Notifications
Clear all

Need a place to start in order to get rid of your red marks from acne?

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 06/13/2007 5:22 pm

Hey guys and girls,

This article has a good summary of what really works for red marks. I advise each one of you to read it for more information: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2...gmentation.html

MemberMember
(@truman-gerdfunge)

Posted : 06/14/2007 4:09 am

very cool

t'was a good read indeed!!!

MemberMember
(@dreamer_22)

Posted : 06/14/2007 6:30 am

thanks!

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 07/12/2007 5:43 pm

You're welcome! It's a great starting guide for our forum users when it comes to red marks.

MemberMember
(@inrepair)

Posted : 07/12/2007 7:01 pm

Does anyone know if the products they recommended for the AHA products are any good?

Popular AHA products for hyperpigmentation include HumiNature Aha! Face Toner, Skin Medica Rejuvenative Toner, SkinCeuticals Equalizing Toner, Rejuvenating Lotion-15% AHA by Refinity, Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion, and Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA.
MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 07/12/2007 10:30 pm

I know that Refinity Rejuvenating Lotion - 15% has good reviews mostly. On Amazon it has 5 stars (Not many reviews though). Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-...customerReviews

Here are some other reviews:

http://www.dermstore.com/reviews_Refinity_100144.htm

Hope that helps a bit!

MemberMember
(@inrepair)

Posted : 07/13/2007 5:05 pm

omg that stuff is not cheap

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 07/15/2007 12:52 am

No, it's pretty up there. Have you tried any other treatments mentioned in the article?

MemberMember
(@inrepair)

Posted : 07/16/2007 1:56 pm

No I haven't tried anything else, I've heard a lot about the AHA Enhanced Lotion but not sure how good it is.

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 07/18/2007 6:23 am

I am not sure about AHA Enhanced Lotion, but why don't you start with cheaper methods such as diluted ACV?

Depending on how bad your red marks are, maybe alternate a couple peels every two/three weeks with ACV.

MemberMember
(@especial)

Posted : 08/09/2007 6:00 pm

thanks

MemberMember
(@dogluver323)

Posted : 08/11/2007 1:11 am

I am not sure about AHA Enhanced Lotion, but why don't you start with cheaper methods such as diluted ACV?

Depending on how bad your red marks are, maybe alternate a couple peels every two/three weeks with ACV.

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 08/13/2007 5:07 pm

Hi Dogluver,

If you are interested in doing peels yourself, I recommend a mild/moderate TCA peel. Here is a great site with directions on how to do a peel; also, a lot of members here have purchased from them so their products are legit: http://www.platinumskincare.com/product_im...ions/20tca.html

(Please do not confuse doing a TCA cross with a TCA peel when reading this site. They are different procedures with different risks)

As far as the MaMa lotion, I have been dying to try it for some time now. I just purchased it not too long ago, but it was a gift for my aunt who lives overseas. I wanted to keep it so bad!

As a result, I can't personally tell you what I think about it. I do know that a lot of people swear by it from reading their posts here. You might want to do a search for "MaMa lotion" in our forum in order to read some of the replies.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@dogluver323)

Posted : 08/13/2007 8:37 pm

Hi Dogluver,

If you are interested in doing peels yourself, I recommend a mild/moderate TCA peel. Here is a great site with directions on how to do a peel; also, a lot of members here have purchased from them so their products are legit: http://www.platinumskincare.com/product_im...ions/20tca.html

(Please do not confuse doing a TCA cross with a TCA peel when reading this site. They are different procedures with different risks)

As far as the MaMa lotion, I have been dying to try it for some time now. I just purchased it not too long ago, but it was a gift for my aunt who lives overseas. I wanted to keep it so bad!

