Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetshotpfhs

Is going to the pool okay?

Its getting really hot over here, and I really want to get in a pool. I've been on tane for about 3 months and I'm currently on 20 mg/day. Would it be okay for me to swim if I use a good sunscreen. Right now for my face I'm using the Neutrogena healthy defense spf 45.

It depends on how dry your skin is, because chlorine can be drying. I'm on 40 mg per day, but my skin isn't very dry (yet). I've been to the pool a few times. On 20 mg per day, you should be fine. Just use a sunscreen with a high spf, and you might want to moisturize immediately after swimming.

I just started my 4th month of 80mg. Ive been to the pool prob 10 times in the last couple months and its been no problem for me. About to head there for a couple hours.

as long as you apply sunscreen every 2 hours.. you should be fine.. just keep in mind that accutane makes you sensitive to the sun even more..

I'm into my third month at 80mg a day. My skin is not very dry at all as I am dilligent about applying moisturizer. Yesterday, I took my daughter in the pool for the first time this year and when I got out, it was like the chlorine just sucked the life out of my skin. It almost looked like I had white powder all over my body - that's how much it dried me out. Go swimming once, if you're ok, then you're ok. If you're not, then you're not. Everyone's different. Good luck!

It depends on how dry your skin is, because chlorine can be drying. I'm on 40 mg per day, but my skin isn't very dry (yet). I've been to the pool a few times. On 20 mg per day, you should be fine. Just use a sunscreen with a high spf, and you might want to moisturize immediately after swimming.

Perfect reply. I completely agree. In addition, be sure you are reapplying sunscreen each time you leave the pool. :)