Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Mandy's Infamous Accutane Log

I've had this rash since my face cleared up on minocyline, about 2 1/2-3 months ago maybe?.... only I thought at first that it was just post acne marks. Then I realized it definitely wasn't... ESPESSIALLY lately. I have 2 appointments set up in the next couple months with 2 different doctors for this rash... hopefully shit will get figured out out and I can live a happy life again lol.

Hey Mandy it's been awhile. I'm hoping for the best for you, I know this sucks teh kawk :( It's BS when your skin just explodes out of nowhere...

You're still so fucking hot though :drool: In fact I've got a hard on as I type this. I hope that doesnt offend you.

I will check back gain soon. :)

-Kyle ;)

hahaha ! yeah girls love to hear that. lol i'm going to use that line

DAY 43

Things are still the same and I'm still feeling pretty down about everything. I decided that i'm going to become antisocial again and just stay in my house.. because now its getting to the point where this rash is getting so red, it shows right through even the thickest makeup i've used. Other than that.. nothing really to report. The rash still is getting worse and I noticed something strange O_O .. its starting to sort of shine. I don't know how to explain it, but when I went in my bright bathroom lighting to look at my skin.. parts of the rash reflected a weird almost silvery looking shine... sorry if that doesn't make sence... I don't know how else to describe it.

Oh btw, I saw Blue Oyster Cult last night which was amazing.

Alright guys, I've come up with a possible theory of what is going on with my face. I'll explain about it tomorrow though because I just typed out a long explaination and then I accidentally clicked "x" :doh::lol: All i'll say now is a yeast overgrowth could be playing a role in all this.

Alright guys, I've come up with a possible theory of what is going on with my face. I'll explain about it tomorrow though because I just typed out a long explaination and then I accidentally clicked "x" :doh: :lol: All i'll say now is a yeast overgrowth could be playing a role in all this.

Okay i'm ready to explain myself now lol.. I was way too tired and lazy to explain last night. Okay... so, remember the pictures I posted of the corner of my lip? It was all gross... looked infected and flakey? Well, it all started out when the corner of my mouth cracked a little.. then spred into a big infection. Same thing happened to the other side of my lip now too. I did some googling and typed in "infection corner of mouth" and immediatly discovered angular cheilitis. I found out that yeast, or "candida", is usually the cause of it. When I looked at pictures of Angular Cheilitis in google images, it was EXACTLY what I had. I'm thinking that the rash on my face may also be from candida. Remember when I had to take antiboitics for a month? Maybe from taking those antibiotics... it wiped out all the good bacteria, thus leaving me with this ugly facial rash that won't go away. I'll definitely bring this up when I go see that new doctor. It's only a theory... I do way too much research O_O lol

^haha I'm actually getting a little rusty at doing handstands... I need to work on that more often :P

I just wanted to update quick and tell you all that things are doing a lot better today. I think what my problem was.... is I added in the baby brush method to exfoliate on tane.. and I was doing that EVERY night. Thats when things started getting worse, even though I thought it was for the better. Well, I haven't done the baby brush method in maybe 5 days now and the rash I had is getting a lot better. I won't exfoliate anymore... BUUUUUUUT I think I might need to do the baby brush thing at least once ever couple weeks.. because it gets very hard to apply my makeup with flakes on my skin.

The bad news that I have is... all of a sudden, i'm getting bad pitted scarring. I'm not sure if accutane just "accentuates" them more or what, but I haven't noticed any of these until recently. Its mainly on my temples.. and they aren't even small pitted scars.. the are literally indented lines on both sides of my temples... which my guess is from when I had a sort of nervous breakdown with my skin for a while and would furiously scratched at my temples and other parts of my skin.

^haha I'm actually getting a little rusty at doing handstands... I need to work on that more often :P

I just wanted to update quick and tell you all that things are doing a lot better today. I think what my problem was.... is I added in the baby brush method to exfoliate on tane.. and I was doing that EVERY night. Thats when things started getting worse, even though I thought it was for the better. Well, I haven't done the baby brush method in maybe 5 days now and the rash I had is getting a lot better. I won't exfoliate anymore... BUUUUUUUT I think I might need to do the baby brush thing at least once ever couple weeks.. because it gets very hard to apply my makeup with flakes on my skin.

The bad news that I have is... all of a sudden, i'm getting bad pitted scarring. I'm not sure if accutane just "accentuates" them more or what, but I haven't noticed any of these until recently. Its mainly on my temples.. and they aren't even small pitted scars.. the are literally indented lines on both sides of my temples... which my guess is from when I had a sort of nervous breakdown with my skin for a while and would furiously scratched at my temples and other parts of my skin.

Glad to hear that things are going okay Mandy!

Same here with scarring. I guess my acne was so bad I just never saw the scars, but after accutane cleared my skin I noticed I have some mild pitted scarring all over my lower cheeks. (where my acne was severe and cystic) It really isn't noticable at all, but it still sucks.

For the first time in nearly 9 months, I am having a real breakout. I have like 5-6 zits and loads of blackheads. This is depressing. I thought I was going to be clear for good. :mad:

Glad to hear that things are going okay Mandy!

