Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys.

I started using Retin-A maybe a month and a half ago, but I was wondering what type of face wash or soap would be the best to use with it?

Thanks.

Definately a mon-medicated one, (no salicylic acid), alcohol free (alcohol causes dryness, and may cause irritation if used with retina a), also a soap free one aswell :)

do you live in teh UK or the US?

Cetaphil is great. I also hear good things about Purpose soap.

You gotta stick with "gentle" cleansers that, like mentioned above, do not contain any medications (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide etc.) or cause dryness (the retin-a dries out your skin on its own, you dont want a soap to add to the problem ;) ).

really a wash without salycilic acid or BP...dang ive been using oxy which contains a 2% with it for...a year now lol...and ive been clearing up but not completely...u think switching off of a salycilic acid would push me to clearing up??

Definately a mon-medicated one, (no salicylic acid), alcohol free (alcohol causes dryness, and may cause irritation if used with retina a), also a soap free one aswell :)

do you live in teh UK or the US?

Hey.

Thanks, I think I will switch over to a non medicated face wash!

I live in the US. What about you?