Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone who has tried an at-home microdermabrasion cream please give me a rating on how well it worked and wether or not it helped even out scarred skin texture like indented scars. This would be of extreme help as i am looking to purchase one and need to make sure it's a good one. I want to avoid resorting to expensive and risky scar treatments and I am willing to do anything. Thankyou.

this is my two cents (if you care): I wouldn't waste my money on microdermabrasion for treating acne scars. i'm not sure how deep your scars are, but from what I researched and heard, microdermabrasion is not that great at evening out indented scars. depending on what types of scars you have, there are different treatments (although most are expensive) that will try to even out your skin but I don't think there is anything out there yet that fixes scars 100%.

but I think i am right about the microdermabrasion. its supposed to be a great exfoliator tho. i would definately use it for that.

itsmekeff can you please elaborate more in the "different treatments" you mentioned above. Is there any creams out there like retinods or something besides super expensive laser/cosmetic surgery. Thanks

depending on what type scars you have and how deep they are will depend on what will even out your skin. the only treatments I know of that actually help scars are things like c02 laser, dermabrasion (not recommended), fraxel (for some), subscision, excision, fillers (these may not cost that much but they are temporary. actually some are permanent, but I'm not sure what they are), tca, and things like that. I really don't know much about creams that help scars. I know if you have scars that are above your natural skin line then a cream like mederma might help, but it won't help for an indented scar. I hope more people post to this cause this is the extent of my knowledge. and even then, I don't know if everthing on here is completely accurate (although I think most everything is correct) and I know for sure there are more options out there that I don't know about. I just learned of something called sciton the other day that isn't as costly as fraxel but its a similar procedure, and it seems to have good results, but I haven't heard of anyone on here getting it done, so again all the results I have seen are from the sciton website. I have found out about a lot of treatments through people on here. especially when I posted pics of my scars, lots of people wrote to give me advice on what I could try. then I just searched that treatment in the forum section and read what people had to say about their own treatments. one person on here name cameron has had a lot of procedures done and he has told me whats good, whats not so good, and how they turned out. I bother him a lot with questions, but he also has a website where he has before and after pictures and comments you can look at to see what was done, how it turned out, and the prices of everything. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. also, I am going to see if I can find that website and I'll try to pm you it later tonight.