Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know most oral contraceptives will help with acne, but I was wondering if Diane 35 is proven MOST effective at treating acne, or do they only use this as a marketing technique like ortho tricyclen does?

I can't seem to find how it's progestin compares with the one used in Ortho tricyclen and Orthocept... does anyone know a good website?

Also, have many people experienced side effects with the pill? Spotting has been a problem for me with other OC's.

(I've heard of hair loss when discontinuing the pill)

I'd appreciate any info... Thanks!

my doc told me that pretty much any pill that is low androgen will help this. According to her most pills are similar in structure but people are different so you have to try one yourself to see how it works for you...I know this is annoying but one type of pill may work wonders for one woman while the same pill is not great for another woman. Personally I use allesse. It is ok but I think ortho tri was better for my skin. Allesse is lower in hormones though which is probably better overall healthwise.

Stay away from Diane 35 or estelle. My doctor just called me to say that I need to switch to Orthocyclen by the end of this month. Because a new big study was published that says that you can have 4-5 times more chance of developping blood clots that can be fatal with Diane 35.

I used Diane-35 for years with no problems (although when I stopped taking it at 28, I broke out just like before). There are greater risks of blood clot with Diane, so if you have risk factors (e.g., smoking) you shouldn't be taking it, and you need to have regular checkups. But the risk is still relatively small (about 1 in 600 or so). There was a thread about this a while ago on these boards when the warning first came out.

im on dianette the now..which i think is the same thing, i just wanted to ask vanessa, when u stopped dianette did u break out? ive heard in some post tht when people stopped taking it, their acne came back worse than before. just wanted to know ur experience with it..thanks

As I said in my post, yes I did break out when I stopped taking Diane 35 (which is the same as Dianette BTW).