Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you ever considered suicide as a way to rid acne and scars from your life?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever considered suicide as a way to rid acne and scars from your life?

• Yes, I have attempted
    • Yes, I have seriously considered it
    • Yes, the thought has crossed my mind
    • No

Scars aren't necessarily a bad thing. Seems like some of you are letting this dictate how you live your lives. I read these threads about people being depressed about their scars with some even considering suicide. There are worse things in this world than acne and scars. Sure you may feel self - concious and your relationships may suffer. Sure you may get rude remarks. But remember, there are people who suffer much more serious and devastating fates. And trust me I have suffered from acne and scars as a teenager. I don't feel sorry for you guys I feel sorry that our society is run on first impressions. And its really unfortunate that everyone is so shallow. Sure a couple of procedures to boost self - confidence is great. But constantly chasing the impossible is truly wasting your time on earth. Stop thinking about yourself and make the world a better place than you left it. Nothing is going to bring back that chunk of skin that you've lost from trauma, acne, etc.. And really Is this constant pursuit of perfection even worth it in the end?

I had some depression before I had scars but....I got my scars not because i was healthy and tralalalala bad genetics but because I had a temporary illness that wrecked me and now i have to stare at the horrible reminders among other things..

I have a chicken pox scar that's a lot more obvious than the acne scars and it doesn't bug me at all, I kind of like it....but the scars from acne are like constant reminders of a very shitty time in my life, like looking at your attacker in the face over and over and over and over again.....:wall:

Not feeling is an easier way to go through life :neutral:

Trying, trying your damn best to fix what's holding you back is harder than giving up, and we'll all die anyway so why not try, even if it takes awhile, and maybe there's something good waiting down the line :pray:

Guest Scorpioness
Scars aren't necessarily a bad thing. Seems like some of you are letting this dictate how you live your lives. I read these threads about people being depressed about their scars with some even considering suicide. There are worse things in this world than acne and scars. Sure you may feel self - concious and your relationships may suffer. Sure you may get rude remarks.  But remember, there are people who suffer much more serious and devastating fates. And trust me I have suffered from acne and scars as a teenager. I don't feel sorry for you guys I feel sorry that our society is run on first impressions. And its really unfortunate that everyone is so shallow. Sure a couple of procedures to boost self - confidence is great. <b>But constantly chasing the impossible is truly wasting your time on earth. Stop thinking about yourself and make the world a better place than you left it.  Nothing is going to bring back that chunk of skin that you've lost from trauma, acne, etc.. And really Is this constant pursuit of perfection even worth it in the end?</b>

Whatever that if you belive in god..The only way I ever do suicide is when I lost all hope and that do suicide not think about doing it, If I'm going to think about suicide I will do it without a second thought, but that when I lost hope and can't fix the problem! but frist I would go to the bank and take all my money out and give it to my family,sister mom and dad ect..then I would kill myself, but I guess it would be easyer for me cuz I don't belive in gods,lost faith year ago cuz all of the pain that I went too. nothingness sound good in a way..

#1 ... Work on making your physical self VERY FIT & HEALTHY. Lose weight; get

your teeth shining; hair cut right etc etc ... #2 ... GO SLOW fixing your skin.

DON'T RUSH into stuff .... drink WATER & EAT HEALTHY & EXERCISE. See a derm.

#3 .... Like I said before .... I had a accident that left my left Big Toe looking bad.

It's now very normal looking? No drugs etc ... I just pamper it ... Go get a pedicure. Saw a foot DR about 5-6 times. Keep the nail short etc .... But that's

not my ream point: My Dr told me that EVEN IF I LOST THE NAIL IT WOULD STILL

REGROW EXACTLY AS BEFORE. In other words, nature will lay your skin down

as before, acne scars & all. The Big But is that you can IMPROVE on your skin.

For some, a dermabrasion. After that, maybe a filler. Your non-scar areas will

improve a lot. But don't go crazy. And #4 .... I agree with the psych-pep talk:

get out, dance, drink, make fun. TALK to people. JUST DO IT. Again, don't go

crazy with this advice, but just FORCE yourself to smile etc etc. YOU know what

I mean. And do all these 4 things now, at once. Don't put it off forever.