As a result, I can't personally tell you what I think about it. I do know that a lot of people swear by it from reading their posts here. You might want to do a search for "MaMa lotion" in our forum in order to read some of the replies.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sam-in-atlanta)

Posted : 08/14/2007 4:27 pm

Thanks for that article! The proportions for the ACV mixture confused me. Two parts water to two parts vinegar is synonymous with a half & half mixture, right? It just seemed odd that it was phrased that way.

MemberMember
(@sugarapple)

Posted : 08/15/2007 9:01 am

Thanks for that article! The proportions for the ACV mixture confused me. Two parts water to two parts vinegar is synonymous with a half & half mixture, right? It just seemed odd that it was phrased that way.
MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 08/15/2007 9:38 am

MemberMember
(@nicol)

Posted : 08/25/2007 3:38 pm

Hello

i am having 2-3 years old red marks and the are the same as they were 3 years ago.

Reason: acne comes on coming on the same mark( or a big red SCAR i should call). My whole right cheek is full of it. The most irritating thing is that the acne lasts for 3-4 months . Sometimes i feel that it is not the mark but the same acne settled on the skin. I have taken all types of medicines ( zinc based etc etc). The acne goes while i take them but as soon as i stop them , they reappear and that too stronger and denser that before.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP!!

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 09/01/2007 9:28 pm

Hello

i am having 2-3 years old red marks and the are the same as they were 3 years ago.

Reason: acne comes on coming on the same mark( or a big red SCAR i should call). My whole right cheek is full of it. The most irritating thing is that the acne lasts for 3-4 months . Sometimes i feel that it is not the mark but the same acne settled on the skin. I have taken all types of medicines ( zinc based etc etc). The acne goes while i take them but as soon as i stop them , they reappear and that too stronger and denser that before.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP!!

MemberMember
(@sammyd)

Posted : 09/02/2007 3:48 am

Hi there,

I have been on accutane for a month now and my acne is not really subsiding yet. My red marks from my very first spots have not faded even slightly either.

I have lots of dark red marks that are flat against the skin (not pitted) and these scars make my skin look much worse than it actually is.

Can I use any products or do any treatments whilst on accutane?

My skin is very similar to yours- in fact I live in hope that after five months mine will look as yours did after 5 months.

Sam x

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 09/22/2007 10:53 pm

Hi Sammy,

I am not sure who you are talking to when you say your skin looked similar, but I wish you well with the healing of your red marks. Since you are still on Accutane, I would definitely double check with your derm before trying any of the products recommended in the article. As you probably know Accutane decelerates skin's healing ability, so it is best to always double check with your derm.

MemberMember
(@acneblue)

Posted : 10/27/2007 3:57 am

The only thing i can recommend for red marks left from acne is topical vitamin-C. It regenerates collagen on depressed scars and hastens the repair of damaged skin cells. I have a do it yourself instruction on my blog on how to make a homemade topical-vitamin-C

MemberMember
(@drmemo)

Posted : 12/14/2007 11:22 pm

hi,

i'ma 16 years old guy and i have a mild bit of acne on my face and some on my chest and shoulders also. it makes me wanna die, cuz it looks so weird, i dont wanna even look in the miror in the morning. im 2 embarrased 2 talk 2 my 'rents bout it, and i wanna fix my skin in secret but i dont have a bank account or credit card, or even much money, so i cant order anything good online. i tried benzol perokside from walmart but it didn't help. i once heard sumething about baking soda or vinigar...? plz sumbody help me, im taking a beating at school for it.

thanx

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 12/16/2007 3:45 pm

Hi Drmemo,

Welcome to our forum!

This section is for getting rid of red marks after acne. Make sure you check out different titles around the forum because I am sure you will find a lot of help.

I advise you to talk to your parents about your skin. They may be very understanding and take you to the dermatologist who will be more likely to assist you. I know it can be embarrassing, but you will feel much better after opening up to them.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@drmemo)

Posted : 12/19/2007 12:37 am

OK, sorry bout that. I used 2 be on the forum then it changed its format and i got kicked off it by accident. i had a different name tho.