Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coli25

shaving ..again

I shave with the exact razor recommended, I use the method Dan suggests. Everytime I shave, EVERYTIME I break out on my beard mustache area. If I don't shave I stay clear, but do to my job I have to shave roughly every week. I'v tried staying completely cleanly shaved. Please help

I shave with the exact razor recommended, I use the method Dan suggests. Everytime I shave, EVERYTIME I break out on my beard mustache area. If I don't shave I stay clear, but do to my job I have to shave roughly every week. I'v tried staying completely cleanly shaved. Please help

ya, i used to get lots of irritation from shaving w/a razor on my cheeks which i believe would lead to breakouts. i just got the braun synchro, the one that cleans itself, its really quite expensive and you have to continue to buy the cleaning cartridges every month or two but i think its worth it. no electric razor will do a good job on your neck though, or at least thats the conclusion i have come to. i use the electric on my face and chin and a mach 3(not turbo, they dont last as long and irritate the face) on my neck. i think the fact that i shave with a completely clean electric on my face has helped my acne, your actually supposed to clean your razor w/alcohol all the time so if you dont do that maybe you could give that a try. also just mess around w/no shaving against the grain, because that can really irritate the skin even though i do i anyway, also i dont care what dan says using a shaving cream for sensitive skin is muchbetter than using a bar soap, it makes a world of difference. i have a lot to say but i dont really feel like writing it all now, if anyone has any questions ask

I like the Mach 3 Turbo the best. I just have odd skin I guess.. the Sensor Excel pulls my hair. I like the turbo a bit more than the regular Mach 3, but either is good. I use the Neutrogena Cleaning Bar to shave with.. works great. Remember since the cleanser will be on for over a minute or two while shaving, use one that is for SUPER SENSITIVE skin. The Neutrogena bar is great... Purpose and Cetaphil are a little too drying for this... especially the Cetaphil.