Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
racerguy

How hard is it to get perscribed accutane?

I'm going to see the derm next week. I've been on Minocycline and Retin A, nothing has worked for me.

I would like to ber perscribed accutane, so do I just let him know I want accutane or what? How should I word it? Is it hard to get perscribed?

Since you have already tried other treatments unsuccessfully, Accutane is an option if you have severe acne. I would bring it up to the derm as an option you would like to discuss. It's considered a last resort treatment, so derms usually don't give out scripts for Accutane like candy.

it's pretty much depends on which derm you have..

you need a bit of luck in this case..

tell him that you've tried various treatments that had no influence on you etc

Like everyone said, let them know you've tried so many other things. It can be hard to get accutane! I "doctor shopped" a while and then one day finally demanded, which actually worked. In essence, I just told her I was done wasting my time and money on all the worthless creams and antibioitcs , and that I was tired of slowly watching my skin become destroyed with scars. The strong languauge worked for me:)

it depends on the derm, what treatments you have used, and the severity of your acne. it isn't that difficult though usually.

Definitely depends on your derm a lot.

If you're scarring (or it's otherwise significantly bad), and other treatments haven't worked, and you have no problems going on accutane, it should be a no-brainer (regardless of derm).

I'm really lucky derm wise, she's awesome, so they do exist.

well it depends not only on your derm but also if ya got the money to do it all, the money part tends to be more of a problem than anything for me

I'm going to see the derm next week. I've been on Minocycline and Retin A, nothing has worked for me.

I would like to ber perscribed accutane, so do I just let him know I want accutane or what? How should I word it? Is it hard to get perscribed?

insurance covers it, but if you don't have insurance it is very expensive, my pills would have been $620/month but i only paid $5 with insurance.

People with mild cases of acne get it too, just convince them about the psychological affection and the history in the family be depressed too...How old are you?