Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luppe

What the hell is wrong with me?

I sleep on time and get a good night sleep. I excercise regularly and started eating right. But I always feel tired. I told my doctor and he basically said what all doctors say who don't want to give you meds: exercise and diet.

I hate feeling tired, I didn't do anything to be tired with in the first place. I'm 19 years old, not 75.

Now how do I feel? Well If you take fatigue and mix in with hunger (the kind where you feel hungry but you really not, just a overall shitty feeling, hopefully you understand this)

And I get these feelings random times throughout the day. Some mornings when I wake up, I feel like throwing up, but there's nothing there to throw up. lol.

I think this is why I get a pimple every now and then, because my body is not feeling well enough to fight off the evil toxins.

Sometimes fatigue is caused by something simple as being dehydrated. Add more fluids into your diet and see if that helps. Plain filtered water is wonderful. Drink up!

did you read about that foot pad thread? i personally read the whole thing and looked on ebay at detox foot spas too. its down this page i think. the thread is. seemed pretty cool(pretty pricy too)

I sleep on time and get a good night sleep. I excercise regularly and started eating right. But I always feel tired. I told my doctor and he basically said what all doctors say who don't want to give you meds: exercise and diet.

I hate feeling tired, I didn't do anything to be tired with in the first place. I'm 19 years old, not 75.

Now how do I feel? Well If you take fatigue and mix in with hunger (the kind where you feel hungry but you really not, just a overall shitty feeling, hopefully you understand this)

And I get these feelings random times throughout the day. Some mornings when I wake up, I feel like throwing up, but there's nothing there to throw up. lol.

You might be hypoglyemic.

Hypoglycemia usually causes hunger even when you're stuffed.

And also fatigue is a mix of uneven blood sugar and adrenal exhaustation.

Do you feel better in the evening after 8:00 pm and way more tired in the morning and afternoon?

I think this is why I get a pimple every now and then, because my body is not feeling well enough to fight off the evil toxins.

I have the same problem...my doctor thinks I may either have fibromyalgia or lyme disease...I don't know about that though. I do know that I feel like crap most of the time and have no energy...I'm 19 too and feel like I'm 89. I have to get some blood tests taken to see what's wrong with me :shrug:

Do you feel better in the evening after 8:00 pm and way more tired in the morning and afternoon?

this used to be the case with me though not so much in recent weeks.

Is this a symptom of what is called 'functional' hypoglycemia?

You might be hypoglyemic.

Hypoglycemia usually causes hunger even when you're stuffed.

And also fatigue is a mix of uneven blood sugar and adrenal exhaustation.

I agree (especially how you describe the hunger). What is your diet specifically like? How long have you felt like this? How exactly do you feel shitty when you feel that hunger? Is it normally alleviated after eating? How often do you eat? How is your mood?

The symptoms of hypoglycemia can really vary in its degree (especially to be tested for a medical diagnosis) and I've had very similar symptoms as you to varying degrees (got worse as I got older) except for the throwing up part. My doc dismissed me too when I was younger, but am almost certain I have "reactive" hypoglycemia.

Since cutting out/significantly limiting grains and sugar months ago, I actually felt normal and "balanced" for the first time in my life since early childhood maybe. I could actually start going for hours w/o eating and feel what it was like to actually be truly hungry versus "unbalanced" and weak needing food to alleviate it. More energy too, no more mood swings. I've since experimented more w/ higher starch or glycemic foods and found I can't take them at all (even 100 calories a day taken with other foods) in order to feel optimum.

If you (or anyone else with similar symptoms) think it could be hypoglycemia (read up on it if unfamiliar, don't judge based on my account), I'd suggest try experimenting w/ the recommended diets for it and diabetics and KEEP A FOOD & SYMPTOM LOG.

That all said, fatigue seems like a symptom for almost anything so you really have to evaluate all your symptoms, etc.

Yes because when one has a problem keeping blood sugar under control it tends to become more even as more time has passed since we woke up (in order words since the night fasting)

So usually people with reactive uneven blood sugar feel especially tired in the morning, especially drowsy and sleepy after lunch and little by little as night approach and after dinner the "fog" lifts. Not only their blood sugar is less crazy but their insulin sensitivity increases at evening as well.

Yes because when one has a problem keeping blood sugar under control it tends to become more even as more time has passed since we woke up (in order words since the night fasting)

So usually people with reactive uneven blood sugar feel especially tired in the morning, especially drowsy and sleepy after lunch and little by little as night approach and after dinner the "fog" lifts. Not only their blood sugar is less crazy but their insulin sensitivity increases at evening as well.

