Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canada

Question about Regimen?

I tryed the Regimen for 4 weeks then I stopped it, reason why is because I was getting huge zits I think they were cysts but i got like 2-3 of them in the 4 week period and my face was really dry even after 4 week it was like my face wasnt getting used to it and it really sucked waking up with a huge flaky face. Do you think i could of been one of those people that it just doesnt work for?

could be... same thing happened to me, so I stopped using BP altogether, and I haven't gotten a cyst since. Just some minor pimples here and there, which clear up completely in a day or two (and leave no red marks behind). Old cysts have left a lot of red marks, though, so I'm thinking of trying aloe vera. Anyone know how quickly I should expect to see results?

It takes 2 or even 3-4 months for some people to get completely clear. It's too early to give up on it. Giving it more time and keeping strictly to the regimen is what you need to do in a lot of cases to get it to work.

Since the regimen is the one thing aside from accutane that I KNOW works on people, I don't like seeing people give up on it prematurely.

Please e-mail me if you need to so we can discuss in detail what you are doing and what products you're using. Almost always, with some tweaks, we can get you cleared up.

-Dan

I used these products and they gave me cysts but i would only get like 1 of them every week. I would wash my face with the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar,then wait 15 mins then apply the Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment. In the morning i would have to use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture cause my face got to dry, it wasnt itchy at all it was just very dry and flaky.

Maybe i should of kept using they stuff for 3-4 month as you said but i just couldnt stand the huge zits coming. I used like a full finger length when i applyed the BP