Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anna

Oily skin drug

Anna, thank you very much for posting the link to that abstract about the new topical drug for oily skin that is currently being tested. That is really exciting news for people like me, whose oily skin is a source of unending frustration. All other topicals I've tried in the past have failed me miserably, including Clinac OC, Aubrey Organics Amino-Derm Gel, Seba-Stat Pads and liquid Finasteride (the last one, a "cutting -edge" medication, was prescribed by Dr. Orentreich in NYC, who is supposed to be an expert in curing oily skin). I now use Barclay-Crocker Papier Poudre blotting papers because at least they remove the shine for a little while. (My oily face each morning, upon arising, brings new meaning to the old saying, "Rise and Shine". sad.gif ) Because of your post, I feel a renewed sense of faith that there's something new on the horizon that may offer me and so many others whose faces produce too much oil a measure of relief in the near future. Thanks again.

Maya, you've offered me hope, too, with the news that the TDP Lamp dried up your T-Zone. I am looking forward to getting this apparatus any day now, and plan to use it immediately upon its arrival. Yay! biggrin.gif

gah what would it do if u have mixed skin? overdry the normal areas? gah

Maya, you've offered me hope, too, with the news that the TDP Lamp dried up your T-Zone. I am looking forward to getting this apparatus any day now, and plan to use it immediately upon its arrival. Yay!  biggrin.gif

I tried that for over a year and I didn't notice anything - has it worked for anyone else? It's a spray that is derived from shark cartilidge. I am curious to know if it helped others and if I've just got wierd, oily skin (which I probably do!) Thanks. Tarmik

The Ketsugo Spray didn't help me, either. I ordered it from Malaysia and waited many weeks for it to get here. Believe it or not it actually had a greasy texture to it! It never dried matte and I thought it gave my skin a "buttered" look. Ugh. I used all four bottles that I purchased, hoping that my skin would eventually balance out, but the spray didn't work a whit. A definite letdown, for sure.

Of course, Accutane worked for me while I was on it but you can't stay on it forever. (Good thing, too. Like so many others here, it greatly compromised my skin's ability to heal, and now I regret ever being on it.) I'm an optimist, though, and I'll gladly give the TDP lamp a whirl. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised! 8-[

Guest Cubsfan

2 grams of vitamin b5 with a b complex is the way to go for oily skin

I tried 10 grams of vitamin B5 (along with 100 mg. B-Complex) and that didn't work, either. Besides, taking all those pills of B5 along with all my other supplements was a real hassle. And the B5 Powder that's on the market....yuck! It almost made me retch. I didn't like the taste of that at all.

I take 5 grams aday of B-5 (10 pills - 6 in the morning, 4 in the evening). It didn't clear my skin of oil, but it's decreased oil production by 30 percent, or so, and now I no longer have acne, after 2 months of use, while using topicals (retin-a micro and clydamyacin phos. solution).

Give it two months, I think thats the average time it takes to work. Also, buy the pills if you can't handle the nasty taste of the powder. The caplets are easier to swallow, try GNC brand or Solaray or Twinlab. I prefer GNC, just my bias. smile.gif