Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know for many of you on special diets that eggs are still okay to eat. I"m trying to cut grains out of my breakfast routine which is hard for me, but if I can eat eggs with my green smoothie then that will be good. Only - don't eggs have a lot of cholesterol or something? I'm not sure if eating two eggs every morning would not be recommend? My mom has some Egg Beaters in the fridge and I was looking at the carton and it said they were 99% real egg but with low fat and low cholesterol. Does anyone know if there is a reason NOT to choose the Egg Beaters over real eggs? Or if eating real eggs everyday would be bad for you? Thanks.

I know for many of you on special diets that eggs are still okay to eat. I"m trying to cut grains out of my breakfast routine which is hard for me, but if I can eat eggs with my green smoothie then that will be good. Only - don't eggs have a lot of cholesterol or something? I'm not sure if eating two eggs every morning would not be recommend? My mom has some Egg Beaters in the fridge and I was looking at the carton and it said they were 99% real egg but with low fat and low cholesterol. Does anyone know if there is a reason NOT to choose the Egg Beaters over real eggs? Or if eating real eggs everyday would be bad for you? Thanks.

it's not the cholesterol that's the problem for acne, it's the high omega 6 content in the form of arachidonic acid, very inflammatory

Just abit of first hand info, I have some friends who are into the old school method of bodybuilding.

They consume a dozen eggs per day, the had their cholesterol levels measured prior to starting the program, and then every few months into it, their cholesterol levels havent increased at all.

I used to eat a lot of eggs, then I did get my cholesterol checked. It was high.

I switched to egg beaters ( southwest style ).

To be honest I don't notice a difference.

Dietary cholesteral has little to no impact on blood levels of cholesterol. The system doesn't work like that. Your body breaks everything down and turns it into what it needs. Just like a nursing mother doesn't give cows milk if she drinks it...lol Eggs are a very good source of nutrition,and the less processed the better as far as preserving that nutrition. Not to mention it's way cheaper to use real whole eggs anyway.