Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First of all I'd like to give a little bit of background info. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Mercer (obviously biggrin.gif ) and I've been a member here since Oct 2002. I moderate this forum, the OTC, Perscription and Lounge forums.

I started to get acne when I was about 12. I've tried every med under the sun. All the anti biotics, all the topicals, and accutane twice. Nothing worked but the accutane and that only worked for a year both times. I was still suffering moderate/severe acne until I found this site and decided to give the regimen a try. I saw results after only a couple of days using the Neutrogena on the spot treatment and was completely clear after about three months of following the regimen pretty strictly. That was a little over a year ago and my face is still clear.

As most of you know, Dan is producing his own BP gel that will be in a larger tube and cost less. The reason I made this thread is because he sent me a tube by mail about 4-5 days ago to test out and let you all know what I think. I was going to wait longer than 4-5 days, but I thought I would do it now cause I can already see a major difference. My face was already pretty much clear, but is even more so now and the over all quality of my skin has improved since I started Dans gel instead of the Neutrogena. It's a gel, so it's much easier to apply and doesn't leave a slightly pasty look when you're finished. I don't dread applying it like I always did with the on the spot formula. On top of all that - my face doesn't get greasy during the day like it did w/ the neutrogena. Last but not least, the tube is HUGE!!! I was shocked when I recieved it. I can't even remember when Dan's gel is going to be available, but I shudder at the thought of having to go back to neutrogena until it's ready biggrin.gif luckily it's such a big tube - maybe it'll last.

So, I just thought I would let you guys know how awesome it is... can't wait until it's ready. Thanks for reading! see you all around.

- Mercer

Give me some.

That neutrogena makes me face oily too!

And I get all clumps after I use it so I have to rub them all off and irritate.

Even though I am clear and thankful to the neutrogena it is still quite wak to use on your face sad.gif

I believe Dan said March and I assume the delay is caused by the FDA approval, can we get the gel here in the UK without FDA approval? Surely that regulatory hurdle doesn't apply to here.

Yes, I will be sending internationally. However, I would never sell anything until I am sure it is stable, so everyone will have to wait for the testing to end.

-Dan

Excellent, excellent smile.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

I will be ordering 5 tubes minimum straight away!

You best be ready for huge orders from everyone at the start Dan!

Something I worry about is if you sell it on the site, people may be put off by your regimen? I might not have checked it out if I felt that it was a money making scheme...

I'm actually really concerned about people thinking the regimen is just a way to sell the bp gel. These are some ideas I had to help put people at ease. Any other ideas?

1. I'm going to explain to people how the process happened, and how I lobbied companies to make a larger size to no avail.

2. I'll point out that acne.org has been around for 7 years and has never sold anything until now.

3. If I sell enough to cover costs, I want to do some good with the money. I need ideas in this respect. Maybe like a bp scholarship for people in need or something.

4. I'll tell people to go ahead and buy on-the-spot and do the regimen. Once they are clear and know it's the real deal, they can buy some bp gel if they want.

Other ideas?

-Dan

Guest fatman_uk

Why don't u let them have their first tube free... like, only 1 per household, keep a record of addresses on Excel or sumthin to stop ppl from freeloading every tube they want off you.

I think the BP Scholorship thing would be too easy to take advantage of, maybe you could try just putting more into your advertising an ways to spread the news of it, an also keep the price low as possible. If it's as low as it's looking to be then there'd be no need for a BP Scholorship cause the tube is frickin HUGE anyhow. biggrin.gif

-Gaz

Dan, I also think that as long as some of us have been here... obviously none of us would view it as a money making scheme. Of course you're expecting lots of newbies... I think anyone who comes on the boards would see that this board started as a place to share ideas and help. Also, if you do explain the whole process on top of that.... I think that's the best way. And Gaz is right, the tube is ginormous. People would be insane if they didn't want in. biggrin.gif

Guest Crooked I
I believe Dan said March and I assume the delay is caused by the FDA approval, can we get the gel here in the UK without FDA approval? Surely that regulatory hurdle doesn't apply to here.

