Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordButler

Protein Shakes

Well the last time when I started to drink whey protein I started to breakout(like crazy), so I had to stop with protein shakes and dairy products.

Just try the protein shakes for about a week or a couple of days then see how it reacts to your skin. If it doesn't give you a breakout or anything you should keep on taking the protein shakes.

as far as i can tell, the optimum nutrition whey isn't causing me any issues. as for flavors, i prefer the banana creme and chocolate :cool2:

as far as i can tell, the optimum nutrition whey isn't causing me any issues. as for flavors, i prefer the banana creme and chocolate :cool2:

ON (optimum)'s standard whey is a mix of concentrate, isolate, and hydrolized

whey concentrate can give people some trouble - mostly bloating, gas, that kind of stuff.

isolate seems to be easier on the system for those who don't do so well with milk or lactose - might want to give that a shot. It absorbs a little faster and cleaner, but unfortunately it's also more expensive.

This should be a sticky but:

www.trueprotein.com

www.trueproteincanada.com

Don't get any flavoured protein, just add this into any kind of milk or add soem fruit or whatever. High quality isolate has little to no flavour. I can drink it with water and it doesn't make me gag.

This should be a sticky but:

www.trueprotein.com

www.trueproteincanada.com

Don't get any flavoured protein, just add this into any kind of milk or add soem fruit or whatever. High quality isolate has little to no flavour. I can drink it with water and it doesn't make me gag.

I tried one called "chocolate brownie", and it tasted like I was drinking cake batter, it was awful! lol I used to drink protein shakes by Spirutein, but I don't know if it made it worse. I know it didn't help though.