Same here with scarring. I guess my acne was so bad I just never saw the scars, but after accutane cleared my skin I noticed I have some mild pitted scarring all over my lower cheeks. (where my acne was severe and cystic) It really isn't noticable at all, but it still sucks.

For the first time in nearly 9 months, I am having a real breakout. I have like 5-6 zits and loads of blackheads. This is depressing. I thought I was going to be clear for good. :mad:

For the shallow scarring that you have, have you concidered trying "Silka Camellia Oil" at all?? Go on MUA and read reviews.. people say its GREAT for scarring! And sorry to hear about your recent breakout :( comfort: Hopefully it will clear up fast. BTW, are you still using saw palmetto?

hope tane is helping u mandy :)

Update: I ended up getting a zit on my chin... its reaaaally really small so it doesn't bug me that much.. but randomly, I was was just sitting here last night with my makeup on and that zit randomly started to weep clear fluid. Can someone please explain to me what this clear stuff is that is coming out of my skin!? I have no idea what is causing this. Usually I hear about big cystic acne sometimes weeping clearish fluid... but this zit was probably this small ---> "o", probably even smaller.. I wonder why fluid is coming out of that randomly? O_O

Alright guys, i'm getting pretty nervous here now.

I'm probably just over-worrying.. because as you've all noticed, I tend to worry way too much and jump to conclusions..... but I think I might be getting impetigo on my chin :|

Yesterday, I got the TINIEST zit on my chin.. probably smaller than --- > "o"........ and then that night, it randomly burst and the dreadful clear liquid that i've been dealing with for months now started weeping out. It was like that all night long and then ended up crusting over. Today, its even worse.... The zit is gone and i'm just left with regular red/broken skin. I've been back and forth to the bathroom all day getting tissues for this ONE LITTLE AREA OF MY FACE because this clear fluid won't stop coming out of it.. and finally, it crusted up into a gross honeyish color :( I know i'm probably jumping to conclusions when I say I might have impetigo there or some kind of bacterial infection........ BUT THIS IS NOT NORMAL!

I know i'm whining too much but I thought i'd post a picture so you all have a visual.

First off... my lips... i've been trying to get a doctor appointment for them lately but i've been unable to get an appointment.. i'll be calling over the next few days in hopes that someone cancelled. The corners of my lips right now are unbearable.. even with aquaphor. They have a strange white coat, crust up, bleed, etc... and I actaully cried trying to eat an apple today. It really hurt that bad. The other black areas circled look like white spots on my lips in this picture, but the lighting is just messed up. Those are actually yellowish brownish spots on my lips that are EXTREMELY painful too. It sucks big time :dry:

The blue part you see circled is what i'm bitching about in my post above. That area circled is actually just flat skin with no zit. The skin is a little broken and sore there.. and red as you can see... but it has been weeping out a clear fluid ALL DAY LONG and crusting over. That to me sounds like a sign of impetigo IMO but i'm probably just being a worry wart.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3182.jpg

I know your pain, I've got the lip-corner thing too. It's bloody f*cking irritating too because people keep making me laugh/shout and whenever I open my mouth too far the skin cracks and bleeds. URAGH! My whole lower face feels as someone's been having a go at it with a sledgehammer.

How is the incriminating possibly-impetigo spot now?

Sorry hun :comfort:

Hmm Mandy, sounds like it isnt normal though. I dont think your over-worrying. Get it checked out. I also had cracked lips and i know its very very painful!!! Also with the clear weeping fluid, i dont think thats normal at all. Maybe you should visit a doctor, (dont know how it works over there, ive heard you had to pay to see a doctor? )

Hmm Mandy, sounds like it isnt normal though. I dont think your over-worrying. Get it checked out. I also had cracked lips and i know its very very painful!!! Also with the clear weeping fluid, i dont think thats normal at all. Maybe you should visit a doctor, (dont know how it works over there, ive heard you had to pay to see a doctor? )

Are doctors free where you live?? I'd be so jealous haha... for a normal doctor appointment, it costs me about 100 bucks :dry: ... LUCKILY, I found a clinic that only charges 5 dollars to see a Nurse Practioner... when I go get my tane blood work done in a week, i'll ask them about this chin thing that i'm dealing with.. i'll be calling every day though for to see if anyone cancelled an appointment since i'm going through hell each day lol

For all of you's who don't go to the "cosmetic and style" section of this forum... I made a post showing my before and afters (without makeup and with makeup) :D I decided I should post the pictures in here too!

left side without makeup

left side WITH makeup

right side without makeup

right side WITH makeup (and apparently too much blush! O_O)

right side WITH makeup in sunlight

And here's my whine/rant/bitch of the day :razz:

Are doctors free where you live?? I'd be so jealous haha... for a normal doctor appointment, it costs me about 100 bucks :dry: ... LUCKILY, I found a clinic that only charges 5 dollars to see a Nurse Practioner... when I go get my tane blood work done in a week, i'll ask them about this chin thing that i'm dealing with.. i'll be calling every day though for to see if anyone cancelled an appointment since i'm going through hell each day lol

Yes its free. But things like dermatologist appointments and other things like that we have to pay and its very expensive. Maybe 100-200 dollars.