Dan, just keep it simple. Don't turn your site into an ultra-professional, corporate-type thing. Keep the language straightforward, realistic and honest, like it is. Don't become a faceless businessman; stay active replying to emails and posting in the forum. I think that's all you really need to do.

Dan: I don't see anything wrong with you making money for your time. If we're getting a good deal on the price AND my face stays clear, I have no problem you we making a profit. You should be compensated for your time.

As for people thinking the regimen is just to sell BP... the fact is that it works. Definitely not a gimmick, as many of us here can attest to.

As a person with a business kind of mind, I was thinking if this becomes big, you can start your own Acne.org line. I'm talking in terms of producing your own cleanser and mositureiser (sp). You've help thousands Dan, and you really do deserve some compensation for your eforts.

Thanks guys. Those are good suggestions.

The 4 oz. tube will cost less than $10. I'm working with everyone in the manufacturing end to get it even cheaper than that. We'll see.

-Dan

Hi, you guys probably don't know who I am, so I'll give you a bit of background. I'm a mod in the Lounge, so Dan has sent me a tube of his BP gel to test out. I have been having problems with my skin for years (I'm now 30) and the only thing (other than BCPs) that has kept me clear is Dan's regimen, which I have been on for about 10 months. I have only been using the gel for 4 or 5 days, but I felt that I was ready to give a review.

The gel has been very effective for me. I was used to the Neutrogena, so it took me a couple of days to get used to the texture (it's thinner and more watery) but once I did, I find it just as easy to apply if not easier - I never had as many problems applying the On-The-Spot as other people though. The thing I love about it is that you can't feel it on your face once you apply it - I can even put makeup on without using a moisturiser, which I could never do with the On-The-Spot. My skin looks the same or maybe even better - anyway I got a couple of comments on how good my skin looks already.

So, in sum, two thumbs up, Dan!

Just out of curiostity, how big is the actual tube? Like only a little bigger than the On The Spot? Or like toothpaste container size? I'm just wondering....

See, what sucks is that my mom wants my acne to clear up but doesn't really want to spend money doing it. So I have to spend all my own money on my acne treatments, unless it's like a perscription, in which case our insurance pays for it. But the On The Spot Treatment and face wash and everything I have to pay for. My mom thinks I'm just gunna grow out of it.....poop. It sucks. I'm only 15 and don't have a job! But I'm willing to pay ANYTHING for good acne treatments so bring on the HUGE BP! I'm ready!!!!!

Thanks for everything Dan and everyone who has tested it out! You guys are awesome for doing this!

This is very exciting!! I would not worry about people thinking this is a get-rich regimen, Dan. Look at all of the people here who have followed your advice and it worked!!! We can be counted on as "witnesses" for you, for sure. Melanie

it's 4 ounces, which is 5.3 times as big as the on-the-spot.

I'm actually really concerned about people thinking the regimen is just a way to sell the bp gel.  These are some ideas I had to help put people at ease.  Any other ideas?

1.  I'm going to explain to people how the process happened, and how I lobbied companies to make a larger size to no avail.

2.  I'll point out that acne.org has been around for 7 years and has never sold anything until now.

3.  If I sell enough to cover costs, I want to do some good with the money.  I need ideas in this respect.  Maybe like a bp scholarship for people in need or something.

4.  I'll tell people to go ahead and buy on-the-spot and do the regimen.  Once they are clear and know it's the real deal, they can buy some bp gel if they want.

Other ideas?

Yes, it is like that, but is not quite as runny, and does not have that intense fragrance added.

i can't wait till your gel comes out =)

it gets pretty annoying with resupplying Neutrogena On-The-Spot treatments every time i run out, which is often. and it pisses me off how its about $6 for a tiny little tube! ahh yeah so $10 is soo worth a gigantic tube for me.