Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
somekidlol

proactive Solution? Garbage or no? I want too try it...

I have tried everything. I am waiting for my mom too find me a derm, but until then I need something that works. Has anyone ever tried Poractive Solution that can tell me if it honestly works. The website says it stops current acne and stops future breakouts; however, don't they all say that? >.> Want I want to know is that will it help blemishes, future breakouts for real, and how good is it in terms on not drying out the skin, working, etc.

Do not waste your $ on Proactiv. Its a joke and even my derm agreed with me. One acne line that is fabulous though is the Serious Skin Care line. I order it from time to time from our home shopping channel in Canada but I believe their head office is in Nevada. Its way gentler on the skin vs Proactiv. Another product you may want to view is at www.skinenergizer.com....their acne line. I have tried that as well or even take a look at www.pierrechenxu.com. They have trial packages which is a fantastic idea. Goodluck.

Yeah proactiv is horrible! Almost every member on this site who has used it didnt like it. I think it work well for the mild acne types but if you have moderate to severe acne, it wont work

Eh...I wouldnt recommend Proactive. I think it has success for very mild acne. If you have anything more - no. Personally I was drawn in my the advertising :wall: and i used it for awhile...now i look at it and see it's pretty gimmicky and advertised much more than other effective stuff. I wouldn't try it unless you have extremely mild acne. :)

I completely agree with everyone. I used it for about 3 years, and I actually loved it. However, it is very irritating for my skin. I get SO dried out!! It's pretty bad. And, I think it stopped working for me too. It probably works great for ppl w/ mild acne. But I wouldn't waste my money on it if you have severe acne.

You could try it becuase they have that money back guarantee. But I only know one person who it actually worked for. I tried it for a while, and I DO have mild acne, and it only dried my face out, didn't get rid of any acne, and it bleached my towels that I dried my face with. I personally don't recommend it. But everyones skin is different, so if you want to try it I say go for it, just make sure you pay attention to the deal and get your money back if it doesn't start working soon, and don't listen to their BS on the phone when they tell you to try it for a few more months.

Such a waste of money! Did nothing for me but bleach the crap out of my sheets, towels and clothes! grrr, so wish I found this site before I tried it a year ago!

I see. Thanks everyone. I have mild acne with left over blemishes and it said Proactive can help with it. I am happy I asked here first before I went and wasted my money.

I know a lot of people who absolutely love proactiv. I have used it in the past with mixed results. I definitely had less pimples but I still had some. I actually loved the way it made my face feel though. My face was never as soft or flake-free as when I used Proactiv. I would recommend using it in combination with a good moisturizer though. I am currently going back and forth between Proactiv and Dan's bp as I've found bp to be the most effective thing for me, my acne is fairly mild though.

I strongly believe that what works for one person may not work for another (and vice versa). If you are curious about Proactiv then it may be worth giving it a try. I have returned 3 piece kits in the past when I didn't get perfect results and got a full refund less shipping and handling costs. The customer service at Proactiv has always been very good to me as well.

I loved Proactiv. Kept my moderate acne, which included cysts, completely clear for 3 years. Stopping it was a big mistake for me. My skin feels very balanced when I use Proactiv as long as I use it exactly as directed. The only caution I have is don't use too much of the cleanser and DON'T SCRUB TOO HARD. That will cause irritation and make things worse. Just scrub GENTLY for the 1-2 minutes and work your way up to using the lotion if you are new to BP. The toner is fantastic, it has glycolic acid in it which is great for your skin. I would definitely recommend trying it, even if your acne is more than mild. I always had inflamed pimples or cysts, and very few whiteheads/blackheads. It was the only thing that worked for me for a long time. Yes, it bleaches stuff out. I stopped using it because I hadn't broken out in so long, and I was sick of the bleaching. But the tradeoff of broken out skin is not worth it. Just get white or cream sheets and towels. If your skin is drying out too much, cut back on the amount of cleanser, scrub more gently, or use less lotion.

I'm currently on Proactiv and the truth is, I don't think it's doing that much for me but I'm too lazy to switch to another one since I get this one delivered to me every month in a convenient package.

