Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl smooth

So Is It Bad To Use A LOT of bp?

Been on the regimen for about 2 1/2 years.

So far, the only thing that works is more bp and more bp and more bp.

My current regimen now includes putting on an extreme amount of BP in the morning.

At night, I apply a lot of 10% BP and let it dry on my face. Then I use a lot of dan's BP. Then I apply one more layer of 10% and go to sleep.

My skin isn't really irritated because I suppose my face has gotten used to BP over the years.

But I'm wondering, is it unhealthy/bad to use that much BP?

Because it's really the only thing that's kept me acne-free.

Thanks.

Problem with benzoyl peroxide is it's drying effect. I am no expert but I can't see how it can really hurt you if your skin doesn't dry out excessively or feel uncomfortable in any way.

I am doubting however the effectiveness of using Dan's 2.5% BP on top of a 10% one. Still if it keeps you completely acne free without any tangible side effects for your skin I'd stick with it but like I said I'm not an expert.

If you need to have three layers of BP on just to control your acne (that is, you can't get by with just a fat finger of Dan's gel twice a day), then your acne is probably too severe to ever be controlled by topical BP. Is it bad to use that much BP (I'm guessing that you're probably using about 3 or 4 times as much as a typical regimen user)? I don't know, probably not, but if you have to use as much as you do, then you would certainly be better off in the long run with a more aggressive and lasting treatment like accutane. I think you should see a dermatologist and let them know how much BP you use to keep your face as it is.

BP is a chemical... its not such a good idea to put tons of chemicals on your face, especially benzoyl peroxide

i cant imagine using 10% BP all over the face... im already slightly dry from 2.5%

well just be cautious about using too much... it might be bad for your skin on the long run

Been on the regimen for about 2 1/2 years.

So far, the only thing that works is more bp and more bp and more bp.

My current regimen now includes putting on an extreme amount of BP in the morning.

At night, I apply a lot of 10% BP and let it dry on my face. Then I use a lot of dan's BP. Then I apply one more layer of 10% and go to sleep.

My skin isn't really irritated because I suppose my face has gotten used to BP over the years.

But I'm wondering, is it unhealthy/bad to use that much BP?

Because it's really the only thing that's kept me acne-free.

Thanks.

Why dont you just buy Dans cleanser and then use bp as a spot treatment at night