Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mgs2Raiden

Diet for oily skin?

I have an oily t zone and I have a feeling that its my constant junk food habits. I really eat junk food everday ranging from tim hortons timbits to pizza and burger king to lots of donuts :). Its really something I cant resist. SHould I cut out all of those? Whats a healthy fast food store that I can purchase food from? Is Subway good?

What should I replace everything with. I recently started taking 2 tablespoons of acv morning and night.

um yeah those junk foods are not good for your skin, not to mention to your body as well

try eating fruits instead of junk foods they are great alternatives... it is hard to resist junk foods but try to stay under control in some way

Fruits? O_O O boy.......I can barely eat a full apple. So what should I eat for lunch? I never bring lunch. There has to be some healthy fast food store subway? I really cant resist fast food. And I really dont wanna cut it out, its just damn good.

um yeah those junk foods are not good for your skin, not to mention to your body as well

try eating fruits instead of junk foods they are great alternatives... it is hard to resist junk foods but try to stay under control in some way

choose the fast food or choose your skin

willpower is the key

how old are you? when i was 18 i had your attitude towards food and health, now at 25 i just shake my head at how much damage i did to my body

learn some basic cooking skills. make your own dinner/lunch, etc.

So can you tell me your daily food intake? Im 18 lol.

choose the fast food or choose your skin

willpower is the key

how old are you? when i was 18 i had your attitude towards food and health, now at 25 i just shake my head at how much damage i did to my body

learn some basic cooking skills. make your own dinner/lunch, etc.

i'm in another dietary transition trying to eliminate wheat and cut down on grains

breakfast

cooked oats + whey + apple + flax

post-workout

banana/berries + whey + water drink

lunch/before dinner

soup with chopped veggies/potatoes (you live with your folks?) or cooked chicken/fish + veggies

dinner

cooked chicken/fish + veggies + spices

this is a big change from how i was 6 months ago

breakfast

sandwiches

lunch

sandwiches

before dinner

sandwiches/bread/bagels/junk snacks

dinner

lots of starchy grains + meat + few veggies

little or no fruit throughout the day

more starches after workout

once i got acne, i stopped with sodas and junk food gradually. your body needs to get used to your new diet (whatever that may be)

How do you find stuff suitable to accomodate your acne? How do I know that this kinda stuff will benefit my oily skin? I know for a fact that im cutting out Burger king, pizza and what not. I just dont know what to eat. Sandwiches? Ya I live with my parents. I told my mom to buy some more fruits. Im just kinda confused on what I should eat for lunch and dinner. Soup definately wont be filling.

i'm in another dietary transition trying to eliminate wheat and cut down on grains

breakfast

cooked oats + whey + apple + flax

post-workout

banana/berries + whey + water drink

lunch/before dinner

soup with chopped veggies/potatoes (you live with your folks?) or cooked chicken/fish + veggies

dinner

cooked chicken/fish + veggies + spices

this is a big change from how i was 6 months ago

breakfast

sandwiches

lunch

sandwiches

before dinner

sandwiches/bread/bagels/junk snacks

dinner

lots of starchy grains + meat + few veggies

little or no fruit throughout the day

more starches after workout

Fruits? O_O O boy.......I can barely eat a full apple. So what should I eat for lunch? I never bring lunch. There has to be some healthy fast food store subway? I really cant resist fast food. And I really dont wanna cut it out, its just damn good.

A low carb diet can be a pain in the ass... Especially if you don't like vegetables all that much.

Celery and tomatoes make me wanna gag, broccoli aint that nice and coliflower has a weird ass taste.

But I eat them all because I wanna get huge and have great skin.

It takes will power no doubt.

My diet yesterday was...

Breakfast: Cooked Oats + Milk, 3 Eggs, Zinc + Omega 3 suppliment

Snack: Almonds + apple

Lunch: Lamb steak and salad

Pre-workout: Whey + banana

post workout: Grape juice + Whey (this is the only time when I have a considerable amount of simple carbs)

Post-postworkout meal: Beef steaks + salad

Dinner: Chicken stir fry

Pre-bed: Whey shake.

By no means perfect.. but its a start. No bread, and only oats for breakfast. Anyone worrying about "catabolism" on this diet... don't. Eat enough clories from meat and veg, and you will stay anabolic.

