Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mindywills

How to deal with acne and beginning wrinkles

Hello,

I am new to this group and hoping for help. I have 3 distinct problems: acne, mostly whiteheads on uppper cheeks, huge poores on my nose, and begiining of wrinkles on my forehead and around my mouth. So its like I need an acne cure and wrinkle cure. Previously I have gone to the derm Doc and he has picked out my whiteheads, I looked like a picked chicken for a few days but then they were gone...for a month or less. He said there was nothing to do about large pores however I think they are getting a little better if I use the saylic acid and BP. Can that combination eliminate whiteheads or do they need to be picked out by the Doc? The wrinkles that I am developing are not from me overdrying those areas. I put Avon Anew on wrinkle prone area and acne stuff on acne area. Help!!!

Mindy, user posted image

You might want to look at having a peel done or doing a mild at home peel. I know there is tons of info on peels on the scar treatment section of this board. Certain peels will help both acne and wrinkles. When you go to the scar treatment section check out the FAQ's. There is a lot of info there for all kinds of skin problems relating to acne. ( http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5996 )

You also might want to look at the thread on the scar board about Purdeeming Intense Gel.( http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=11820 )This is helping with skin overall and some have said it is helping with the look of their pores. I use it and love it as well.

When I was much younger I had a doctor "pick" some of my whiteheads and that left me with some scarring. Be careful, but my skin is super sensitive so that may have been my problem. #-o

Lastly, I use products from Sage Skincare ( www.zerozits.com ) and can say that the 20% smoothing cream and/or gel and Mother Strickland's 4% BHA gel have done WONDERS for my skin in combination with the Purdeeming Intense gel. Good luck and have a great day!!

Oh and Welcome to the Boards!! user posted image

New to the site too and also facing lines/wrinkles/larger pores. AHA peels like Perdeeming seem to work for me - I'ld say it lessens them by 20%. Mirco derms help too - also by 20%. You have to keep up on them though, and stay away from the sun - hate that part. I know this sounds insane, but I drink a lot of water each day - at least 10 8oz cups not counting coffee/soda. I am amazed how it plumps up my skin (!) - smaller pores/few visable lines. It also helps products & especially coverup absorb well and look natural. When I get lazy and dont drink I can tell the difference big time. Takes about 3 days to see the effects again.

. I know this sounds insane, but I drink a lot of water each day - at least 10 8oz cups not counting coffee/soda. I am amazed how it plumps up my skin (!) - smaller pores/few visable lines.  It also helps products & especially coverup absorb well and look natural.  When I get lazy and dont drink I can tell the difference big time.  Takes about 3 days to see the effects again.

I agree with Jayson and Misty...water makes a difference, but don't forget any herbal decaffeinated tea or drink can count as water plus it has a hint of taste (more a smell really than a taste, lol). And the lemon water, both hot and cold help flush the liver adding to the benefits! smile.gif