Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 18 a freshman in college, I have had acne since I was 14 it started off really mild and then when I hit 16 got moderate. I decided to go to the derm and was prescribed Retin-A and Duac (Benzaclin) neither really worked, and made my skin worse because my acne started scarring. Pitted and rolling scars formed. I had a good group of friends in high school and my acne bothered me but they were like a security blanket. I went back to the derm and she told me that she really in her career 15 years has never seen acne like mine scar. I was like thank you god for this. Now that I am in college I dont have that security blanket of cool friends and its really getting me down. I basically go to class get my good grades and drive home on the weekends. I am on the regimen but for only 2 months so we will see if it works.

i was perscribed Retin-A over a year ago and all it did was break me out worse + give me scars. 6months ago i was given Duac, Sulfacte-X, and doxycycline; they cleared me up much better (i still get zits occassionaly); i'd look into chemical peels and needling for the rolling scars, and punch excision or TCA Cross treatment for the deeper scars.

You sound just like me niu....I'm a junior in college right now and my college experience to date has been a major disappointment. Are you still breaking out from acne?? If you are, I think your first priority is to try to bring it under control again. I was on Accutane and it did what it could...now I am on Septra and it is working very nicely. Being a poor college student, I saved up my earnings from working at the library on campus during a whole school year for laser resurfacing last summer. My face has improved somewhat, but it is in many ways still the same. I myself tried Dan's regimen for a while and it didn't work too well cuz I still broke out...went back to the derm and got some prescriptions. If you have not tried Accutane, I suggest you look into it. Yes, it does make you go through 5 or 6 months of nose bleeds, chapped lips, flaky skin....but it's well worth it for ppl like us who have more serious acne problems. Best of luck.

I am still breaking out but not nearly as much. It really odd it seems that the small ones cause scars and the big red ones not pustules just kinda go away quickly. I think I am gonna look into peels and stuff but not yet. I was setting a goal of the beginning of summer before I really look into treatments. My mom is a oral surgeon and knows some really good places that I can go if I am really interested for lasers and such. My dad on the other hand basically tells me oh its getting better and I know its not, he just says that. I start school on Monday hopefully this semster will be a bit better