Wow, this describes exactly how I was and still am but to a much, much smaller degree since changing my diet.

One thing that occurs to me: have you been checked for anemia or iron deficiency? After I started taking an iron supplement (I take Floradix), I was pleasantly surprised to find my energy level improved. I hadn't realized I was iron-deficient, but I guess I must have been.

Guest Stu :-)

what would you suggest to help this problem? i feel the same way the original poster does and i also get ibs. cant tell if i have candida or not? i seem to have vague symtoms of everything.

what would you suggest to help this problem? i feel the same way the original poster does and i also get ibs. cant tell if i have candida or not? i seem to have vague symtoms of everything.

Ever happened to you that someone is speaking so fast that the amount of information at one time is too much too handle and you become confused and didn't get a word?

This is how the body of someone with poor blood sugar control reacts.

Absorption is too quick so you have an instantenous "high" wich urge a massive lowering, too massive and do you get "low" ... till the cycle begins again.

The solution is to stop the instantaneous high by decreasing absorption.

There are 4 strategies that allow a decrease in absorption:

1) Eat less at each sitting. If eating less at each meal makes you undereat on calories then you must eat less but increase the amount of meals.

1b) Never skip breakfast

1c) Being more glucose tolerant late in the day have less carbohydrates (fruits, grains) for breakfast and more protein/fat. Conversely you can have less protein/fat at dinner and night and more fruits and grains.

2) When you eat carbohydrates (beans, grains, flour products, fruits) eat protein and/or fat with them. (protein delay absorption and fat delays gastrict emptying)

An aproximate guideline is 5 grams of protein every 15 grams of carbohydrates.

3) Increase your fiber intake (soluble fibers delays glucose absorption and gastrict emptying)

Try to consume fibrous food at every meal

4) Eat your carbs and protein with vegetables (i.e. brown rice with veggies, steak with stir fry)

5) Drink more through the day (instead of a lot in one sitting)

Don't drink fruit juices or dilute them 50% with water

I have exactly the same problem. Im always tired in the morning + afternoon (could literally fall asleep) but in the evenings im really awake. Can't sleep until 2am!!

My other problems are dry lips, easily scarred skin, lack of motivation, and really weak immune system (i seem to have allergies to everything nowdays)! If i take anything with vitamin a in it (such as a multivitamin) i feel really ill/tired afterwards. I too am pretty young (21)

Reactive hypoglycemia comes about from eating something high in carbs. Frequently it is a precursor to diabetes. It indicates that your body already is confused about how to release insulin and has a strange abnormal reaction to eating high high carb foods. The normal body releases just enough insulin to make the blood sugar normal. The body with reactive hypoglycemia releases MORE insulin than needed and thus makes the blood sugar drop precipitously within half hour or more after consuming a high sugar food.

I had that diagnosis. NOW I have full blown diabetes at age 40 (diet controlled, thank god). Be careful. If you have unexplained weight loss, constant hunger, a lot of thirst, excessive urination, and sometimes light colored urine (sometimes it will be frothy due to ketosis) and dry skin or itchy skin, please go to your doctor to see if you have diabetes. Even just two or three of the preceding symptoms should make you consider going to a doctor.

• Eat 6 or so small meals a day to maintain your blood sugar level throughout the day.
  • Avoid high sugar foods.
  • Follow a moderately high protein diet with low to moderate carb intake.
  • Drink a lot of fluids. A study I read in nursing school indicated that as many as 85% of Americans are clinically dehydrated! Dehydration leads to mental fatigue, fogginess, tiredness, lethargy.

Thanks danny, makes a lot of sense. However, is there a fix to this? im kinda thinking about following a raw food diet. It will take me a while to convert over, and does take a bit of prep work. Im going to do some research and see if my body is full of toxins. I have just bought some Oxy powder too, time for a clear out..

Thanks danny, makes a lot of sense. However, is there a fix to this?

Those strategies are already a fix.

When the problem is a lack of balance the only solution is mantaining the balance.

Just like (stupid example) if you eat toxic mushrooms you get sick ... the solution is not to find a drug that allow you to tolerate toxic mushrooms but to stop eating toxic mushrooms :)

im kinda thinking about following a raw food diet. It will take me a while to convert over, and does take a bit of prep work. Im going to do some research and see if my body is full of toxins. I have just bought some Oxy powder too, time for a clear out..

I don't think a raw diet is necessary.

