Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MY mass is 70kg.I am on accutane 20mg in morning,10mg at night.My acne is very mild(just redness on about like 30pct of face and 3-4 spots)I am on month 4(20 days left till month 5)and i see little improvement..i mean,i thought by end of month 3 your face is 90% cleared...so wtf is wrong ?:Sis 30mg per day enough?

I also use Neutregena oil free acne wash.I wash my face with it 2 times a day(1min each time).It contains 2pct sylicylic acid.Is this in anyway affecting Accutane?I just have 20 days of month four left,than i am going to move on to month 5.Btw.I have NO side effects WHAT SO EVER.i NEVER had any while on accutane.I drink 10-20 glasses of water daily.All i had is nose bleeds(twice in month two).Is accutane working for me?I mean i DID see little improvement,But maybe it was just the face wash...I really need help badly.This is really getting to me..I want to know if accutane is working or not and weather My facewash has something to do with it not working.Please,please,please,i need help bad.I am 15 though,and The face wash is the ONLY thing i use.Is this somehow causing the redness?Should i decrease the time i spend washing my face with it?Sorry i have a lot of questions.And you people seem really helpful(I have been viewing this site from jan ,And i just had this question to post,so this is the reason i became a member)

Any advice will be greatly approved by me.(:

That's all your doc prescribed per day? That's a pretty low dose for your mass. Call your doc and ask for an increase since you're in month 4 and still breaking out.

That's all your doc prescribed per day? That's a pretty low dose for your mass. Call your doc and ask for an increase since you're in month 4 and still breaking out.

As you said yourself, your acne is very mild (normally they won't prescribe for very mild acne), so I'm not surprised they aren't giving you a huge dose, especially at 15. I would go and have a chat with him though, if you aren't getting much side effects it sounds a little like its not being absorbed that well (I get side effects on 20 and am on that), and ask to increase a little or stay on it longer as its a low dose. Make sure you take it with a fatty meal (this is essential), and avoid any supplements like biotin.

So..my facewash is not a problem?Thanks a lot wibble and waynne for your advice.I will contact him after his month is over,though i doubt that he is going to increase the dosage.Even for my mild acne he NEVER tried ANYTHING like B.P or Sylicylic acid..All he did was put me on some cheap ass anti-biotics and differen 0.1pct,That's its..Than straight to Accutane.He says the reason is cuz those medicines may cause further harm to the skin.Should i use a lotion containing"sea minerals and vit. C" on my skin at night before going to sleep?A thought...Anyone?

Ahhh. I just realized one reason why your doc has not prescribed a higher dose. You are only 15 and still have some growing to do. Accutane in still growing teens can cause premature closure of the epiphysis (the growth part of the bone) in young persons.

So, for that reason, plus that fact that you have mild acne, that dosage seems much more reasonable.

Remember that Accutane will continue clearing you for a month or two after you finish taking it.

great,i really loved your reply.Cuz if it doesnot work,i will probably have a fuckin heart attack at the age of 15.:(.Any more feedback will be greatly Appreciated