck. A few days ago it just started itching like crazy. A few little bumps appeared.. maybe it's a rash.. or maybe those are small pimples. Either way, I've got to stop scratching it. It's on the front of my neck. Grrr sooo annoying. Can anyone help?

i have gotten that feelin yesterday during the day....

and i woke up ..there were tiny tiny pimples..not even noticeable.. i poped them..and they are gone....

but mine was on the side of my chin.. are you taken any medication ?

is it from shaving?!!? Tiny red bumps like that happen to some people when they shave.

Well dont scratch it. Get a moisturizer that is derm tested and prevents scratching. Like St. Ives.

Nah it's like a rash or something. I've never had acne itch like this. It's driving me crazy. I'd pay 20 dollars for it to stop. I hope I didn't irritate my neck too bad by scratching it, it'd suck to have a huge break out on my neck. Oh yea, and no it's not from shaving, it's below where all the hair grows. Like on my lower neck.

Yeah, I've been having the same thing. I just got back from a movie, and during the movie my neck just started itching like crazy! It sucked lol.

i get that sometimes...my neck will jst start itching n get blotchy, its more like a reaction to something rather than acne, sometimes i get it at the side of my chin too..i usually jst put moisturizer on it and leave it alone and it goes away

I suffer from this too. It'd get itchy and red. It happens to my face as well. I believe this is an allergic reaction to either something you put on your neck, or something you eat. It could be something as simple as the material of the shirt you are wearing. THe best way to prevent the itching is not to scratch it (I know its crazy) and apply moisturiser. If its too bad, pop an anti-histamine like claritin or zyrtec. It should help.

When it first started itching I thought it was just like a normal itch. Now I think it's an allergic reaction, so I stopped scratching it. Don't know what I'm allergic too though. I guess I'll put some lotion on it...

It's probably gone by now, but in case it comes back, you may want to try this: soak a towel in warm water then wring it out and then rub some baking soda into the towel. Add a little more water and rub the baking soda into the towel well, then wipe the itchy area with it. About 30 mins later, if there is still some light itching, do it again. This should leave you itch free for a while.

when i put a decent amount of retina-a on my neck, i can sometimes get EXTREMELY itchy and rashy around my neck, ears, and sideburns. its a reaction from the retina-a. my derm told me it was dermatitis and gave me some elidel and cutivate to get rid of it and it worked. might be your problem as well. retin-a is kind of a harsh topical...