Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gidi06

Redness and Burning

Ok, I am having a problem as to why the part of my face where I put the Bp twice a day is red and pretty flaky. I noticed this when I used Dan's BP gel- the one with Benzyol Alcohol. I just flaked a lot more and then it got worse by making it red and each time I put the gel there it would sting. For some strange reason it's worse when I just woke up from sleeping. It's red, kind of hurt and flaky. It stings when I wash my face and it's only affecting the area where I put the Bp twice a day. I switched to dan's new BP with the new ingredients and it still gave me the same results. Over the weekend I switched to Neutrogena on the spot. The burning went away, but it's still red and pretty flaky and dry. I'm really confused and I love Dan's BP gel too so it saddens me if I have to stop using it! I thought about a sun burn, but a sun burn can't last over 2 weeks! I haven't changed anything about my regimen for 2 years. I Cleanse, put Bp gel, and then moisturize with Lac-Hydrin in the morning and then at night I would cleanse and use BP. I thought about lac-Hydrin doing this, but I used it since last Nov with no problem so that can't be it. Has this happened to anyone before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds like your skin is very sensitive so any bp is irritating it. The LHF may be a factor though. Using it along with bp may just be too much for your skin to handle. Before you eliminate the bp, try using just a normal non-aha moisturizer and see if that helps.

You might also use less bp for a few days and see if the redness calms down. Which cleanser are you using, btw?

And are you washing gently with bare hands?

It sounds like your skin is very sensitive so any bp is irritating it. The LHF may be a factor though. Using it along with bp may just be too much for your skin to handle. Before you eliminate the bp, try using just a normal non-aha moisturizer and see if that helps.

You might also use less bp for a few days and see if the redness calms down. Which cleanser are you using, btw?

And are you washing gently with bare hands?

Ok, so you've been on this same Regimen for 2 years and it is just now creating redness? hmmmm. That is weird.

Can you think of anything at all other than the products that may be a factor here? Which products did you use for the first year you were on the Regimen? Purpose bar, Dan's bp, and which moisturizer?

If you are a guy, have you made any changes in your shaving routine?

I wish Dan's moisturizer was ready so you could give it a try............what about something simple like Neutrogena oil-free, or the Cetaphil daily moisturizer with spf. I assume the Cetaphil you felt was greasy was the one in the big bottle? If you still have that Complex 15 bottle around you could try using it with a few drops of jojoba oil.

Ok, so you've been on this same Regimen for 2 years and it is just now creating redness? hmmmm. That is weird.

Can you think of anything at all other than the products that may be a factor here? Which products did you use for the first year you were on the Regimen? Purpose bar, Dan's bp, and which moisturizer?

If you are a guy, have you made any changes in your shaving routine?

I wish Dan's moisturizer was ready so you could give it a try............what about something simple like Neutrogena oil-free, or the Cetaphil daily moisturizer with spf. I assume the Cetaphil you felt was greasy was the one in the big bottle? If you still have that Complex 15 bottle around you could try using it with a few drops of jojoba oil.

Yea, I agree that it does sound like the LHF. AHA products can make you more sunsensitive, so perhaps as the seasons changed it left your skin too sensitive. So, I agree with dropping it and trying something else. The Eucerin Renewal is a good choice if you have it, but it also has lactic acid in it (although a much smaller amount). Otherwise I'd recommend the Cetaphil with spf.

I hope this helps, do keep us posted.

Yea, I agree that it does sound like the LHF. AHA products can make you more sunsensitive, so perhaps as the seasons changed it left your skin too sensitive. So, I agree with dropping it and trying something else. The Eucerin Renewal is a good choice if you have it, but it also has lactic acid in it (although a much smaller amount). Otherwise I'd recommend the Cetaphil with spf.

I hope this helps, do keep us posted.

I just started searching and came up with this post. I have the exact same problem. I've used Dan's gel for about 2 years with no problem. I do the same thing day after day: Wash face, apply Bp(I don't use moisturizer) day and night. And all was well for 2 years until about 2 weeks ago. My face suddenly became extremely dry, red, itchy and stings. I tried to moisturize but it stings and itches the hell outta my skin. When I stop applying Bp, it subsides but I then break out like crazy(lose lose situation). So I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if anybody has any suggestions. Thanks!

