Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spintheblackcircle

Gonna give the Regimen a try - a couple of questions...

Preface:

25 year old male with I would assume would be discribed as mild (on the low side of that), but PERSISTANT acne. Probably about 80-90% of my face is clear the vast majority of the time. I have a few problem areas mainly the sides of my chin down from each corner of my mouth, forehead at times, and temple area on both sides (I wear glasses 50% of the time so probably the cause there). I have (I think) alot of blackheads on my nose but I rarely get any acne there save for a mild zit thats gone in a day or two. My diet is TERRIBLE, I probably eat maybe 5 meals total that aren't fast food a month. I know diet means little but I just thought I'd mention it. I've been taking a multivitamin and extra vit c and e fairly regularly for a couple of months. I already have been using cetaphil gentle cleanser, neutragena on the spot tx, and the cetaphil facial moisturizer for months so hey why not right? smile.gif I'm just sick of having a problem with acne at all when I see the fast majority of my friends and co-workers with great complexions...

Anyway some questions/comments:

1) 2 areas: specifically the mouth corners and temple areas ALWAYS have an "acne-ish" appearence. Meaning that the skin could be perfectly smooth in those areas yet they are still redish and such. I assume they are scars. Should I use excess BP there even with an absence of acne?

2)Should I use the BP all over my face for an initial time period or just problem areas as per above and Dan's video? I can get acne anywhere. Should i just use BP daily in problem areas and only on an as needed basis in flareup areas when it pops up?

3)I noticed in the video that dan barely washed his face at all, litterally a couple of secs then rinceing. Is this how fast you are to wash your face?

4) I'm suprised that the BP companies don't recommend using more BP such as dan does. He goes through upwards of a tube per WEEK? I have had my tube (the small one like the size of your index finger) for a couple of months using it daily, but just mm size dabs on prob areas. When I saw the amount reccomended I was floored. I probably use that much in a week or 2. Anyway wouldn't it be in the BP makers interest to rec. more? profit wise, etc...? Just curious.

5) Why is it important to wait 5-15mins after washing for the BP than 5-15 for the moisturizer? I usually apply both right after another within minutes after exiting the shower. Does this make a significant difference?

So essentially by trying the regimen I am not really changing my daily facial care that much. Essentially just using more BP and waiting after washing and applying moisturizer after the BP. I'm pretty lazy with regard to this but I'll give it a solid try starting tommorow morning.

And yes I know my speelling and grammers ain't tearifix. biggrin.gif

Spin

Guest Crooked I
Should I use the BP all over my face for an initial time period or just problem areas as per above and Dan's video? I can get acne anywhere. Should i just use BP daily in problem areas and only on an as needed basis in flareup areas when it pops up?