Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WildFlower

Trial and Error Regimen

Good luck with your TCA peel! Let me know how it goes. And yes, I LOVE glycolic acid!! I'm gonna need a stronger one though after my skin stops responding to it.

Still clear!!! :dance:

My husband (who's the only one who sees me without makeup) has been complimenting my skin a lot lately :D Today he said, "Your skin has been looking so good, keep doing what you're doing!"

It makes me feel good to hear that because i'm really hard on myself so to me, my skin always looks bad no matter what.

Anyway, I tried the tea today...I expected it to be gross but its actually not bad at all :)

I'm still clear!!! Wow, this is a record for me. Now I'm sure that my regimen works. The last few days have been stressful, lets see if that has an effect on my skin.

My back has a couple of pimples but I dont really care about that.

I've become so paranoid that I will start breaking out again! :wacko:

What if my regimen stops working?? :doubt:

Last night I had a dream that I broke out all over my forehead. So the first thing I did when I woke up is look in the mirror and examine my face...

I'm still clear (thank God)! But the red marks are still not completely gone. Damn those red marks!!

Must go look at my face now :wacko:

Great to hear you may have finally found your solution. I'm sure the paranoia will go away the longer you are clear and can further trust the regimen. Good luck!

Well its that time of the month (a week before my period) and unfortunately, I did break out :doh: I have two pimples, one tiny whitehead on the apple of my cheek and one pink one (hasnt surfaced) on the side of my chin. :wall: I have noticed that these pimples are smaller than the usual pustules I get around my period so thats good.

I have been drinking the tea but I guess that didn't do much. I don't know, maybe I would've gotten more pimples if I didn't drink it.

Next month I'm going to try Aleve and hope it works. I know I should take it twice a day a week before my period when I break out BUT for how long do I keep taking it? Until I start my period, or until my periods over? Anyone know?

Its been a few days...the pimple on my chin never surfaced and went away without leaving a red mark. So I'm back to being clear again :)

I'm gonna start taking a zinc supplement to help with the healing of my red marks. The old ones went away but I have some fairly recent ones that I need to fade quickly. The zinc supplement I'm going to start is called OptiZinc and its from Source Naturals. It has copper in it too since zinc decreases copper levels. Kim recommended it to me...so thanks Kim!

I'm going to my cousin's wedding next weekend and I'm gonna see a lot of family I havent seen in years. I want my skin to look its best, so I've been using the souffle twice a day. My red marks are fading more and more each day, and I have no new acne. The last few pimples I've been getting are REALLY tiny so they go away quick. I havent had a real pimple (knocking on wood) since the two pustules I got on my right cheek a while ago. They left dark red marks, and those two red marks are my worst right now. The rest are not visible unless you look closely. Thanks to glycolic acid :D

So everything is looking good. My skin is staying clear because of the following: (in order of how effective)

1) GLYCOLIC ACID

2) Salicylic Acid

3) Aloe Vera

I havent changed my diet or how often I work out. I'm not taking any supplements right now but I'm planning on starting zinc very soon (as I mentioned before)...I'm excited to see if it speeds up the healing of red marks. I just have to find a store that sells that specific brand.

Anyway, sorry for babbling on and on today.

I'm still clear!!!!!! (knocking on wood) :D

:pray: I hope it stays that way!

And I'm LOVING the suffle! I have some stubborn red marks on my right cheek and I literally saw a difference in them after the first use!

Congrats on your clear skin ! ^^. I went to the docter and they told me I should be on a vitamin supplement, so I'm gonna find out whether or not I can buy this vitamin called "Skin B5" I found out about in the internet, and I'll make a log here. I cant wait :).

I know you may have heard this before, but you REALLY SHOULDNT PICK YOUR FACE. The only reason you should have to touch your face is when your putting products on it. Besides, blesmishes clear up faster when they're left untouched.

I'm going to my cousin's wedding next weekend and I'm gonna see a lot of family I havent seen in years. I want my skin to look its best, so I've been using the souffle twice a day. My red marks are fading more and more each day, and I have no new acne. The last few pimples I've been getting are REALLY tiny so they go away quick. I havent had a real pimple (knocking on wood) since the two pustules I got on my right cheek a while ago. They left dark red marks, and those two red marks are my worst right now. The rest are not visible unless you look closely. Thanks to glycolic acid :D

So everything is looking good. My skin is staying clear because of the following: (in order of how effective)

1) GLYCOLIC ACID

2) Salicylic Acid

3) Aloe Vera

I havent changed my diet or how often I work out. I'm not taking any supplements right now but I'm planning on starting zinc very soon (as I mentioned before)...I'm excited to see if it speeds up the healing of red marks. I just have to find a store that sells that specific brand.

