Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

1 for me. 0 for acne.

I woke up with better skin!!!! :dance: No new acne. All existing acne shrunk significantly. Localized heavy peeling around the cysts. :dance:

Yay! :dance:

What I did:

I massaged a good amount of aloe vera gel in all over face and neck. I mean massaged, until it was completely soaked in. I was hoping this would kind of exfoliate gently and get some blood flowing to promote healing over night. I noticed that its soothing properties were enhanced some.

Waited ~20 minutes . . .

I massaged as much Tazorac into my face as would absorb, focusing on my jaw and neck where the acne are at their worst. I think massaging might have helped it absorbed more. I was suprised how much I could put on. I actually find Tazorac soothing and moisturizing, too, but I might just be special like that. (This is doctor sanctioned: My NP told me to start using as much of the topicals as my skin can tolerate.)

And I woke up so much clearer! :dance::dance::dance:

:dance:

That sounds terrific. Massage alone is a great circulation improver, so massage with exceptional topicals has to be great! :) Hope it continues to work well for you.

I'm gonna go purchase some aloe vera gel today and try this tonight. Congrats on improving your skin. :dance: It's always nice to randomly find something that works miracles. Couple of days and you could be clear (what a thought!)

I see you're using Duac morning and afternoon. How are you finding using it twice a day with the Tazorac? I have just recently been put on Duac and i don't think once a day is gonna cut it! I'm lost in the morning without using some topical on my face.

I'm gonna go purchase some aloe vera gel today and try this tonight. Congrats on improving your skin. :dance: It's always nice to randomly find something that works miracles. Couple of days and you could be clear (what a thought!)

I see you're using Duac morning and afternoon. How are you finding using it twice a day with the Tazorac? I have just recently been put on Duac and i don't think once a day is gonna cut it! I'm lost in the morning without using some topical on my face.

Duac twice per day is kinda rough, but the Duac has always irritated me some. It helps a lot to apply (massaging seems to help here, too) the aloe and jojoba beforehand. Then wait 15-20 minutes before applying Duac. (Duac is hard to massage, but I kinda try.) Then it only stings and itches for about an hour twice per day.

If I was outside a lot or did even moderate physical activity (sweat being the main issue) while Duac was on, I don't think I could tolerate it. It would just sting and itch too much.

I've gotten up to using about 2 pea sizes with this.

Since I'm on so much stuff, I can't tell exactly how much Duac in increased amounts and twice per day has contributed specifically, though. I've been doing most of my healing at night, which is normal anyway, but that's the only time I don't have any Duac on, either.

My NP definitely thinks Duac is/should be the shit for me, since I "have the most inflamed acne [she's] ever seen", and it's great at fighting the infections that cause that inflammation. So, yeah, if you're super inflamed, according to my NP, Duac twice per day probably rocks for you.

I've been getting better at figuring out the proportion of jojoba vs. aloe to use as a moisturizer. Raising the jojoba if I'm particularly dry. Raising the aloe if I'm particularly sensitive. I think that helps, too, in keeping my skin from freaking so much about the increased topicals.

Aloe isn't extremely moisturizing, so if you're using it with Duac, I'd mix a little of something else (moisturizing) in. It makes it spread more easily that way, too.

***Update***

It happened again! :dance:

I think I'm 70% to 75% clear now. By my standards. I think I have about 37 inflammatory acne left, all on their way out. I mean, some people might have 5 acne at one time, so 1 acne left would be 80%, but anything under, say, 7, I'm going to consider basically clear for me.

My blackheads mostly disappeared a few weeks ago, but my brain would explode if I accurately kept track of them, too. I think that's the Tazorac. My nose looks way better even than when I was on prescrition acne meds, Triaz and Sulfacet, from ages 12 to 20, and was basically clear. No gunk = teeny, tiny pores.

My red (pink on me) markes heal very, very fast. I think that could be the aloe vera. (And/or the jojoba oil?) It might help with scars, too, but I've never gotten blantantly obvious scars, even from the deep cysts I've absolutely tortured.

I just wanted to add that I recently started using a clean pillow case every night. And a clean towel for my face every day.

I've been on minocycline 11 days now, which is supposed to be too early to work, but I went directly from tetracycline, which was working, to mino. So maybe that's helping? Since, maybe the bacteria were already on the run? *looks pointedly at Wynne* *is also thinking being a nurse and wants to be up on these things*

So, those things are probably helping, too, beyond what was in my first post.

. . . and my acne gets worse :( . . . and my skin has gotten super sensitive out of nowhere.