I lost 5 pounds on this diet initially, but it was all fat.... I'm more muscular than I've ever been at a solid 145 lbs because I'm eating right

oh course you SHOULD cut them out. unhealthy. Im Asian and grew up with only healthy food. Than when I went out with friends or whatever I was in junkfood galore. Anyway. I've noticed eating healthier has effected my skin a TINY bit. and when I eat fries i break out a lil....I had curly fries today....I WAS HUNGRY...they were good....damn. drink more water

getting decent calories throughout the day from meat (chicken/fish) and veggies (except for oats at breakfast) is slowly making me go insane because

- can't touch cooking oils (not even olive oil) because of insane omega 6 content

- can't touch butter because of sat fat and omega 6 content

- can't touch nuts/seeds because of omega 6 content

- can't touch eggs for the exact same damn reason even though they have great nutrition otherwise

- can't add salt

which means i essentially have no damn way to easily give something flavor like a sauce because...all sauces contain at least one acne promoting ingredient (starches, oils, eggs, milk, etc.)

and using the same damn herbs at every meal has made me desensitized completely towards their taste

i don't know how the hell paleo diet people manage without having all the omega 6 content from the excess meat, nuts, seeds, eggs, etc. making their inflammation explode

i took a look at tomato sauce product ingredients recently:

- sugar

- starches

- LOTS of salt

- soya oil

WTF, good god everything in the damn supermarket is absolute garbage for skin it seems

getting decent calories throughout the day from meat (chicken/fish) and veggies (except for oats at breakfast) is slowly making me go insane because

- can't touch cooking oils (not even olive oil) because of insane omega 6 content

- can't touch eggs for the exact same damn reason even though they have great nutrition otherwise

- can't add salt

which means i essentially have no damn way to easily give something flavor like a sauce because...all sauces contain at least one acne promoting ingredient (starches, oils, eggs, milk, etc.)

and using the same damn herbs at every meal has made me desensitized completely towards their taste

i don't know how the hell paleo diet people manage without having all the omega 6 content from the excess meat, nuts, seeds, eggs, etc. making their inflammation explode

- sugar

- starches

- LOTS of salt

- soya oil

WTF, good god everything in the damn supermarket is absolute garbage for skin it seems

- can't add salt

- sugar

- starches

- LOTS of salt

- soya oil

I don't think it's necessary to be 100% devoted to an anti-inflammatory diet. I think both nuts, seeds, eggs and meat are just plain fine in moderation. The stress you're putting yourself under trying for dietary perfection is probably doing more harm than anything else.

Im seriously starting to have my doubts on this. I cant out lifes best foods for the rest of my life, its too hard. I cant even eat friggin bread cause it causes acne. COME ON!!!! Subway I thought was a healthier alternative. This definately sucks. Its too hard to resist. WHat the hell am I suppose to eat thats healthy and good at the same time? Bread is essential to everything thats good-pizza, sandiwches, subways, hamburgers. I CANT EVEN HAVE DAIRY ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats a good alternative that I can purchase while out? Ugh this is impossible.

At least ive cut out pop. I onyl drink water :).

and just so you guys know, I have an oily t zone only. Its annoying and I hope Ig row out of it.

Im seriously starting to have my doubts on this. I cant out lifes best foods for the rest of my life, its too hard. I cant even eat friggin bread cause it causes acne. COME ON!!!! Subway I thought was a healthier alternative. This definately sucks. Its too hard to resist. WHat the hell am I suppose to eat thats healthy and good at the same time? Bread is essential to everything thats good-pizza, sandiwches, subways, hamburgers. I CANT EVEN HAVE DAIRY ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats a good alternative that I can purchase while out? Ugh this is impossible.

and just so you guys know, I have an oily t zone only. Its annoying and I hope Ig row out of it.

Omega 6 oils are essential fatty acids. You shouldn't avoid them; your body NEEDS them.

Also, this is so sad...

ahhhh nm... now I see where the 'grow out of it' thing came from

must not have read that last line of mgs's post carefully, my bad Cyph

it's not sad, it's typical in western society (not insulting OP)

junk/processed food manufacturers keep forcing the idea into your mind with their products and advertising that ONLY garbage food can "taste good"

so you keep eating their food and become desensitized to the flavor and texture of actual whole foods