Great to hear that your regimen is working so well for you. I have a question. Do you think if you removed the salicylic acid from your regimen that you would break out again? Reason I ask is because the last time I used anything with SA, which was years ago, I broke out in a rash. So I'm afraid to use that at all. I break out maybe once or twice a week, have some bumps and blackheads, and want to fade my red marks. Do you think if I skip the SA I would still have good results?

Also, I don't take a zinc supplement, but I do take a multivitamin that has 15mg of zinc and calcium which has another 10 mg. Do you think that is enough? I just started taking the Costco max strength fish oil--4 capsules a day (which equals about 3.5g of omega 3). Do you take any fish oil too?

Thanks!

1) GLYCOLIC ACID

2) Salicylic Acid

3) Aloe Vera

Great to hear that your regimen is working so well for you. I have a question. Do you think if you removed the salicylic acid from your regimen that you would break out again? Reason I ask is because the last time I used anything with SA, which was years ago, I broke out in a rash. So I'm afraid to use that at all. I break out maybe once or twice a week, have some bumps and blackheads, and want to fade my red marks. Do you think if I skip the SA I would still have good results?

Also, I don't take a zinc supplement, but I do take a multivitamin that has 15mg of zinc and calcium which has another 10 mg. Do you think that is enough? I just started taking the Costco max strength fish oil--4 capsules a day (which equals about 3.5g of omega 3). Do you take any fish oil too?

Thanks!

I think the salicylic acid and the glycolic acid together are keeping me clear. I think I would breakout if I didn't use it because sometimes when I feel a pimple coming, I put SA on it twice a day and it gets rid of it before it surfaces. So yeah, I think if I removed the SA, I would probably break out. You should give SA another chance. Do a patch test first to see if that rash happens. I think you would still get some good results with just the glycolic but even better with both.

I use Neutrogena's SA gel...I don't like the size (too tiny) and the fact that it has alcohol in it :confused: But it works so I can deal with it. A lot of people use Paula's Choice BHA (Salicylic Acid) and like it so you can try that one if you'd like. I'm planning on switching to Dan's SA gel as soon as it comes out :)

I don't think 15mg of zinc a day is enough. I would recommend 30 to 60mg a day. I don't know much about fish oil. I tried it a few months ago and I didnt see any results. I only took it for about a month though. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Good luck

wow it looks like you found something that works that's awsome!!

I have a question what is AH 12% Glycolic Suffle? I'm thinking of trying out the cleanser and moisturizer your using. I'm using all Dove stuff but its not really working I need to add a Glycolic product, or Salicylic product. Actually I hear using both kind of products are suppose to work.

I was doing alright a month or two ago, I only was dealing with red marks but then I started using the Avon Glycolic peels pads and that just messed me all up, now I'm broken out all over and its just making me mad how in the past year I've just had bad acne. Never had this problem before I was 20 (I'm 21 now turning 22 next month).

Also I keep hearing what Aloe Gel does and I used it with the BP last year but it made my face really tight and I didn't like how it wouldn't absorb, would it be better to just use it before or after I moisture?

Thanks for the help :cool:

wow it looks like you found something that works that's awsome!!

I have a question what is AH 12% Glycolic Suffle? I'm thinking of trying out the cleanser and moisturizer your using. I'm using all Dove stuff but its not really working I need to add a Glycolic product, or Salicylic product. Actually I hear using both kind of products are suppose to work.

I was doing alright a month or two ago, I only was dealing with red marks but then I started using the Avon Glycolic peels pads and that just messed me all up, now I'm broken out all over and its just making me mad how in the past year I've just had bad acne. Never had this problem before I was 20 (I'm 21 now turning 22 next month).

Also I keep hearing what Aloe Gel does and I used it with the BP last year but it made my face really tight and I didn't like how it wouldn't absorb, would it be better to just use it before or after I moisture?

Thanks for the help :cool:

Hey InRepair,

The 12% Glycolic souffle is this:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...UY-PLST-0-BRAND

Sorry I had it misspelled before.

The aloe vera makes my face tight too but it absorbs well. I apply it before I apply my moisturizer. You could also mix the two together.

Sorry to hear about the Avon peels irritating your skin. What percentage Glycolic are they? They might be too harsh. I like the glycolic souffle because its gentle so I can use it twice a day without any problems.

I've having a down day today :( I looked at my skin under different lighting and noticed I have more shallow indented scars then I thought :cry: . I know that Green Cream can help with those and I cant wait to start using it again but I have to wait another few weeks because besides the wedding this weekend, I'll be visiting my family next week for two weeks and I don't want to have peeling and flakey skin infront of my family and friends.

I forgot to take it out of my sig but I stopped using them a week or two ago. There only 10 percent but I dunno if it was cause my face was getting use to it or if i really was having a reaction. But after week 5 and I was starting to breaking out so bad I knew it couldn't be purging. I've had purging before with other products and this was a bad irritating product.

