Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay I started the Acne.org regimen about this time last year and used it from about July - January. My skin actually got worse but that could have been due to me never washing my pillow case and doing the regimen every 6-8 hours instead of 12. So I ended up quitting and just using SA and my skin cleared up a little bit but about a month ago I started getting pretty bad acne again.

I figured might as well try the regimen again so I ordered 3 tubes and some cleanser and still had Lac-Hydrin 5 so I tried it for about a week. My skin got so much worse. I got a couple of huge hard zits and my red marks flared up. The clogged pores on my forehead became full blown zits. I even started getting some zits on my neck which I never had before.

I've seen a lot of success stories from people on the regimen and accutane is out of the question so what can I do? I could try going back on SA but it doesn't really do that much for me either.

If accutane is out of the queston, you could give the regimen another i have read regimen logs where people who were two months into it an were still breaking out, but in the end they became clear, so there is still hope for people.also if you do the regimen make sure you follow exactly as dan has instructed, as washing your face every dix hours is over irritating your skin an tht may of been what was leading you to breakouts.

good luck (:

Okay I started the Acne.org regimen about this time last year and used it from about July - January. My skin actually got worse but that could have been due to me never washing my pillow case and doing the regimen every 6-8 hours instead of 12. So I ended up quitting and just using SA and my skin cleared up a little bit but about a month ago I started getting pretty bad acne again.

I figured might as well try the regimen again so I ordered 3 tubes and some cleanser and still had Lac-Hydrin 5 so I tried it for about a week. My skin got so much worse. I got a couple of huge hard zits and my red marks flared up. The clogged pores on my forehead became full blown zits. I even started getting some zits on my neck which I never had before.

I've seen a lot of success stories from people on the regimen and accutane is out of the question so what can I do? I could try going back on SA but it doesn't really do that much for me either.

I feel your pain. I had moderate acne when i started Dans Regimen. Maybe 4 or so spots on on cheek. Nothing major but i didn't want it to get any worse. So i went on the Regimen and now on my 7th week. My face is so much worse! I have about 13 large inflamed pustules on each cheek, some clumps of whiteheads, clogged pores, and i have a couple of deep hard spots aswell in between the Pustules. I think they are cysts which i have never had before. I also do not break out usually on my chin and i got a inflamed Pustule there also. I don't know whether this is an IB but it's a killer and the BP has done nothing but made things worse for me. I have yet to see any spots go down due to BP! It's driving me insane and towards Accutane! I have even been signed off the last 2 weeks due to anxiety coz i just cry when i see my face in the morning and have anxiety attacks.

I'm sorry, i know this isn't helping! But i just wanted to put my experience to you. If it didn't work before, it probably won't work now. But who knows right? Miracles happen :)

Why is accutane out of the question? x

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time of it. I did notice in your signature that you are taking lots of fish oil.

I'm one of those people that seemed to break out more on fish oil, believe it or not. I normally take 1 gelcap per day, but after reading everyone's good results with it in the Health forum, I upped it to 3 per day for a few months and I broke out a lot more, and I was grouchy too! (I know, weird!).

So, I just want to throw out there for you that you might want to drop the fish oil and see what happens. Just to eliminate any factors that may not have been there before you began the Regimen.

When the Regimen seems to not be working, it's best to get back to the bare bones basics and eliminate any other complicating factors. If you began the Regimen and the nutritional supplements around the same time, it can be hard to tell which thing is hurting or helping. So, for now try to eliminate the fish oil and see what happens. It may not be a factor but try dropping it for a month and see.

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time of it. I did notice in your signature that you are taking lots of fish oil.

I'm one of those people that seemed to break out more on fish oil, believe it or not. I normally take 1 gelcap per day, but after reading everyone's good results with it in the Health forum, I upped it to 3 per day for a few months and I broke out a lot more, and I was grouchy too! (I know, weird!).

So, I just want to throw out there for you that you might want to drop the fish oil and see what happens. Just to eliminate any factors that may not have been there before you began the Regimen.

When the Regimen seems to not be working, it's best to get back to the bare bones basics and eliminate any other complicating factors. If you began the Regimen and the nutritional supplements around the same time, it can be hard to tell which thing is hurting or helping. So, for now try to eliminate the fish oil and see what happens. It may not be a factor but try dropping it for a month and see.

Hey Brandy,

I should really take that out of my sig as i don't actually take them anymore. They make me feel sick (i hate fish). It seems since day 1 of the Regimen my acne has just got worse and worse. When i had acne before (about 2 and a half years ago) i used proactiv and it cleared me, even my red marks went in a short time. It never bothered me back then as it was getting better but now my skin is just the same. My spots have not subsided, i am getting cysts and it seems like no day is any better. The spots i have at the moment have been there since day 1 of the regimen (7 weeks) and have not gotten any smaller or dried in the slightest. The BP never dried me out like most other people so i used a lot to start with and it has never helped me!

I think for some people (eg myself and Fokus) the regimen just doesn't work. I am sad that it hasn't tho :(

Ah, okay then the fish oil isn't a factor. Well, you could hang in there another month and see if that gets you some improvement. For some people they don't see results until around the 3month mark.

Have you looked through the biggest mistakes page?

Or you could move on, maybe see a dermatologist.

Ah, okay then the fish oil isn't a factor. Well, you could hang in there another month and see if that gets you some improvement. For some people they don't see results until around the 3month mark.

:)

I would love to see a derm so i could get on the Tane but unfortunately funds stop me from going private and the NHS is sooooo slow. I think the wait is like 3 months. I really wanna go see one as my GP is getting pretty sick of seeing me.

If i had any confidence that staying on this for another month would do me any good i would gladly do it. I told myself time and time again to stick with it and each time it just got worse. I read through the biggest mistakes page before i purchased my gel and cleanser. I saw the mention of an IB and panicked but got on with it anyway. I have done everything i could do with the DKR and followed it as closely as i could. I did add Sudocream and AHA's to it but the one factor that never changed was BP and i think this is where the problem lies!

since a derm isn't an option for you right now, have you considered trying an SA product? I've not had much luck with them and inflammatory acne, but it's something else to consider since you can't see a derm and bp doesn't seem to be helping.

I used to get around 2 tiny/small spots a day, but pretty much every day, so around 3-5 small spots all the time, which is why i started the regimen.

For the past 3 months that i've been on the regimen, my skin has been much worse. Last week i counted 30 spots on my face. So i've cut the regimen down to just half a finger once a night and it's much better.

I think if you have very mild acne, putting a whole finger of BP on is too much and too irritating, because i started getting those red spots that turn into whiteheads after a few days, and my face was redder than my neck. My face is now really soft and clear looking, much much less dry and clearer, even though the spots from the last weeks are still healing.

I'll never use a whole finger again(maybe i was using too thick a line, or my skin was too sensetive?), either way, my way of doing it now is much better because my skin is back to how it was but it also takes care of the spots i used to get, without these new types of spots, which were much worse.

since a derm isn't an option for you right now, have you considered trying an SA product? I've not had much luck with them and inflammatory acne, but it's something else to consider since you can't see a derm and bp doesn't seem to be helping.

I think I'm gonna try using a little bit less BP as well since it's been so long since I used it it might be irritating my skin causing breakouts.

I think I'm gonna try using a little bit less BP as well since it's been so long since I used it it might be irritating my skin causing breakouts.