Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fut

Kiss on the cheek as a greeting and goodbye

This shit bothers me more then anything else.

When I have some flared up pimps I feel a sudden moment of awkwardness when I meet and kiss my female friends on the cheek when I see them and when I leave. I still do it, it's just totally awkward.

And to think in other countries you kiss the guys too!

Guest Kimmay

I love it when people do that. Hardly any do though. And if someone does it, people take it as a surprise since NO ONE does!

I think it's fun though. Maybe I'll start doing it :D

Do Italians tend to do this? Because I knew an Italian guy once and before he left he would give me two kisses, one on each cheek....

Guest Kimmay

oh and also, do you do that to people you JUST met? like you meet them and "hi my name is _________" *kiss*

who does that...?

Guest Kimmay

actually maybe i wont. People might think im weird. lawl

I love it when people do that. Hardly any do though. And if someone does it, people take it as a surprise since NO ONE does!

I think it's fun though. Maybe I'll start doing it :D

Do Italians tend to do this? Because I knew an Italian guy once and before he left he would give me two kisses, one on each cheek....

hah, I'm dutch, here it's pretty normal too, and we do 3 kisses.rightcheek leftcheek rightcheek.

I do kisses - a little peck on the cheek. My whole family does it with close friends and family and sometimes new people we meet.

I sometimes feel awkward too when my skin is bad because I'm thinking 'Oh my God, they're gonna touch my face and it's all greasy and I've got spots and they're gonna think it's gross...', and I worry they're probably thinking 'Oh my God, I don't want my face to accidently touch her face...'

Don't leave teh russians out. Nothing screams out "COMMUNIST!" more than a guy sucking on each of your cheeks for 2 minutes.

In my culture, persian, they usually do it. My dad is stubborn and is like let me kiss you on the cheek dear. I'm like no.....

Still sensitive about it cause I'm a clean neat freak.....

Even though I know that acne is not caused by dirt....

They do it in France too...

hah, I'm dutch, here it's pretty normal too, and we do 3 kisses.rightcheek leftcheek rightcheek.

yeh, im half french, over there they kiss EVERONE on the cheeks even if ya dont know the person. its so annoying!

when i was in middle shool over there i would kiss like 20 people a day on the cheeks

bacteria!!!! aaah! :doh:

but if you dont do it its rude

in the south they do 4 kisses right left right left

yeh, im half french, over there they kiss EVERONE on the cheeks even if ya dont know the person. its so annoying!

It's all about how you know this person, I mean, if it's a friend's mother, then I'd kiss her on the cheeks, same goes if she's a relative etc. I wouldn't obviously kiss a complete stranger, for business purposes we just shake hands.

But it's quite common here (France), I have to admit it's sometimes awkward as I often don't know what to do.

Oh, and guys don't kiss each other. Maybe they do this in big cities but not around here :snooty:

we do it here in sydney.. just a single brief touching of the right cheek and a kindof air kiss at the same time followed by a sort of hug.. but its hard to explain. and its girls to girls, and guys to girls, but not guys to guys. its also more of a friendly thing, strangers wouldnt do it.

i LOVE your avatar fut!

This is a funny topic... mostly because I live in NYC also

and this is the first place I've lived that people, almost

all people, greet each other that way. I've lived here for

about 5 years, and I'm just now getting used to it. But I agree

with Fut- I can't say that it's unpleasant, just a little awkward...

especially when you have some business going on with that

particular side of your face

this is a European thing mostly it seems. In Ireland, we just tend to give one kiss, well women to women and men to women not men to men although this does happen on the continent all the time.

In Spain everyone gets two kisses, and its cool!

So when you guys meet friends (girls to girls for example) you just say "hi" and that's it ? Just wondering :think:

Dumb question I know ^_^