I like the way you think! their alway hope! and who know stem cell reseach could be approve in the future, if we don't vote for Bush! and stem cell reseach could help us grow new skin! think about it! new skin not old but brand new skin. reseach show that stem cell can be turn into any type of human part! bb_eusa_pray.gif

Sorry but i can't escape my horribe depression acne/and scars happen to people for diff reasons...my family has amazing skin i had beutiful skin too but eating soy which caused temporary hypothyroidism and thus cysts and scars and damaged my perfect teeth has ruined my life. end of story. it's not vanity it's health. i would be healthy and great looking now and not stuck on this site. this is NOT how I was meant to look like i was model before and I didn't abuse myself or anything I ate what is reported as a "healthy food." LIES that ruined my life. it;'s horrible meeting yet another family memevr and seing that everyone has exceptionally gorgeous sin and I would have had that too. and it sucks having a dentist tell you your teeth are some of the most beautiful he's seen only to know they and your gums are damaged and have to go through countless very painful repairs and it sux because great health=very good looking=not preoccupied with flaws=HAPPY.

I know how you feel! I use to have great skin too. and the pretty girl alway ask me out,but now I don't, I hate that. god dam acne!and for this reason I think about suicide! I want my face back damit! the girl use to think I was so fine and now I lost it. It's really suck cuz I was a very good looking guy. You don't know what you miss untell you lost it! Fuckk!!! Picking up girl use to be so easy for me but now I can't still to look at myself!! I will never be happy again untell I get my skin back! so if I can't get my skin at less 90% better I going to comment suicide! fuck life if I can't be at my best! I don't want to be anyone eles just the best I can be, and if I can't have that then I rather die!

Life is Cold. i cud relate to u Tin. i have a GANK of pits so close they create a complete circle on my right cheek. im on dat HA Pill and serum Regime. as for as Suicide goes , it has cRoss my mind but before i do ANythin drastic i get STONED and forget about everything bb_icon_mrgreen.gif . High skool is suppose to fun . wherre u meet chicks and be social. but I Never was a social kid and acne Scars just made it worst. Senior year starts in 5 weeks and im trying to Getta Tattoo Gun so i cud WOrk on my pits !

Can anyone suggest a site where i can ordeR a ONE . DanKS

The post by Scorpion Vixen really hit home with me. I have become so familiar with that feeling of wanting to just disappear in the company of somebody who can't keep eye contact with me. You didn't say it exactly that way, but I could tell by what you wrote that it was the exact same feeling that I get several times a day lately since I started working in a fluorescent office. My supervisor at work does it constantly, and it makes me avoid him because it creeps me out so bad. Even people who I think are my good friends or my family do it lately. My skin must be getting worse or something. It makes me wonder if these people really care about me, because they must know that it causes me deep pain when they do that. It's just rude. I would never do that to somebody.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have thought about suicide many times, and still do. Sometimes I even fantasize about the method that I would use. I have serious depression, though, and had it even before the acne scars. I think there are a few reasons why I never go through with it. One is that I still have hope that I can improve my appearance and live a normal life. Another is that I still find a lot of enjoyment in life despite everything. Life is interesting at least. It might be horribly painful at times, but even pain I think is better than the nonexistence that I believe awaits us after death.

Somebody said something about giving on a previous post. That is a big thing. Doing something for other people takes us outside of our own self-pity. That Derek guy mentioned exercise and taking care of ourselves. I find that exercise is a good natural remedy for depression. Also, I hate to say it, but I have had some temporary relief with antidepressants - I took paxil for a few months about two years ago, and it really helped to get me out of my head and into life again. There are side-effects, though, and I'm not encouraging anybody to run out and take drugs. I am wary of the long-term consequences of using prescription psychoactive drugs. I haven't smoked pot in a few years, but that DEFINITELY makes depression worse. Well, it did for me anyway. It's antisocial.

Other things have inspired me lately too. Sometimes I meet somebody with acne scars who is amazing in their personality or their abilities in other areas, and I realize that often it is the way we carry ourselves that affects the way people perceive us. It is difficult with acne and scars to feel confidence. There are constant challenges, people will purposely try to "put you in your place" on the social hierarchy at times, it takes a great deal of inner-strength sometimes, but you can be beautiful and inspiring and charismatic despite your defects. Don't allow yourself to become a victim, or maybe learn to turn your victim-ness into a strength. Yes, appearances are important in our society and in our reality in general...it's part of our evolutionary make-up, part of humanity, but it's not everything for sure. There are certainly very good strong people out there in the world, people with spirits that run very deep. You have to get out there to find them of course. As I get older, I seem to meet more people like this. I also say develop your mind. If you can talk somebody in circles, they won't have a chance to notice your scars. cool.gif

Wow john, that's such an inspiring post...even made me get teary. I suffered from mild depression before the acne and the scars so of course now, it's out of hand. It's funny but I still graduated college with honors blah blah blah even tho it was insanely difficult at times to concentrate.

i hate veering back and forth from wanting plain old superficial fun and beauty again etc...and realizing thta yeah all that is superficial bunk but the problem for me is how can I "develop my mind" if it's consumed with hate for these scars, never ending regret and trying desperately to fix myself enough so that my mind can be free to do other things???

