Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Honestly I cant live like this...what if i eat what i like but still get my fruits and veggies and my water....and eat whatever i like..im eatting like a 1000 cals and this is just bad..i normally have about 3000-4000 a day and this morning when i woke up i bout fell bc of how little i ate..please someone help me here i need to eat but dont wanna break out...!!

Wow. Well if you can't stand up straight because you're not eating enough then screw the "diet". Food has only a marginal effect on acne anyway. No need to put yourself in jeopardy like that, plus I'm sure long time food deprivation like that might not necessarily kill you but get you more problems a bit more intense than acne.

Look, don't kill yourself for acne please. But eat more than fruits and veggies! You can eat eggs yeah? Chicken, etc. If a food breaks you out, you will know it in a way where once you introduce the food, it will start getting worse.

Do this, as long as you get your nutritional value in a day, eat freely! Do this for a week, then take one thing out and see how that does. First, gluten (wheat primarily). And see what happens for about a week or two. If nothing, add it back in and take dairy out. Try that

Just don't starve yourself! :) It's not worth the fatigue, it's unhealthy. But you can lead a dairy and gluten free life... if you feel it is hurting you.

I am not sure exactly what, but everyone here can give you ideas too. Best of luck!

Wow. Well if you can't stand up straight because you're not eating enough then screw the "diet". Food has only a marginal effect on acne anyway. No need to put yourself in jeopardy like that, plus I'm sure long time food deprivation like that might not necessarily kill you but get you more problems a bit more intense than acne.

i love living on fruits and veggies. not sure why you'd feel weak. if you eat junk food then i would think that's why. i think junk food just corrupts your body and mind.

i love living on fruits and veggies. not sure why you'd feel weak. if you eat junk food then i would think that's why. i think junk food just corrupts your body and mind.

Honestly I cant live like this...what if i eat what i like but still get my fruits and veggies and my water....and eat whatever i like..im eatting like a 1000 cals and this is just bad..i normally have about 3000-4000 a day and this morning when i woke up i bout fell bc of how little i ate..please someone help me here i need to eat but dont wanna break out...!!

just learn recipes to make HEALTHY meals.

there are people in europe, africa, etc. who eat healthy and don't even think TWICE about it.

Look, don't kill yourself for acne please. But eat more than fruits and veggies! You can eat eggs yeah? Chicken, etc. If a food breaks you out, you will know it in a way where once you introduce the food, it will start getting worse.

Nope, eggs have a large amount omega-6 in them. So does chicken. They make you break out.

Cellulose and Water diet!

Nope, eggs have a large amount omega-6 in them. So does chicken. They make you break out.

Cellulose and Water diet!

Just so all of you know, Omega 6 is necessary. Don't worry about Omega 6 in chicken and eggs. Just try to take in more Omega 3. If you are eating cereal with every meal and every food you eat is cooked in corn or soy oil, then you need to cut those out, but you do need Omega 6 and should get it from things like chicken and eggs or beef, or some other meat. I think that a lot of people on these boards are trying to avoid EVERYTHING, instead of just eating things in the right quantities.

The right diet is about a lot more than just avoiding certain things, it has a lot to do with balancing nutrients and eating foods in the correct amounts. Omega 6 is ESSENTIAL fatty acid. That means that your body needs it, but can not produce it. So therefore you have to eat it to get some.

Alot of the things that you are trying to avoid to avoid Omega 6 also have many other nutrients that are very anti-inflammatory and improve acne. For example, many people on these boards say to avoid red meat, but red meat has lots of zinc and Vitamin A and E, and in high quantities if the beef was grass-fed, but still in decent quantities even if it was grain-fed.

i'm in the same boat

i only eat one grain meal a day (cooked oats with fruit and flax) and the rest of the day is chicken/fish + veggies, and since any seasoning pretty much aggrevates acne (oils, sauces, salt, spices cause more sweating) it quickly becomes a chore to eat lunch and dinner

not going near nuts, seeds and eggs so i need more caloric intake (lost 20 lbs in past 6 months) and i can't just increase starchy veggies intake (legumes, peas, corn, etc.) because that will take me back to square one