Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam1981

Oil Slick Gone!!!

Hi All,

It's luchtime here in Sunny London, England and I have just noticed that my make up is still firmly in place!!

My face is not shiny at all it looks lovely and matte just like this morning. Usually by this time I would be blotting like mad and re-applying my foundation.

I know it's a bit lame getting all excited about that, but I just had to share with people who can empathize with me. :dance:

Isn't it strange?

Usually my face would be so oily after just a couple hours of washing and now it's just normal like other people's skin. I was so excited the first time I noticed!

It's so weird after years and years of oily shiny skin! Amazing drug.

Hi All,

It's luchtime here in Sunny London, England and I have just noticed that my make up is still firmly in place!!

My face is not shiny at all it looks lovely and matte just like this morning. Usually by this time I would be blotting like mad and re-applying my foundation.

I know it's a bit lame getting all excited about that, but I just had to share with people who can empathize with me. :dance:

Yeah, I love it, I just came from work and I didn't even need to shower. 20mg and 2 weeks has done this for me, I felt less oily every damn day, I absolutely love it, the only thing that slightly sucks are the chapped lips, but that's nothing as opposed to not worrying a single moment of the day if my face is annoyingly shiny already.

Guest ready2Bclear
Hi All,

It's great, isn't it? I used to constantly check mirrors to make sure I wasn't too shiny, and I always carried foundation, powder, and concealer in my purse. I don't have to do that any more. :D

its the best to not have to worry about an oily face, also my hair would be greasy by the end of the day, now i can go days without washing it. its great :)

The really amazing thing is this drug is far more effective than any combination of washing, creams, antibiotics, diet-altering, lifestyle-altering ever will be!!!!!

Hi All,

Hey thats great! are you done with tane...or what month are you on?

Hey can I ask what dose are you on. 20mg/day?. Are you currently clear from acne? I am also on day 20 0f accutane and I want to know how people are doing. Thanks :wub:

Hey can I ask what dose are you on. 20mg/day?. Are you currently clear from acne? I am also on day 20 0f accutane and I want to know how people are doing. Thanks :wub:

I'm on my 17th day too and just noticed yesterday that i went through the entire day without blotting the slick of oil on my face. Its such a lovely feeling,my make up would look slimey about half an hour after i applied it my face was so greasy. I'm on full dose at 55mg,so far i've had very dry lips and nose and really flakey ears!!! My scalp is itchy and flakey too but i massage bio-oil into it and that helps (and feels lovely) My skin is definitely getting drier all over and i'm itchy itchy itchy!!!! Spots are a bit better,def no worse, so fingers crossed for the next 100+ days!!!!

You know my oil didn't duisappear until my sixth month, when my dose was upped to 120mg, I was under the impression it would come right back, but three months post tane I am oil free......my skin is what most would consider normal.....sure if I sweat a little my face looks a tiny bit shiny......noting some powder can't completely prevent....

Oh....and I still only wash my hair once or twice a week....

Can someone tell me if oiliness comes back after stopping accutane?

I am in my 4th month 10mg/day. That dose shut down the oiliness 2 weeks after I started so I wonder if that would last after I finish the low dose course. I plan on taking it 1-2 years. Low doses are different ....

So true about the oilies going away!!!!! :P I got a tip from this site a couple years ago to swipe my face w/milk of magnesia to keep the oilies away throughout the day. It really worked, I continued doing it well into my 'tane course until about a month ago, when I noticed my face was a little drier than normal and the complexion was kinda off. That's when I stopped the MoM, and my skin returned to normal. Just yesterday I was under the hot sun for a while, my skin felt kinda greasy and I just knew the oilies were back. BUT when I went home and looked in the mirror, all I say was a healthy sun-kissed radiance. Accutane does rock, I gotta say! :D

The oiliness didn't disappear right away for me, though. I tried stopping the MoM around the start of the course but wound up oily, that's why I held out till now.

Hey Sarahsarah,

You are so right. My skin is dry now, but I do prefer it. At least my make up stay on all day until I wash it off.

I notice that the people on high doses (above 50mg/day) take longer to stop the oil. The low dose 10mg/day stops the oil in just a few weeks.