Basically I feel trapped, like what's the point of extraneous success when i'll just go back to bed thoroughly unhappy with myself.

Anyway speaking of situations that make you feel uneasy, even tho my boyfriend's a great guy i felt like hanging myself when a week before a major job interview he said, oh and wear makeup for that. like what the F is that supposed to mean...may be I took it the wrong way and may be i'm cynical but i feel like giving up on relationships no matter how good they are because I'm just so maddeningly unhappy with my appearance now that it makes me a drag to be with . Plus i;m terrified of the day when he or someone will say something about my scars. it hasn''t happened yet but...I honestly can't imagine going thru life with this sort of constant pain... I know other people have it too but that makes me feel worse. i had my pics up before but I took 'em down, my skin looks disturbingly good in them and the last thing I want is to show some skewed image of me.

ugh chloe i can so relate to the "wear make up for that" comment.. yesterday when i was making my appointment to see dr y, my brother over heard me scheduling it, and after i got off the phone he basically jumped all over me for wanting to improve my skin. this coming from someone with no scars sad.gif he said 'you just need soem make up' i mean wtf? why is it these people think that wearing make up is going to make things so much better? i mean dont they even care how having this shit makes us feel? anyways.. sorry you had to go through that, it hurts like hell i know sad.gif

i felt like telling my b-freind why don't you just f-ing dump me then? anyway I refuse to wear much makeup, forget it...if you've seen my other posts i had an illness temporarily that caused the skin damage and i feel like hey, THIS is what it caused i'm not going to friggin' hide it. Sometimes i feel like making a bitch comment but why go down to other people's level? (like if someone was to say something negative abot my skin i'd shoot back..yeah well i was modeling before I got sick..YOU on the other hand in perfect condition and good skin STILL aren't good looking, so take your genetically inferior self and... go F yourself). <----sounds bitter right!

also, don't you hate the irony of maeup ONLY looking convincing if you've already got perfect skin??

you and i are alot alike chloe.. i feel exactly the same as you. i refuse to wear make up due to what ive gone through as well. honestly though.. have u thought about going to dr y? ive seen the pics of your scars, an they are super minor, i bet he could take care of them easily, so you dont have to deal with worrying about them. personally my scars are a daily reminder of the awful shit ive been through.. so im hopeful dr y will take that away smile.gif mkae up looks like shit on me i think. ive vowed not to wear it until my skin looks good. (like before i had health problems) sad.gif

You have seen my pics? actually i think you're confusing me with chloev i thin? there are two of us, I had my pictures up a while back but then took them down! maybe I should repost? except they don't show my scars really>

I recommend jogging. It's a much better high, and it will help you to develop well-defined calf muscles at the same time. Look man, life is not over!!! You are in a slump, you need a real friend to talk to. It's always up and down, up and down. That's just the way life is. You have to fight sometimes to stay alive. You have to have hope too, and humor, however dark it is. Dude, you have to laugh at yourself. It's not that serious, and I think when I'm down, I'm making a choice to be that way. I choose to indulge in self-pity and self-loathing sometimes, but it gets me nowhere. You gotta say "fuck it" and move on. Make the best of it.

chloe, i think i saw them right in the beginning when you first came to the board, from what i remember they really looked minor.. an i think your gonna get some awesome improvement with whatever you do... an i think even if people have minor scarring (mine isnt severe at all) maybe they should look into treatments a little more invasive (im going for dermabrasion) mainly because it does get dramatic improvement (if the doc is good of course) an theres less pain of waiting long time periods for non invasive stuff to work sad.gif

chloe my life happened just like yours sad.gif

I got temporary sickness hypertiroide(sorry my spelling is bad) and it ruined my life, all in a matter of 3 months, i used to be outgoing and all, i had girls behind me all the time, and now i just hide at home.

I just find it weird how it also happened to me.

I have tought of suicide, many times but i'm too afraid to do it, also i love my mom and sister too much.

I think what has really been hurt is my self-esteem, how i think about things now, like not going into bright places, using my hair to cover my face( i'm a guy) and not playing with my band anymore. My family also has great skin, no real acne problems, i am the only scarred person and it sucks really, i plan on moving to the states or UK just so i can start over with my life as a new face in a new place.

Still i start working next week for planning a dermabrasion with Dr.Y, might as well go for the best treatment available with the best doctor. Sucks too take pictures and send them because i don't even want to see my face at times.

It has sadly inspired me... one of my new songs is called "wounds heal, scars are forever", i hope i'm mistaken.