I just started searching and came up with this post. I have the exact same problem. I've used Dan's gel for about 2 years with no problem. I do the same thing day after day: Wash face, apply Bp(I don't use moisturizer) day and night. And all was well for 2 years until about 2 weeks ago. My face suddenly became extremely dry, red, itchy and stings. I tried to moisturize but it stings and itches the hell outta my skin. When I stop applying Bp, it subsides but I then break out like crazy(lose lose situation). So I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if anybody has any suggestions. Thanks!

Hey you guys, I really believe there is an ingredient in the BP that is causing our skin to react this way. The ingredients have been changed a few times and maybe an ingredient in there is giving us an allergic reaction. I am now using Neutrogena On the Spot and my skin is just fine! U guys should try it. It's tricky to use since it may leave residue on your skin, but I don't have any other choice. If we were allergic to BP then we can't use any BP period, but since my skin is ok with NOTS I am certain there is an ingredient in there that I am allergic to.

OMG, I had the EXACT same thing happen to me and a few of my friends too! I started using the CSR gel a few years ago, and my skin felt fine for the first 2 years, and suddenly out of the blue my face felt like it was on fire! Burning, Itchy, Dry, Red. It cant be the moisturizer because ive been using it for a long time already. It was so bad that I had to go to the Emergency Room. The doctor told me the BP had been burning off my skin gradually. And that even moisturizing wouldnt stop it from doing that. So he recommend me to stop for a few months, which I did and my skin went bak to normal(but with alot of breakouts). This has also happened to a few of my friends, but with less severe symptons. I always thought it was weird that it happened to all of us right at the 2 year mark of using it. I guess thats how long it takes for your skin to deteriate. But yea, I decided to start again on the DKR a few months ago, but luckily I found Benzoil which is ALOT better. And I'll be ordering Benzoil from now on.

OMG, I had the EXACT same thing happen to me and a few of my friends too! I started using the CSR gel a few years ago, and my skin felt fine for the first 2 years, and suddenly out of the blue my face felt like it was on fire! Burning, Itchy, Dry, Red. It cant be the moisturizer because ive been using it for a long time already. It was so bad that I had to go to the Emergency Room. The doctor told me the BP had been burning off my skin gradually. And that even moisturizing wouldnt stop it from doing that. So he recommend me to stop for a few months, which I did and my skin went bak to normal(but with alot of breakouts). This has also happened to a few of my friends, but with less severe symptons. I always thought it was weird that it happened to all of us right at the 2 year mark of using it. I guess thats how long it takes for your skin to deteriate. But yea, I decided to start again on the DKR a few months ago, but luckily I found Benzoil which is ALOT better. And I'll be ordering Benzoil from now on.

The doctor told me the BP had been burning off my skin gradually. And that even moisturizing wouldnt stop it from doing that ... I guess thats how long it takes for your skin to deteriate.

Benzoil is BP right? Did the doc say u're skin became allergic to BP or your skin just needed time off from it? I stopped using Dan's gel and now I'm using Neutrogena on the Spot and my skin is back to normal. Although maybe it is the Lac Hydrin I was using, but I'm really scared of trying the gel again..lol.

Benzoil is BP right? Did the doc say u're skin became allergic to BP or your skin just needed time off from it? I stopped using Dan's gel and now I'm using Neutrogena on the Spot and my skin is back to normal. Although maybe it is the Lac Hydrin I was using, but I'm really scared of trying the gel again..lol.

I used BP awhile back to, and I had the same reaction as sluttygirl69 except not quite as bad. My face was cracked, bleeding, dry, irritated, you name it. Moisturizer didnt help either, which i used cetaphil at the time, it only made it burn worse though. I would go to work and smile and my chin felt like pottery breaking, it was flakey like you wouldnt believe. But i bought dans and it didnt seem to bother me as much, sometimes i think it may just be the name brand.

Thats so weird. I'm still gonna try Dan's regimen, though. But with over-the-counter products at walgreens, and I'll buy a good sunscreen. (Not the SPF 15 kind in moistuizers, the kind you usually put ALL OVER YOUR BODY, with the big numbers like 75.)

Omg, is Dan's BP really that bad? It seems like so much people are getting adverse reactions from it.

Do you find your face burns worse if you moisturize after you put the bp on? Last night and this morning, I put Dans moisturizer on first and then the bp. Well this morning I used his moisturizer and then I put on NUCELLE mandelic serum and toner but last night I put the moisturizer and then the bp. My face feels much better. I dont know if it ruins the effect of the regimen but I am experimenting.