I respect those who choose to follow such diet and there are indeed genuine testimonials of people feeling very good and restoring their health. But many people of the raw crown feel very good as long as they start as obese but as soon as they lose their weight most tend to add cooked food to their diet as they don't feel goo anymore. The exceptions are people who live in tropical areas or islands. They indeed mantain a 100% raw diet long term with real benefits. So I guess it's a mix of climatic factors (less calories are needed to warm the body) and micronutrients variety of fresh tropical fruits and nuts. Many people doing raw in their western cities end up consuming the same foods reducing too much the nutrient diversity of their diet.

While there's truth in the theory that cooking denaturated the food you eat and destroy several nutrients, it depends on what kind of food and what kind of cooking.

For example there's no reason to believe that cooked greens are unhealthy or toxic or less nutritious. In the case of greens (especially dark greens and cruciferous) cooking allow a decrease in volume and hence an higher intake of nutrients not less. The villain in cooking are frying, roasting, grilling and to a less extent baking. On the other hand steaming and boiling are benign.

If you think a following a raw diet to improve your health I suggest you a diet which take advantage of the benefit of eating raw food but doesn't throw the baby with the bath water.

The Rave Diet

Ever happened to you that someone is speaking so fast that the amount of information at one time is too much too handle and you become confused and didn't get a word?

This is how the body of someone with poor blood sugar control reacts.

Absorption is too quick so you have an instantenous "high" wich urge a massive lowering, too massive and do you get "low" ... till the cycle begins again.

Wow, you just described me word for word! I thought I had a mild case of ADD lol... This, and the being tired during morning and day time then hyper in the evenings..... wow. I had no idea this was caused by blood sugar/insulin levels...

I had no idea this was caused by blood sugar/insulin levels...

Also known as the roller-coaster or Dr. Jekill and Mr. Hide syndrome :D

(people with uneven blood sugars claim that probably the vial of Dr. Jekill contained nothing but pure sucrose ;))

Cheers Danny, your help and knowledge is much appreciated!! I don;'t honestly think i could of gone over to a 100% Raw diet anyhow, my lifestyle and fast metabolism would mean id have to devoult everything to it and nothing else! well for a while anyways.. I think ill strike the the happy medium and go for good foods with some raw.

Bloody sugar thing makes sense now. I guess its just messed up from the abuse in the past. One more thing, im sure you have commented already on it, but what do you think of LiverFlushes? I don;t consider my diet to be that bad already to be honest and i still flag through the day though :wacko:

So i have some Oxy Powder and waiting on deleiver of humaworm and give the system a good clean out before hand

Bloody sugar thing makes sense now. I guess its just messed up from the abuse in the past. One more thing, im sure you have commented already on it, but what do you think of LiverFlushes?

I just don't know.

I have not found a convincing explanation as to why they should work nor studies showing they do (just because I haven't found them it doesn't mean they don't exist or maybe they are just an ignored subject) but on the other hand for many people they just do work because the benefits are concrete and measurable and this of course can't be dismissed.

Bloody sugar thing makes sense now. I guess its just messed up from the abuse in the past. One more thing, im sure you have commented already on it, but what do you think of LiverFlushes?

I just don't know.

I have not found a convincing explanation as to why they should work nor studies showing they do (just because I haven't found them it doesn't mean they don't exist or maybe they are just an ignored subject) but on the other hand for many people they just do work because the benefits are concrete and measurable and this of course can't be dismissed.

Have you tried this argument? http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=331733

its basically some curezone guy (Dushan Stojkovic) answering the questions from sites that tell you liverflushing is complete quackery..

whether it actually works would take a bit of research on chemistry/biology on the facts given in the argument i guess. I will probably start some after my cleanse

Probably diet, I've recently changed my diet and am feeling a lot more energized.

I just don't know.

Have you tried this argument? http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=331733

its basically some curezone guy (Dushan Stojkovic) answering the questions from sites that tell you liverflushing is complete quackery..

whether it actually works would take a bit of research on chemistry/biology on the facts given in the argument i guess. I will probably start some after my cleanse

Interesting.

I agree with the premise, in fact not only if they work we are more likely to see studies-evidence in 50-100 years but actually we're likely to never see studies-evidence.

The reason is simple. There's no incentive and funding for researching something that may cure several problems just using cheap ingredients we can find everywhere. And ven genuine studies by self-funded naturopaths are not going to pass the peer review and publishing process. I admit I don't know much about gallstones and liver flushes. The arguments are interesting and so are the testomonials but I would still not totally at ease with the idea of trying. It sounds like it may be painful and dangerous in same cases and also salt is very toxic, a literal poison and the preferred suicide choice for years (salted water)

Since you're particularly interesting in the subjects and have already researched both sides of the debate on the net, keep us updated with a "liver flush report" with all the new information you find out in your researches and/or experiments.