Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys, i have super oily skin, and acne to go along with it. My guess would be if I could control the oil or slow it down alot the acne would decrease aswell. that's only a thought... i get these huge red painful bumps that never really come to a whitehead, they just hurt and are large and red, here is a pic of my forehead, yo0u can see a large i gues they called pustule? and the super oil, the pic doesn't do justice. any ideas? im 23 y/opost-30765-1182367476_thumb.jpg

post-30765-1182367476_thumb.jpg

warm Water ONLY cleansing helped my oiliness a lot, its reduced and more even, not patchy. Soap cleansers made me break out. :doh: its worth trying.

I know the type of bumps you mean, the ones with no opening, i get these all over when I eat too much fatty foods like pepperoni pizza, chewy butter cookies, peanuts and deep fried stuff, they go away when I cut down on fatty foods. maybe its a food problem??

that looks like it could probably be a cyst especially from your desription. Depending on how many of these cysts that you get you may want to consider accutane but that usually means going through retinoids like Differin, Retin A etc. From a lot of ppl retinoids work pretty well on cysts. If its not really that bad you may want to try using SA daily it could help reduce the number of cysts you get

Use a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin when you wash your face. Wash only twice a day in warm, not hot water. I'm less oily now that I've switched to a sensitive cleanser that actually has moisturizer in it.

If you get out of your shower and your face feels tight, you're drying it out too much and the cleanser you're using is too harsh.

The no-cleanser route does NOT work for me.

You should also try gentle chemical or manual exfoliation. Start out with gentle manual exfoliation and see how that improves your overall skin texture and bumpiness. Exfoliation helps get rid of the dead layer of skin cells and sebum that contributes to clogged pores. Check out the thread in my signature for a cheap and effective manual exfoliation technique. Amazingly effective. :)

The Queen Helene Mint Julep mask feels nice and some people report that it helps clear their blackheads and clogged pores. I have not noticed that for myself, but it feels just great to use it. I wouldn't use it daily, perhaps weekly.

its amzing but Buy apple cider vinegar and have 2 tea spoons in the mourning and 2 tea spoons at night. and your oil production will be improved dramitally and i find i get less acne and they dry up extremely fast now.

my face usted to be soaked in oil by the end of school. now by the end of school i seriously have lost 95% of my oils or more. if i run my forehead

i get a little bit of oil not even noticeable.

ACV is also very good for you and has many health benefits.

i use cetaphil antibacterial bar twice a day, and at night i exfoliate with the brush i seen on here a while back. I have tried the just hot water dip thing, didn't work, so i went back to using soap. I have very sensitive skin, i am light complected... I have been wanting to try the ACV but was kind of skeptica, still am really...i might go get me some good organic ACV from sun harvest, what cleanser do you recommend?

i use cetaphil antibacterial bar twice a day, and at night i exfoliate with the brush i seen on here a while back. I have tried the just hot water dip thing, didn't work, so i went back to using soap. I have very sensitive skin, i am light complected... I have been wanting to try the ACV but was kind of skeptica, still am really...i might go get me some good organic ACV from sun harvest, what cleanser do you recommend?

I have used purpose in the past with no success :( , it dries my skin out worse than cetaphil :(

I have used purpose in the past with no success :( , it dries my skin out worse than cetaphil :(

overdose fish oil

cut out all simple carbs

2+ liters of water a day, no caffeine or juices

my oil is down 80%+ since january and i used to get very oily within 3-4 hours

your forehead looks the same like mine did last year

cyph31, did u have alot of little black dots all over...im guessing these are blackheads? all over my nose, cheeks, forehead i have those spots...when you say overdose fish oil, what does that mean? how much?

oooh wow, I definetly will not be doing the ACV thing, i just tried to do the first teaspoon, and it made me throw up, literally got a nasty spicy zesty bitter oooh shit taste. Now im back at square one, i am even getting brekaouts on my chest and shoulders, what do you guys think about trying nuetorgena acne body wash, see how that works on my body and if it works get a salyic cleaner for my face? i don't wanna buy the nuetrogena or nything like that because they have never worked for me before

The Cetaphil is fine if it works for you....

not to be rude, but it doesn't work obviously...I still break out regularly...most of the time they are NOT white heads, just red bumps, some get big and painful...altough sometimes they do form a whitehead... im thinking the ACV wouldn't hurt altough im wondering if ill be able to get that stuff down. :confused:

Might want to check this out in the Snow Queens thread on ingredients in products, but I've been using Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash as my facial cleanser for months now.

The price is right, it's mild, but even gets my stubborn makeup off.

Pic: http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/14457/200.jpg

It's been a god send for me in a sea of expensive, ineffective cleansers.

I would definetly try an exfoliant. Maybe some salicylic acid like Paula's Choice or something. Just beware that most of the store brands ph balance is off.

Good luck!

well, for the past 3 days i have just been rinsing with warm water in the mornings afternoon and night, i have no need big pustules or anything really noticable, just alot more little whiteheads and little spots...i just got tired of washing my face with shit that doesn't work...unless this just makes me look horrible im going to stick with this...I might throw in an exfoliation with the brush every week or something, im just at my breaking point

cyph31, did u have alot of little black dots all over...im guessing these are blackheads? all over my nose, cheeks, forehead i have those spots...when you say overdose fish oil, what does that mean? how much?

welll....it's been about a week maybe less on the water only, and im breaking out alot, idk if it's good or bad? it looks kinda like less blackheads on my nose but i might just be thinking positive. I am breaking out in alot of smaller breakouts now, I have alot of red spots, and whiteheads today

water only dipping has advantages and disadvantages

advantages

-warm direct water will really get down in the pore more than washing and cleansing ever will

-inexpensive

disadvantages

-really dries out your skin and adding moisturizer afterwards might cause pore clogging (i hate all moisturizers)

-in a similar way will leave large dry dead patches of oily flaky skin which you won't be able to get off except with manual exfoliation like a baby brush, and even then it takes some serious pressure (and that means more irritation of the skin underneath)

-makes red marks more severe, when i went back to the cleansing + shower rinse route i noticed about half of my redmarks became almost unnoticable after a few months

im not dipping...just spashing and kind of rubbing a little with my hands, then splashing with cold water. i have noticed I don't get as oily, but still get oily, and i am breaking out alot right now

you're rubbing your hands into your face in areas where you haven't fully removed previous built up oil? that might be your problem

how is one supposed to tell the differnce between "little whiteheads all over that are "purging" and coming to a head", and just plain 'ol this method is not working and I am breaking out bad?? Because right now it's horrible, breakouts everywhere and last night i washed with cetaphil cuz I was so depressed. I have crushed up aspririn on the spots as we speak, I haven't tried acne medication in a long time OTC im talking...Do you guys think I should? this is really depressing

i guess just with time

a purge should stop eventually, something irritating to your skin internally or externally will keep screwing it up

well def. IMO the water only splash 2-3 times a day can in NO way be irritating...it's just water, and it doesn't make my face red or dry or anything, just less oil. I have really fair/white/sensitive skin. the aspirin mask seemed to make a little difference in the redness of the existing spots, could just be thinking positive, im trying to stay positive

heres my forehead today...also my cheeks have multiple breakouts, and my neck

post-30765-1183582096_thumb.jpg

post-30765-1183582096_thumb.jpg