Wow, didnt know some countries had to pay to visit a doctor. Thats redicoulous. :shock:

America's health care system sucks big time IMO. I owe nearly 3000 dollars.. about 2000+ of that was from me spending an unnecessary 7-8 hours at the emergency room because I had a severe migraine... they did a shit load of tests on me and in the end, I only ended up walking out with a prescription for painkillers. The rest of my bill is from other doctor appointments :dry:

Hey Mandy....do you only have the one trouble spot on your chin and near your lip or is it all over?

I've gotten eczema in the middle of my 3rd month and I have been battling with it ever since.

I also get big angry red patches.

Inside the patches it looks as if I have tiny pimples all over. Lots of them have teeny tiny white heads that for the most part pop easily.

They also itch and ooze clear/white stuff and some have gotten crusty like you say.

So maybe you have a form of eczema like I do?

Have you tried a hydrocortizone ointment? (I got a 1% from my derm but you could try a store brand first.)

If you can choose get the ointment for night time (I think it works better) and cream for during the day when you have to wear makeup.

I hope this helps you some, I'm in agony over this as the hydrocortizones aren't helping me very well. (doesn't go completly away and comes right back full force as soon as I stop applying it even for just one day)

Anyway, just something to try out while your waiting for your appointments!

Lastly, you use PF minerals right?

Your makeup looks great and I'd LOVE some tips on exactly how you apply it.

I bought PF liquid and the loose powder mineral wear in Creamy something and it was too light so I took it back and haven't bought it again tho I want to.

Coverage also wasn't as good as I had hoped but I only applied it once with my Aubrey Nicole Premium buki brush and didn't play with it much cuz it was the wrong color.

Do you know what is the next shade up from that is?

There are SO many beiges I get confused. :wacko:

If it helps any BE's beige looks too pink on me, does that mean I have pink undertones?

Completely lost on where to start color wise!

Hey Mandy....do you only have the one trouble spot on your chin and near your lip or is it all over?

I've gotten eczema in the middle of my 3rd month and I have been battling with it ever since.

I also get big angry red patches.

Inside the patches it looks as if I have tiny pimples all over. Lots of them have teeny tiny white heads that for the most part pop easily.

They also itch and ooze clear/white stuff and some have gotten crusty like you say.

So maybe you have a form of eczema like I do?

Have you tried a hydrocortizone ointment? (I got a 1% from my derm but you could try a store brand first.)

If you can choose get the ointment for night time (I think it works better) and cream for during the day when you have to wear makeup.

I hope this helps you some, I'm in agony over this as the hydrocortizones aren't helping me very well. (doesn't go completly away and comes right back full force as soon as I stop applying it even for just one day)

Anyway, just something to try out while your waiting for your appointments!

Lastly, you use PF minerals right?

Your makeup looks great and I'd LOVE some tips on exactly how you apply it.

I bought PF liquid and the loose powder mineral wear in Creamy something and it was too light so I took it back and haven't bought it again tho I want to.

Coverage also wasn't as good as I had hoped but I only applied it once with my Aubrey Nicole Premium buki brush and didn't play with it much cuz it was the wrong color.

Do you know what is the next shade up from that is?

There are SO many beiges I get confused. :wacko:

If it helps any BE's beige looks too pink on me, does that mean I have pink undertones?

Completely lost on where to start color wise!

Hey there! I actually have been researching about eczema for a couple months now (along with a billion other things that could be whats fucking up my skin lol)... but I don't think the thing on my chin was that. Yesterday, it turned into a scab and fell off... and now I just have normal pinkish skin there again! Pretty strange lol.

As for makeup--- YEP! I use and love PF mineral makeup. I use the lightest shade there is in the PF mineral wear liquid foundation and apply it with my own sponge (I actually ripped off the built in sponge) and I smooth a good amount of the foundation all over my face. Since I have sooo much redness to cover up, I follow with my mary kay signiture concealer (works wonders!)... and then I dust on some PF mineral wear loose powder, again in the lightest shade. I'm not sure the next shade up from beige, but you can take a look at the physician's formula website and i'm almost positive it should be listed there!

-----------------------------------------------------

Here's my quick update for the day.... I'm not sure what day i'm on but i'll figure that out the next time I update this log. First off, i'll mention that I'm almost done with 2 months though and should be starting month 3 next week! (If my blood tests go well, that is. Last time, my cholesteral was raised to 236, I believe... when it should have been less than 200.)

The 2nd thing I want to mention is... I officially don't think my body produces puss anymore ( :lol: ).... If I get any zit, no matter the size........ the ONLY, and I repeat, only thing that will come out of these pimples is that thick, clear fluid I constantly complain about. Absolutely NO PUSS ever. That's almost a good thing because I find puss to be absolutley discusting, but i'd rather have NOTHING come out of these pimples lol. I'd feel 10x better if I knew what the fuck this clear fluid is... so if anyone knows what it is.... PLEASE INFORM ME :pray:

Edit: NEVERMIND! I found out what that clear fluid shit is! After a little googling, I discovered that it's called serous fluid! I don't know much more. lol