Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In about a week, I will have my first TCA peel, and the nurse informed me that it will be 40-45%, depending on what my dermatologist decides for my case.

I would love to hear about others' experiences with the above. To address ice pick acne scars as well as red marks, I am having a combination of VBeam PDL, as well as TCA peels. I'm on Day 6 of my first VBeam treatment! :)

In about a week, I will have my first TCA peel, and the nurse informed me that it will be 40-45%, depending on what my dermatologist decides for my case.

I would love to hear about others' experiences with the above. To address ice pick acne scars as well as red marks, I am having a combination of VBeam PDL, as well as TCA peels. I'm on Day 6 of my first VBeam treatment! :)

Why such a strong peel? From what I have read, when you go above a 35% TCA peel there is a significant risk of scarring without any appreciable benefit, and peels are typically ineffective in treating scars anyway.

Don't do it. That's WAY too strong for a facial TCA peel. You are asking for further scars and nasty hyperpigmentation that might not heal.

I had a 50 % TCA peel. Recovery was horrible and very long, about 3 weeks, I got one major scar from the peel and pigmentation. I am having fraxel now to improve my skin and repair damage not only from acne but also from the TCA peel. Recovering from fraxel was nothing compared to recovery from the TCA peel. I would never do it again.

Oh my goodness, this is horrifying. Has ANYONE had a good experience after a 40-45% TCA peel? Or any TCA peel?

The nurse informed me that the brand of the peel is MCC.

Oh my goodness, this is horrifying. Has ANYONE had a good experience after a 40-45% TCA peel? Or any TCA peel?

The nurse informed me that the brand of the peel is MCC.

Thank you for this information.

For a TCA peel performed by a dermatologist (not the stuff purchased off eBay), what is the typical percentage?

Oh wow, I had to look "xanthelasma" up - scary images. I've seen almost unanimously-awful accounts on TCA peels. Positive reviews and experiences for them tend to be the exception rather than the rule.

Doctors have huge egos about alternate suggestions. I have to wonder if she's ever given a peel with such a high percentage before? Oh - and the reason the nurse cited the brand of the TCA was because I asked.

Oh wow, I had to look "xanthelasma" up - scary images. I've seen almost unanimously-awful accounts on TCA peels. Positive reviews and experiences for them tend to be the exception rather than the rule.

Doctors have huge egos about alternate suggestions. I have to wonder if she's ever given a peel with such a high percentage before? Oh - and the reason the nurse cited the brand of the TCA was because I asked.

I repeat, please do not go through with this.

And be on guard: modern day physicians will sugar coat most everything to try to weaken your common sense defenses.

I repeat, please do not go through with this.

And be on guard: modern day physicians will sugar coat most everything to try to weaken your common sense defenses.

I'm relieved with your decision not to go through with this treatment. :) I hope you are!

would a 20-25% peel not be effective with less risks or is there still big chance of hyperpigmentation??

would a 20-25% peel not be effective with less risks or is there still big chance of hyperpigmentation??

Didn't you also have 100% TCA CROSS done? I think I read of your experiences in one of the TCA threads. Did you like the results?

If you've got darker skin, I'd not really feel comfortable recommending any peel unless it were very superficial.

If you've got lighter skin and prepped it as recommended for at least two weeks with another light strength toner type AHA, or a strong OTC retinoid for a month, then that strength of TCA peel (20% - 30%) might be effective. That is what I'll be trying in a month or so just for the fun of it.

I think ill be doing a 25% peel shortly. only thing is i needled around 2 weeks ago. how long should i wait ?

I think ill be doing a 25% peel shortly. only thing is i needled around 2 weeks ago. how long should i wait ?

Didn't you also have 100% TCA CROSS done? I think I read of your experiences in one of the TCA threads. Did you like the results?

If you've got darker skin, I'd not really feel comfortable recommending any peel unless it were very superficial.

If you've got lighter skin and prepped it as recommended for at least two weeks with another light strength toner type AHA, or a strong OTC retinoid for a month, then that strength of TCA peel (20% - 30%) might be effective. That is what I'll be trying in a month or so just for the fun of it.