Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3pointshoota

Accutane, when should I take it?

Hi,

I have moderate acne. My doctor has reccoemended accutane. Im 18years old and still in school. Im thinking about taking accutane in the summer since I have heard of a large intial breakout. Also Im scared that all the side effects (dry lips, eyes, back pain) will effect me in school. Would you reccomend taking it now or waiting until the summer?

take it 2 months before school ends... that gives you 4 months including summer. so you can start school with 4 months of accutane behind you, thats how i see it.

i think it would be better doing it at school, that way u can fully enjoy your holidays. plus 4 months may not be enough, i've been on it for double that and i only got a not-a-single-spot-face a few weeks/month ago. plus i didnt get an initial breakout.. but i was on a low dosage (20mg)

As for the lips if your 'secure' at school, or dont care wot people think u could moisturise em after classes.. my derm said i should moisturise em 12 times a day 8-[ , bloodshot eyes are an ass but if they start to bother you, make sure you get artificial tears.. plus less time on pc would help them.

man, stop being a baby. If you dont go on it now, ur just gonna get more zits until the summer. I guarantee you. And more zits, means more brighter red marks for Accutane. I had to wait 2 months for my derm appointment. I never thought i would need Accutane before those 2 months. But my face got really bad, and now im left with tons of red marks.

Also...in the summer you shouldn't be outside if your taking Accutane. Your skin will be very sensitive to sun. Taking it in the winter time is the best.

its up to you, but stop being a little baby. Breakouts go away quick.