Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herbalgirl

tea tree oil cleanser?

Hi guys,

I'm about to start Dan's regimen. I'm wondering if Tea Tree Oil cleansers (I use the DHC Deep Cleansing oil from Japan) will be too "strong" prior to application of BP. I've never used BP before. And by the way, I will try to use jojoba oil to fix any dryness...

Thanks,

Karen

This is the first time I've seen somebody mention DHC on this site (I could have just missed it) - all my friends use their products and love them.

My experience with tea tree products (from DHC, Body Shop, or Dessert Essence) is that they're a little too drying. I have oily, sensitive skin - if yours is very strong, you might be okay, but to play it safe, I'd go with a cleanser you know to be super gentle. Cetaphil is the best I've found so far, though Dan's is supposed to be nice.

Also, you have another thread about shifting acne ... I'm going to post there now!

Yea, I agree with the dryness issue^.

We typically recommend non-medicated gentle cleansers to use in conjunction with the Regimen. This way the cleanser doesn't become a factor in overdrying the skin.

We typically recommend non-medicated gentle cleansers to use in conjunction with the Regimen. This way the cleanser doesn't become a factor in overdrying the skin.

I've tried tea tree oil before (the one from The Body Shop) it made my skin very dry and after applying BP it seemed to cause more breakouts.

I've read that people say the Desert Essence face wash is great when 1 or 2 drops of jojoba oil are added. Good Luck!

Oh, so tea tree oil is considered "medicated"? hm...

This is the first time I've seen somebody mention DHC on this site (I could have just missed it) - all my friends use their products and love them.

My experience with tea tree products (from DHC, Body Shop, or Dessert Essence) is that they're a little too drying. I have oily, sensitive skin - if yours is very strong, you might be okay, but to play it safe, I'd go with a cleanser you know to be super gentle. Cetaphil is the best I've found so far, though Dan's is supposed to be nice.

Also, you have another thread about shifting acne ... I'm going to post there now!

I wouldn't go that far with the "best" of the market lol..it is a great cleanser though.