Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

FAO mypoordaughterhasacne

Im glad things turned out wel and that she is looking better today! Hopefully she will continue to look better and better everyday. Good luck to your DD and yes I will :pray: for her

I hope everything works out for her! I have papules and closed comedomes, too, and treating them has been virtually futile so far.

10% glycolic plus everything else: Looks like a wonderful regimen and I bet she clears up in less than three months! It might be even less! I say three cause I don't want to raise false hopes if I say I realllly think it might be two months (eight weeks).

Congratulations. :)

10% glycolic plus everything else: Looks like a wonderful regimen and I bet she clears up in less than three months! It might be even less! I say three cause I don't want to raise false hopes if I say I realllly think it might be two months (eight weeks).

It would be nice if she could clear up that fast. I know she would be ecstatic. Now she kinda can't wait for her next extractions she liked how it got rid of some of the comedones.

It would be nice if she could clear up that fast. I know she would be ecstatic. Now she kinda can't wait for her next extractions she liked how it got rid of some of the comedones.

... I'm jealous that she gets to go there. :)

yeah, I was jealous too lol. I don't have skin problems but the facial looked so relaxing. I was sitting there thinking to myself that a facial is another thing to put on my things to do list when the kids move out. Along with my cruise and my major spending spree by myself lol

How often are you planning on bringing her back to the clinic? I would say even if she isn't totally clear by 8 wks, she will definitely see a lot of improvement in that period of time. Glad she is liking the results of the extractions. I still go in for glycolic peels and extractions once a month - don't know how I'd live without them now!! :D

How often are you planning on bringing her back to the clinic? I would say even if she isn't totally clear by 8 wks, she will definitely see a lot of improvement in that period of time. Glad she is liking the results of the extractions. I still go in for glycolic peels and extractions once a month - don't know how I'd live without them now!! :D

Wow congratulations :clap: on your daughter's improvement. Hope it gets better. I'm just curious as to know how the clinic does its extractions and how it tests what products to be used. Can anyone enlighten me on that?

Wow congratulations :clap: on your daughter's improvement. Hope it gets better. I'm just curious as to know how the clinic does its extractions and how it tests what products to be used. Can anyone enlighten me on that?

Well, for in-office clients they do an initial examination of your skin to determine what type of acne you have, if your skin is dehydrated or not, etc. They use various strengths of glycolic and mandelic acids (possibly other as well, I'm not totally sure) to test for skin sensitivity. They take into acccount everything that is assessed in the evaluation in order to recommend the appropriate products (e.g., someone with inflamed acne would have a slightly diferent regimen than someone with non-inflamed acne, someone with very sensitive skin would be recommend different products than someone who does not have sensitive skin). For long distance clients, they send you a test kit with instruction of how to use it (I don't know as much about this process, as I am a local client).

Extractions are done with an extraction tool as part of your facial treatments, which for most people are done every 2 wks in the beginning of treatment and then later reduced to once a month or so

If you want to look at my log (its really long!) under the retinoid log section, I have been posted my experiences with this clinic over the last year.