Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

rewind and or delete button...

Do you ever wish life had a rewind and or delete button? I know I do. I wouldve treated my acne a lot earlier than I did. I wouldve gone about junior high differently (which is a main reason Im a f*** up now, it lowered my self esteem) What are your regrets and do you ever wish your life had a rewind and or delete button?

ever hear that saying, if only I knew then what I know now? It's very common and normal to feel like you do Molly, to want to re-do or erase something you did.

However. Consider this: at the time, it was what felt right and perhaps even what you WANTED. It also made you who you are today and living in regret or guilt is certainly not proactive to your future.

Anytime you start to think negatively, force yourself to lead it in another direction..

man...I am starting to sound like the secret now :rolleyes::redface:

I have thought of how much i want to go back in time and change things almost all the time. I cant begin to imagine how many things i would change.. i would say 14 years old would be the ideal time for me to go back... if i could talk to myself and tell myself the importance of a lot of things i really would.

thing is though... ask yourself this - is acne making us want this?(if you want it) i thought to myself, that maybe i only want this because my self-esteem has been lowered from acne. Maybe its not true.. i feel i have alot of issues that have caught up to me that i didnt address when i was younger and that with/without acne id want to do this.. but thats just something i havent answered yet.

but eh.. yea i wish i could go back in time anyway.. :\

I have thought of how much i want to go back in time and change things almost all the time. I cant begin to imagine how many things i would change.. i would say 14 years old would be the ideal time for me to go back... if i could talk to myself and tell myself the importance of a lot of things i really would.

thing is though... ask yourself this - is acne making us want this?(if you want it) i thought to myself, that maybe i only want this because my self-esteem has been lowered from acne. Maybe its not true.. i feel i have alot of issues that have caught up to me that i didnt address when i was younger and that with/without acne id want to do this.. but thats just something i havent answered yet.

but eh.. yea i wish i could go back in time anyway.. :\

My main problem is having a learning disability and having been made fun of my whole life.

I just wish I could re-live some amazing experiences again. I wouldn't change anything, because I've learned from my mistakes and wouldn't want to un-do that.

I used to wish I could go back and do things differently. Now I realize that everything I've done has contributed to making me who I am now. Since I actually like who I am now, that's a good thing.

With age and maturity I think your outlook will change, too. Just keep up with the therapy visits and the medicines that work for you. Try for a positive outlook.

I've been impressed with the helpfulness you show on this board, AND how your posting style is changing. You are being more positive. THAT is a great start for personal healing. :)

Well, i'm for one who believes in no regrets, your past makes who you are...etc. But acne is just a whole different level.

BTW, delete button would be heavily abused by me lol.

I just wish I re-live some amazing experiences again. I wouldn't change anything, because I've learned from my mistakes and wouldn't want to un-do that.

me too.. maybe thats why we dont have the power to change the past..

I would love for there to be a rewind button in life.. but I wouldn't change anything that has happened. It would just be tp re-live some of the best things to happen in my life and experience the "good ol' days" again. I would have handled some things a bit better though.. and some acne issues. Overall though, I wouldn't drastically chnage anything.. because THIS is who I am. And I am DAMN proud to be who I am. In a world where there are more shitty people than good.. I can be sure Im one of the good ones.

LOL sorry you guys Accutane makes me so emotional HAHAHA.