I'll give the cleanser and souffle a try, should I start with one product for awhile till I get use to it, or is it okay to just jump in and start using both at the sametime?

I think its safe to start using both at the same time. The cleanser is VERY gentle-it's soap-free, fragerance free, oil-free, alcohol-free, and pH balanced. It's the only cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin.

Good luck, I hope you love them as much as I do :)

I forgot to try the Aleve this month :doh: and sure enough I did breakout in three pimples, two on my right jaw bone and one on my right cheek :mad: Perfect timing, as I'm leaving tomorrow to visit my family and friends in Phoenix. I'm hoping the EXTREMELY HOT weather doesn't make things worse. We'll see

Did you initially break out when you used AHA product? I did and I thought it was too harsh so I am using PHA products now which is said to be less irritating.

I'm just starting on AHA, but I read that it might break you out like crazy for the first week or so of using it, kind of a purging of the skin. It's supposed to get better after that though.

I'm baaaaaack!! I totally broke out in Phoenix :(, mostly on my jaw line, one on my chin, a couple small ones on my forehead, and one on my temple. None on my cheeks though :D. I don't know if it was because of the weather/climate or because I ran out of the souffle before I left and didn't have any to use while I was there.

Anyway, now my skin is back to being clear, except for the new red marks, and the old ones are fading but still not completely gone.

I'm going to add Green Cream back to my routine. I never really gave it a chance. This time I will keep up with it. I will have to use the SA in the morning after the souffle and the Green Cream at night. I will take out the Aloe Vera and just use it as a spot treatment when I need it.

Did you initially break out when you used AHA product? I did and I thought it was too harsh so I am using PHA products now which is said to be less irritating.

I'm just starting on AHA, but I read that it might break you out like crazy for the first week or so of using it, kind of a purging of the skin. It's supposed to get better after that though.

I hate red marks!! They take FOREVER to go away no matter what I do! The really old ones are gone but the ones from June and after are still there.

I counted my red marks today.

Forehead: 0

Left cheek: 6

Right cheek: 14!

Chin: 1

Nose and upper lip: 0

:wall:

Active Acne: 0 (for now)

Updated regimen:

*Wash with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash and air dry

*Exfoliate with AH 12% Glycolic Souffle

*Treat and prevent with 2% SA gel

*Moisturize and protect with AH Sheer Silk Moisturizer

The moisturizer is so tiny (1 oz) and kind of expensive, so eventhough I like it, I think I want to switch to another one.

Makeup: Everyday Minerals

Supplements: OptiZinc (30 mg)

Evening:

*Wash and apply Green Cream

Hey somethingelse,

I just found your log on a search. I have been on the Alpha Hydrox oil free formula 10% for... 12 days now. I was just wondering if things get better. I never experienced a HORRIBLE breakout or anything, but I am getting a constant flow of all these clogged pores on my face coming to the surface. That is actually why I bought the product in the first place, because I have been clogged pores recently that keep turning into whiteheads, and I want to stop that. Anyways, this Wednesday will mark two weeks for me. Does your face start to calm down?? And how long have you been on AHA again?

Hey somethingelse,

I just found your log on a search. I have been on the Alpha Hydrox oil free formula 10% for... 12 days now. I was just wondering if things get better. I never experienced a HORRIBLE breakout or anything, but I am getting a constant flow of all these clogged pores on my face coming to the surface. That is actually why I bought the product in the first place, because I have been clogged pores recently that keep turning into whiteheads, and I want to stop that. Anyways, this Wednesday will mark two weeks for me. Does your face start to calm down?? And how long have you been on AHA again?

Yes, your breakouts should decrease soon. Keep up with it. Glycolic acid has been so great at keeping my acne under control. I've been on AHA now since May of this year. What're you using in addition to the Enhanced Lotion?

An update:

My skin is looking the best it has in a long time. Green Cream, Glycolic Acid, and OptiZinc are doing an AMAZING job at fading my stubborn red marks that I've had since June. I'm pretty sure Green Cream is doing most of the work.

I've been taking Aleve the past few days to prevent new breakouts and so far its working. I felt a pretty big bump under my chin before I took Aleve and now its so much smaller and still under the surface.

I did something so stupid about a week ago. I tried to squeeze a blackhead out on my cheek and now I have a scab there, which i've been picking at so now its bright red :( I also broke out if a couple of tiny zits on my jaw but those are gone already.

I'm loving green cream....no peeling so far! I think the souffle and GC are a GREAT combo!

Ok so the Aleve did not completely prevent me from breaking out this month. I had one of my cheek and a few on my jaw. The one under my chin never came to the surface but there is still a small bump there.

The comedonal acne on my forehead is pretty much gone. Today I started using GC twice a day. I noticed that it made my skin shiny, even after I put makeup on, so I would rather just use it at night...but temporarily, I will be using it twice a day. Also, I started using SA only as a spot treatment.