Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dwood

I've tried practially everything...

I've pretty much tried everything to get rid of my random spots. I'd say this time last year was when I suffered the most with my skin problems. These days I just have random pimples form every week. I shower every morning, clean my face with Neutrogena's Mens Face Wash. I clean my face at night before bed too. Somedays I add moisturizer, it just depends. If I do, I use Neutrogena's Mens with SPF 20 if I'll be out in the sun, if not then I use Nivea for Men Oil Control Lotion.

I even purchased a Zeno device and it only works okay. Nothing special. I'll post pictures here later on tonight when I get a chance, so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I've never had a bad case of acne, just random pimples, and I'm sick of tired of them. I'll be 23 in August, and it's about time that my skin problems go away.

Is there anything else you all can suggest that I do? I workout and exercise 6 days a week, and after I finish my workout, I just soak my face in water, instead of cleansing. They say 3 times a day is too much so that's why I avoid it, even though I'm a sweaty mess. I also eat very healthy and try my best to avoid junk food at all costs, while also drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.

Okay, thanks.

I've pretty much tried everything to get rid of my random spots. I'd say this time last year was when I suffered the most with my skin problems. These days I just have random pimples form every week. I shower every morning, clean my face with Neutrogena's Mens Face Wash. I clean my face at night before bed too. Somedays I add moisturizer, it just depends. If I do, I use Neutrogena's Mens with SPF 20 if I'll be out in the sun, if not then I use Nivea for Men Oil Control Lotion.

I even purchased a Zeno device and it only works okay. Nothing special. I'll post pictures here later on tonight when I get a chance, so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I've never had a bad case of acne, just random pimples, and I'm sick of tired of them. I'll be 23 in August, and it's about time that my skin problems go away.

Is there anything else you all can suggest that I do? I workout and exercise 6 days a week, and after I finish my workout, I just soak my face in water, instead of cleansing. They say 3 times a day is too much so that's why I avoid it, even though I'm a sweaty mess. I also eat very healthy and try my best to avoid junk food at all costs, while also drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.

Okay, thanks.

Hey.

It sounds like you're doing some good things to help your skin. I would advise you to see a Dr. if you have health insurance.

If not, there are a few things you can do to try and clear this up. For working out, the thing I find most beneficial is planning my workout to end right before my nightly face washing. That way I'm not "dirty" for a length of time and I've heard you burn more calories in your sleep. Perhaps this would be better than splashing your face with water and washing later.

I also have Zeno. I never purchased a new tip after the one it came with ran out. Mostly because I am practically clear now, also because it didn't work all that great. It made the pimples slowly deflate without coming to a head, but there was still a pimple none the less.

Whatever you do hun, don't listen to the fanatics on this site. Don't pour vinegar on your face or use lemon juice or try the soaking in hot water without washing. It's all hog wash. The answers are not some crazy gimmick.

Other than that, if your acne is not bad and it sounds normal enough, don't let it bother you. You are still young and full of hormones, enjoy your life and treat the little buggers as they pop up. If you're better now than last year, you are on your way.

Take Care.