The cleanser, I've been told by many (including an expert), is too harsh for the skin. However, what I do is mix it in with some Cetaphil so there is less grainy bits to cleanser.

The toner's pretty much useless, IMO. I have, like, at least 3 bottles just sitting there untouched. Maybe I'll find a use for them one day...

The repair lotion seems to work ok. I mean, I used to have really severe acne that only recently went down to very mild, but I don't think it was because of Proactiv that I saw the improvements...I think it was just that enough time passed and my skin decided to get better :) However, it does make your skin feel nice. I use this at night only and not during the day. It can be drying so I make sure to moisturize extra well in the morning.

All in all, considering you can get full refund for it, why not give it a shot incase you turn out to be one of those people it works for? There's probably better systems out there but hey, if this one does the job, then just go for it.

Good luck!

DON"T GET PROACTIVE. I GOT IT RECENTLY. It helped the first month but hell the rest. The only thing that is kinda working is the proactive refining mask. Stick to normal BPs

I am one of the very few people that proactiv worked for.

I had moderate to severe acne and it cleared everything up no problem. I think i was completely clear within about 2/3 months and stayed clear for 2 and a half years. Loved the stuff and my red marks disappeared with the sulfur mask (which i used nightly).

The downsides are that it is expensive (altho convenient as they send you a 2 months supply every 2 months) and it stops working after a while. i was told whilst i was on it to give my skin a break for a week every couple of months but i did not listen and low and behold it stopped working.

Best stuff i have tried so far! It doesn't work for all so be careful but as everyone has said if your curious try it, if you break out, stop and get you money back x

it worked well for my brother (that is before he stopped using it) and some other people i know. though some people on this site don't like it. it couldn't hurt to try until you get an appointment with a derm. or you can just get some other kind of bp, which will probably work just as well as the proactiv, and will be cheaper.

i think the vivant skin care systems look a lot better than proactiv. but they are a little more expensive.

It worked pretty well for me and my dad for some time. I stopped using it eventually because my acne was cleared, but in its place I had irritated skin. And it also stopped working for my dad after about 1.5-2 years. I had moderate forehead acne, and after it worsened considerably for about 2 months, it did get better. I think it's worth a try. I would try ordering it from the infomercials that offer it cheap (about $20-$30). If it isn't working for you after two tries, try something else. If it DOES work for you, you should alternate it with something like Cetaphil, because a lot of people (80%-90%) become immune from overuse. I would use Proactiv on a bad skin week, then use Cetaphil the next week over. Their benzoyl peroxide is a pretty good quality (the best I've tried), and their toner is nice too. It's their cleanser that really gets people; the scrub part is pretty irritating. The mask is nice too. But the moisturizer they offer is potentially very comedogenic on some people; I would reccommend any of the kinds that Dan has on the Org (except the Cetaphil one). If the moisturizer doesn't have an SPF, definitely get one. Coppertone has a REALLY good one that comes in 8oz. bottle; it's cheap and non-comedogenic. I believe it's called Coppertone Oil Free Lotion SPF## <SPF level of your choice. Oil-Free Faces does the same thing, but it comes in a smaller bottle and I think it's more expensive. I've used different BPs before but this one really made me more sensitive to the sun. Anyways, since they have a money-back guarantee, why not try it??

Proactive will work well for you if you have random pimple / trouble spots.

I cleanse with 'AVON TRUEPORE-FECTION'

Ton with ACV

then i spot treat wih the Proactive lotion.. kills pimples on the spot

not too bad if you ask me

You could give it a try but after it clears your skin dont listin to them and keep useing it because it seriously kills your face over time. I used it from November 2004-June 2005 and it woked so well i mean i had glowing skin and no marks and everything but then as i was clear i kept useing :wall: since i wanted to stay clear of acne pimples but like 2 weeks later i got Cysts!!!witch i never get and started getting acne on my cheeks and on my chin where i never got either. But it is worth a try but then your skin gets immune to it. Now i sometimes use the repair lotion and mask and the spf lotion but thats really it. :cool:

proactiv = NO. i would have to agree that it would those with ONLY mild acne. those damn commercials and informecials on them seem so hope-giving especially because p diddy and jess simpson were on them.