Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Froggystyle

Aveeno Foaming Cleanser with Salicylic Acid

I just got done using one bottle since I have been on the regime.

This is what the bottle states:

Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment

* For Clear, Even-Looking Skin

* Helps Prevent Breakouts

Oil Free. Noncomedogenic. Soap-Free. Hypoallergenic.

I got the product because it had all those elements you should look for in a cleanser, but my question is at first when I used it, I felt like it wasn't cleaning deep enough and now it feels like it's over drying my face.

Does the Salicylic Acid make it too dry especially with BP? I try using less foam and try washing my face a little less and it helps, but I was wondering if Salicyclic Acid was good for you?

I heard that you shouldn't have SA or any other stuff in your cleanser. Is it ok?

thanks.

Yes, the over-drying is likely due to the combination of BP and SA. If you're on the DKR, it'd probably be best if you used a non-medicated cleanser, as the SA will just dry your skin out.

Medications in cleansers usually don't work that well anyway. The ten seconds or so that the medication is on your skin isn't enough for it to absorb properly or do any good for your acne. Basically, you want a cleanser with everything described in that cleanser (oil-free, noncomedogenic etc.) but without the SA.