Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

Avoidant Personality Disorder

This describes me 100%. I can't believe I have a problem like this. I used to be all abuot people and socializing.. now.. ugh. Fuck you acne.

my acne isnt even that bad anymore and I kind of have this...people say i seem friendly and have a great personality but I feel like I want to avoid ppl lol..

I feel i get moody and cant express anger, or anxiety in front of people. I guess I need to learn to be more assertive too.

I think you only have this if it's debilitating and is interfering with you moving on in your life. Like you stay in the house and can't get yourself to leave. My username is a japanese word for this and I can really relate.

Well when I had acne, then I certainly did avoid as much social contact as possible. As soon as my acne went, so did the problems. Only temporary in my situation, but people could have it as a permanent problem

Guest T-Virus
I think you only have this if it's debilitating and is interfering with you moving on in your life. Like you stay in the house and can't get yourself to leave.

Guest T-Virus
I bet they have pills for this one too.

nope. i personally think that pretty much everyone saying they have this is just going through normal anxiety. It takes YEARS to get a diagnosis for a mental disorder, its taken me years and years to get mine and a personality disorder is VERY rare to formally diagnose and generally isn't treated with pills unless it's comorbid.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH PEOPLE!!! i know you're depressed but don't start thinking you have every freaking mental disorder in the book, trust me. I have one FOR LEGIT and i would rather just be going through a normal stressful period than fucked over for life. I'm not saying you guys aren't suffering but theres no need to add a label to your stress! sometimes a cigar is just a cigar you know? you're self-concious to a point where it really messes with your life...news flash...THATS ACTUALLY NORMAL when dealing with something like acne! if you talk to your doctor about stress managment you can learn some breathing exercises, behaviour modification.....its not the end of your world, but if you start labeling yourself it puts you in a spot you can't get out of. trust me. once you get an official label it never NEVER goes away.

It usually only takes a few sessions for a psychiatrist to diagnose you. At least with me because I've been very detailed about my life. So they give me medication that can let me function better. They won't prescribe you unless they fully know your problems won't change with time.

I agree with the whole anxiety issues. Labelling yourself can drive you crazy..and being self concious and believing in things too much can cause the actual symptoms. Even though you think your not stressed your subconcious is probably still on alert mode. it takes time for it to settle.

I understand it can take a while to get an actual diagnosis if you are indeed suffering a mental problem. I dont believe in pills as a cure but as a way of coping..

Changing ones thinking patterns and behaviour is the best approach.

1. STOP SELF-DIAGNOSING YOURSELVES. It is absolutely pointless.

2. Psychotrophic medications are prescribed for people with personality disorders when needed.

3. Mental illnesses are not necessarily caused by witnessing a traumatic event during childhood. That's a very simplistic way of viewing the world of mental illness.

my mind was messed up with like trying to avoid people.i just gave up trying to control it and changed my sex to get rid of most of the testosterone in my body.it worked...now everyone hates me.....dont help that i work with over 200 extreme right nazi's!and you think your life is messed up!

my mind was messed up with like trying to avoid people.i just gave up trying to control it and changed my sex to get rid of most of the testosterone in my body.it worked...now everyone hates me.....dont help that i work with over 200 extreme right nazi's!and you think your life is messed up!

Guest T-Virus

wow... was not anticipating a post like that.

Back to the topic, I think there is a MASSIVE difference between acne-related (or any other disease) anxiety, and an actual personality disorder. I know for a fact if I didn't wake up another day with acne my life would be very different.

I bet they have pills for this one too.

nope. i personally think that pretty much everyone saying they have this is just going through normal anxiety. It takes YEARS to get a diagnosis for a mental disorder, its taken me years and years to get mine and a personality disorder is VERY rare to formally diagnose and generally isn't treated with pills unless it's comorbid.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH PEOPLE!!! i know you're depressed but don't start thinking you have every freaking mental disorder in the book, trust me. I have one FOR LEGIT and i would rather just be going through a normal stressful period than fucked over for life. I'm not saying you guys aren't suffering but theres no need to add a label to your stress! sometimes a cigar is just a cigar you know? you're self-concious to a point where it really messes with your life...news flash...THATS ACTUALLY NORMAL when dealing with something like acne! if you talk to your doctor about stress managment you can learn some breathing exercises, behaviour modification.....its not the end of your world, but if you start labeling yourself it puts you in a spot you can't get out of. trust me. once you get an official label it never NEVER goes away.

I think that when people judge you and sk silly questions you get anxiety as a result....

yes, you can get anxiety. An actual mental disorder however is not simply learned behaviour from silly questions. A mental illness thats behavioural alone occurs when you're seriously traumatized since childhood or witness a murder etc.

Guest T-Virus

I don't think it matters whether or not you deserve something, you just get it :|