Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sufferinginpa

FOR ALL REGULARS ON THIS BOARD!

I just wanted to say thanks...I'm going through a divorce, custody issues, moving on my own as a single parent, anxiety issues, and low self esteem (thanks to acne) and I always feel so much better posting here. No one in my life understands what an issue this is for me and I am always encouraged by all of you. Eventhough we all don't know each other I really appreciate you thoughts and help. :wub:

My sympathies to you truelly. I'm sorry that you have to go through all this. Hang in there everything will get better. No one deserves to suffer from acne. I know exactly how you feel. Acne has sometimes also taken control of my life. Mine ain't severe but mostly mild or moderate but it did left me depress lots of times when I broke up. I became antisocial and would coop up at home most of the time when others were enjoying their school's vacation. I also became quite depress sometimes and will cry myself to sleep. I also refuse to go on dates with guys because of my horrible acne. :cry:. Hope that accutane will continue to give my life back!

It's ok to pour out your grief to us. we understand, after all we had been through this.

I'm in the same boat. "Mild" acne (according to my useless derm) has had a MAJOR effect on my life. I've spent many weekends locked in the house when I should be out enjoying life. It really changes who you are and it's really depressing some days. I'm trying to be positive through all of this and I can't tell you how much help I get from these boards!

I agree, it's been a huge relief to come into the boards and read about people my own age still suffering like I am. I feel so alone most of the time as far as acne is concerned and it kills my self esteem.

I feel the same way....none of my friends or co-workers have acne and I feel like I'm the only one. It's hard to go out and feeling like I have to cover my face with makeup (which I hate anyways) just to run to the store. I'm looking forward to the day that I can just go and not have to worry about my face anymore. It is nice to have a place to go that people understand where you are coming from and are going throught the same things.

I am so glad this board is helping you through this hard hard time in your life. May it continue to provide solace and friendships!

This place IS great.

I feel your pain! I just went through a divorce, lost my stepson (who I raised solely for 14 months while my ex husband was in Iraq, and who called me Mom), trying to sell my home, running out of money, trying to start over, now battling further self esteem issues because of horrible breakout that started 3 months ago. At least you are not alone!

I just wanted to say thanks...I'm going through a divorce, custody issues, moving on my own as a single parent, anxiety issues, and low self esteem (thanks to acne) and I always feel so much better posting here. No one in my life understands what an issue this is for me and I am always encouraged by all of you. Eventhough we all don't know each other I really appreciate you thoughts and help. :wub:

I'm in the same boat. "Mild" acne (according to my useless derm) has had a MAJOR effect on my life. I've spent many weekends locked in the house when I should be out enjoying life. It really changes who you are and it's really depressing some days. I'm trying to be positive through all of this and I can't tell you how much help I get from these boards!

i know what u mean about spending weekends locked in the house. i have all the free time in the world to be out enjoying life but thanks to acne i dont do that. when im broken out(which is most of the time) i stay home and sulk. its easier for me to stay home rather than to deal with the embarrassment that comes with going out. its hard as hell dating and trying to find someone to accept me without pounds of make up on especially when i cancel more dates than i actually go on due to break outs. i never had acne until 10 yrs ago and my life has been hell every since. sometimes i think about my life before i was cursed with this and i miss it so much. i used to be so outgoing and likeable. now im antisocial and dont get along well with co-workers. i pretty much alienate myself from everyone. acne just consumes my life, ive spent soooooo much time and money trying to get clear, the other day i went to have a food allergy test which showed that i have no allergies to food, i had a hormone test a couple weeks ago-that was normal. ive done all the topicals and accutane. ive taken vitamins, even saw a holistic doctor. now i am truly at my wits end because i dont know how to accept this and just be happy anyway. ill never be truly happy until i have clear skin and seems that its never gonna happen for me. well, i truly hope things get better for u and i too am so grateful for acne.org

i know what u mean about spending weekends locked in the house. i have all the free time in the world to be out enjoying life but thanks to acne i dont do that. when im broken out(which is most of the time) i stay home and sulk. its easier for me to stay home rather than to deal with the embarrassment that comes with going out. its hard as hell dating and trying to find someone to accept me without pounds of make up on especially when i cancel more dates than i actually go on due to break outs. i never had acne until 10 yrs ago and my life has been hell every since. sometimes i think about my life before i was cursed with this and i miss it so much. i used to be so outgoing and likeable. now im antisocial and dont get along well with co-workers. i pretty much alienate myself from everyone. acne just consumes my life, ive spent soooooo much time and money trying to get clear, the other day i went to have a food allergy test which showed that i have no allergies to food, i had a hormone test a couple weeks ago-that was normal. ive done all the topicals and accutane. ive taken vitamins, even saw a holistic doctor. now i am truly at my wits end because i dont know how to accept this and just be happy anyway. ill never be truly happy until i have clear skin and seems that its never gonna happen for me. well, i truly hope things get better for u and i too am so grateful for acne.org

Since this is the hormonal part of the board, have you tried that also? Just because your hormones tested out to be normal, that does not mean they are not influencing your skin.

Thank you all for your support. I really am having relief from the yasmin and supplements I'm taking. I'm crossing my fingers for things to continue to improve the next few months...

I hope the same for all of you too. We will get through this together!

hi boston,

i just started on yaz sunday. i took bcps for years and i dont remember it doing it a whole lot for my acne- i used it for contraception purposes. it left me with a lot of melasma which is still on my face to this day-so for that reason i had sworn off of it. however this is my first time using yaz(altho i have used yasmin in the past)but even if it does help my acne-i dont know how long i will be able to continue taking it. i have high blood pressure so my dr says if my pressure starts getting too high-i have to stop taking yaz. however, im gonna give it a go-dont know what else to do.

I was thinking that the Obagi Nu Derm system might be good for your skin. It is really good if you have melasma and other pigmentation problems.