Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have super oily skin, to the point where I have to blot it several times a day. Yet my skin feels sort of 'leathery' from being on the DKR. I also am getting massive wrinkles around my eyes. I'm not really flaking much at the moment, my skin just feels sort of dry and 'stretched', especially when I smile. I would think being so oily would combat this, but could my skin still be dehydrated? Anybody else experience this? I've used Dan's BP gel before, went off it for just a little while and am back on it now and my skin used to be fine, I'm not sure why it feels so crappy this time around. I do moisturized night and day - Complex 15 and sometimes Cetaphil with some Aloe. Think I just need to use more, or a different moisturizer? I"m a bit afraid to use the Lac Hydrin Five b/c I just started with the BP again and you apparently aren't supposed to use that right away. Any thoughts?

(and no, I'm never out in the sun)

Hi, yes it's possible to have oily and dry skin. This just means your skin is dehydrated. The amount of oil on your skin does not equal hydration. The hydration status is the amount of water within the skin cells. So, even though you can be very oily, your skin cells can be needing hydration. Are you using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion? It is usually very hydrating. You could continue to use it at night and perhaps alternate it with one of the AHA lotions such as Lac-Hydrin Five or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. The AHA's can help with the fine "wrinkling" you are experiencing.

Or you might consider adding a few drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer.

Hi, yes it's possible to have oily and dry skin. This just means your skin is dehydrated. The amount of oil on your skin does not equal hydration. The hydration status is the amount of water within the skin cells. So, even though you can be very oily, your skin cells can be needing hydration. Are you using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion? It is usually very hydrating. You could continue to use it at night and perhaps alternate it with one of the AHA lotions such as Lac-Hydrin Five or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. The AHA's can help with the fine "wrinkling" you are experiencing.

Or you might consider adding a few drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer.

Brandy, I also have the same skin problem as CookieCrumbles. My skin is not exposured to sunlight but to air conditioner. When choosing a product, should I choose the one for oily or dry skin better? I'm currently using combination to oily, but I'm not sure I pick the right type.

I have very similar problems but with a heavy dose of flakes. Jojoba oil and AHA lotions have proven useless despite 6 applications daily. I feel it is the combo of great quantities of BP & lotion causing the geysers of oil and large scales on my face. Though I am very appreciative of the great reduction of Acne spots, but the 7 month battle against dry, oily flakiness is futile.