Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttau75

Fraxel 2 and hyperpigmentation and asian skin (Bay Area, CA)

im going in for my first fraxel tx next tues.

first of 4 treatments so i will keep an updated log of how things go.

im indian and i brown skin, probably a IV-V on the fitzpatrick scale.

Hey Texan, thank you so much. Fraxel 1 or 2? Did your doctor tell you there are close to no risks involved?

Hey Texan, thank you so much. Fraxel 1 or 2? Did your doctor tell you there are close to no risks involved?

Im going in for Fraxel 1, ttau75.

I only have 2 scars which are not really noticeable. Im really just going in to improve complexion. My skin already looks pretty good. I have a small small small keloid scar though. It annoys me so I'm thinking of getting that treated separately.

Those 2 others scars are roling type. Both on each of my temples.

Since I'm dark skinned they are only visible if I look at them at an angle in certain light.

Reason I'm going in for Fraxel is because the doc said I would benefit from it since what I have is light scarring.

Doc said that after treatment I will look like I have had a sunburn for awhile but that it would fade over time.

I've been to India several times and when I come back, I've looked VERY dark but it always fades. Since it's summertime I don't have to worry about being inside for weeks on end. So, I think I should be fine w/ the temporary hyperpigmentation.^^

I'll keep you posted in this thread once my tx begins.^^ Nice to see other darkskinned ppl getting results and hearing their feedback btw!

Zonk, Sas, Texan,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You guys have given me more confidence about the procedure and general. How long did you guys have noticeable marks on your face after each treatment?

Had my first Fraxel tx today.

6MJ/250 - entire face

14MJ/125 - spot treatment

Blue dye came off very easy. Face is very swollen(sp). Micro-swelling has filled in all scars, and my keloid scar is basically invisible. Amazing result but it's probably the micro-swelling. Definetly nice tho~ Hopefully the bronzing will fade quick.

6MJ/250 - entire face

Blue dye came off very easy. Face is very swollen(sp). Micro-swelling has filled in all scars, and my keloid scar is basically invisible. Amazing result but it's probably the micro-swelling. Definetly nice tho~ Hopefully the bronzing will fade quick.

6MJ/250 - entire face

I was given a topical numbing cream.

I then waited 1 hour for said topical to settle in.

After waiting, my Doc cleaned the remaining topical residue off and then applied a less potent topical which wouldn't interfere with the tx.

The pain was bearable but not by much. I wish the topical was stronger.

I was treated at 6MJ/250(depth?) for my entire face. Then spot treated at 14MJ/125.

My keloid scar is very small but is red. Imagine a circle: the top half is filled in with a small keloid and the bottom is depressed skin. This makes it look bigger than it is. After the tx, it really leveled. In fact, it doesnt look like a keloid or any other type of scar at all anymore.

Still red though, so I am expecting this to fade in time as well as after subsequent txs.

The scars on my temples are completely gone also. The only thing now is to wait for my complexion to return to its normal color. I'm only 1 day post-tx so it will be awhile.

I was given a topical numbing cream.

I then waited 1 hour for said topical to settle in.

After waiting, my Doc cleaned the remaining topical residue off and then applied a less potent topical which wouldn't interfere with the tx.

The pain was bearable but not by much. I wish the topical was stronger.

I was treated at 6MJ/250(depth?) for my entire face. Then spot treated at 14MJ/125.

My keloid scar is very small but is red. Imagine a circle: the top half is filled in with a small keloid and the bottom is depressed skin. This makes it look bigger than it is. After the tx, it really leveled. In fact, it doesnt look like a keloid or any other type of scar at all anymore.

Still red though, so I am expecting this to fade in time as well as after subsequent txs.

The scars on my temples are completely gone also. The only thing now is to wait for my complexion to return to its normal color. I'm only 1 day post-tx so it will be awhile.

yeah. i wish the results were as instant heh. btw, question for anyone but specifically darkskinned ppl:

how long did it take for your complexion to stabilize (color/tone)?

I see! That shouldn't be that bad then. I never got sunburnt in my life, but I did use to have really darker skin from playing in the sun a lot.

So I guess its just like being out in the sun a lot for us dark people? From what you see right now, how long do you think until you're complexion is normal again?

I see. Do you think the peeling will take more than a week?

I went in for my first consultation at the Aspen Medspa with Dr. William Birdsong. He was really informed about everything that concerned fraxel 2 and my situation. I have a heart condition, and he pointed out how it works. It's nice to know that even though I'm going in for a fraxel treatment, I'll be looked after by a real doctor who knows his stuff about the human body. Good price too.

Hi

11 days post fraxel 1. 15mj and now i think that maybe i should have never undegone the procedure..the bronzing effect is soo bad that i cant leave the house even with make-up on, i think the downtime is way too much compared to the results..its just isnt worth it..

Hi

11 days post fraxel 1. 15mj and now i think that maybe i should have never undegone the procedure..the bronzing effect is soo bad that i cant leave the house even with make-up on, i think the downtime is way too much compared to the results..its just isnt worth it..

Hi

So it doesn't look natural at all? I thought it would look just like a sunburn.